Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Nov 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2793387)   #26
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
quite an exciting race.

well done to PD, two out of the last three races he has been the leading Ford, what has changed?

Also what has changed at FPR, even Richo is punching much harder than earlier in the year.

and what was Gt thinking trying to run PD of the track like that, 5 contacts is a bit unreasonable, and still the meat head didnt learn "uggg, ill get him back tomorrow" dont skin your knuckles on the ground Garth
Old 20 Nov 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2793402)   #27
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
[QUOTE=
Even his peers despise him......[/QUOTE]

Not just his peers.........
Old 20 Nov 2010, 23:39 (Ref:2793648)   #28
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmmm great coverage of the race by Ch7 today... top job boys..

I think i might just not watch it and get it later ad free.... If im gonna see it delayed... might as well be without the same ads every 5 mins...
Old 21 Nov 2010, 05:30 (Ref:2793710)   #29
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Cromley put the knockers on them, didn't he!
Old 21 Nov 2010, 05:35 (Ref:2793712)   #30
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
wow cromely , the new mockers

"i always worry when i say things like this, but its been quiet hasnt it" 30 secs latter....
Old 21 Nov 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2793716)   #31
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ch7 well done, race is all over and your telecast still has 14 laps togo, and for the second day in a row no presentation for the winners. Shame Shame Shame
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 21 Nov 2010, 06:38 (Ref:2793718)   #32
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27 View Post
Cromley put the knockers on them, didn't he!
Knockers ??

Well done JC.

Christ Ch7 overdo that slow mo
Old 21 Nov 2010, 08:35 (Ref:2793738)   #33
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
obviously not a lot of controversy today, no one really complaining

good race though
Old 21 Nov 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2793748)   #34
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
obviously not a lot of controversy today, no one really complaining

good race though
Give it time peckstar there will be some one from the darkside that will have a cry
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 21 Nov 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2793749)   #35
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Give it time peckstar there will be some one from the darkside that will have a cry
I don't think they will........they've all gone missing......lol.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2793753)   #36
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I don't think they will........they've all gone missing......lol.
Just not up to playing childish "one eyed" games like some of the posters currently on here.

Grow up !
Old 21 Nov 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2793779)   #37
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Just not up to playing childish "one eyed" games like some of the posters currently on here.

Grow up !
Oh dear........sensitive.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2793810)   #38
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Ch7 well done, race is all over and your telecast still has 14 laps togo, and for the second day in a row no presentation for the winners. Shame Shame Shame
They would have had it if it wasn't for the bonehead drivers trying to belt each other at the end of the back straight, creating the usual Sandown delay as they put the tyres back together.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2793920)   #39
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well here's a sentence I never thought I'd utter.

Congratulations Paul Dumbrell on your first race win and pole position.

He was Frosty's equal all weekend and went toe to toe with Whincup in a 888 car, something I never thought he could be capable of.

With all the going on's at DJR it was great to see Courtney win yesterday and the emotion in DJ's voice on SEN radio after the race.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 22:40 (Ref:2794001)   #40
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I watched car 22 hit the tyre wall backwards and the fuel cell burst spraying fuel everywhere I held my breath expecting the exhaust heat would ignite the fuel. I think Will was very lucky to walk away from that wreck. This would have to be one of if not the worst season for HRT in terms of destroying cars. It's not hard to imagine Mr Walkinshaw not wanting to turn out as many cars in 2011.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2794012)   #41
Speed Kills
Rookie

Speed Kills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AT what point in Race 2 was the decision made to shorten the race by 5 laps...was it prior to the restart or after it was realised that the ony way to have the championship contenders all finish 1,2,3 was to shorten the race so they wouldnt run out of fuel? Being at the track the commentory prior to the race restart didnt mention a shortening of the race....so if the latter is the case, then the V8's have lost the last of their credability.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 23:36 (Ref:2794016)   #42
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
The race was most likely shortened due to Ch7 commitments.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 23:59 (Ref:2794021)   #43
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
The race was most likely shortened due to Ch7 commitments.
Yep, we had to cross to a riveting episode of "The Great South East" here in Queensland
Old 22 Nov 2010, 00:17 (Ref:2794024)   #44
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the TV it looked like a tyre from the barrier hit a spectator. Anyone know if it did hit them? If so, are they ok?
Old 22 Nov 2010, 01:19 (Ref:2794038)   #45
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
AT what point in Race 2 was the decision made to shorten the race by 5 laps...was it prior to the restart
Yes it was made during the 30 minute wall rebuild delay that you didn't see on the telecast.

They called it as xx laps or 17:20 + 1 lap which ever arrived first, same as the Saturday restart where the time limit kicked in and Ch 7 was live after the restart. On Sunday the telecast was about 10 laps behind reality at the finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
Being at the track the commentary prior to the race restart didnt mention a shortening of the race
You'll find on track commentary team doesn't have the links to Race Control that the TV does so tends to have to see something going on rather than being told about it.

The on screen lap score on the big screens looked to be about right as I noticed the total lap count had dropped just after they restarted the race.

Last edited by PVDA; 22 Nov 2010 at 01:27.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 01:24 (Ref:2794040)   #46
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is Sandown:
1) Ch7 limited or
2) local-resident-noise-restriction limited?
Old 22 Nov 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2794045)   #47
Carter-Nelson
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne - Australia
Carter-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on the VHRR historic racing organising committee for a few years, each of the Victorian based race tracks get an allocation of 'Noise days' per year that they sell at a premium above the normal race day costs. I think Sandown gets 8 or 10.. or something like that

For the Sandown Historics we pay a premium that allows us to have cars at 95db measured 30 feet. Due to the noise restrictions and the local residents persistent complaining about noise no race can start after 17:00 and the last race must complete by 17:20 or 17:30. No race engines can start before 09:00 either; so you learn to push your car allot...difficult with 10"-13" slicks and a locked diff!

Local residents are known to position themselves at the track with a noise meter and record car numbers, date, time, etc and report to the EPA to make trouble...why did they buy a house next to a race track in the first place!!!!!
Old 22 Nov 2010, 03:23 (Ref:2794077)   #48
V8RYAN
Racer

Australia
SANDOWN
V8RYAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmonaro View Post
On the TV it looked like a tyre from the barrier hit a spectator. Anyone know if it did hit them? If so, are they ok?
i was at that position all weekend and yes the tyre hit him, it was about 4 metres away from my daughter, the tyre hit him in the back leaving a nice tread mark on his white shirt. he was fine, not a mark on him. he was actually very proud, everyone came up and said something to him and he kept the tyre too!

i live a 1 minute drive from the track which is great, i moved there because of the track and SH!TS me that people complain about the noise and we are the ones who lose out.

if you moved next to the airport and complained about the noise, would they stop flying the planes? NO! so why should we be any different!
Old 22 Nov 2010, 04:12 (Ref:2794089)   #49
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter-Nelson View Post
Local residents are known to position themselves at the track with a noise meter and record car numbers, date, time, etc and report to the EPA to make trouble...why did they buy a house next to a race track in the first place!!!!!
THIS THIS THIS THIS. This I will never understand. If you were there before the racetrack was built well then you may have something to complain about but if you chose to move next to or near a racetrack that you fully well know is going to bring with it some noise and you dont like it well then you shouldnt have moved there in the first place.

It makes me so angry whenever I hear of people complaining like this. And its not confined to Australia either, Spa and Monza have the same problems.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 05:20 (Ref:2794100)   #50
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8RYAN View Post
i was at that position all weekend and yes the tyre hit him, it was about 4 metres away from my daughter, the tyre hit him in the back leaving a nice tread mark on his white shirt. he was fine, not a mark on him. he was actually very proud, everyone came up and said something to him and he kept the tyre too!

i live a 1 minute drive from the track which is great, i moved there because of the track and SH!TS me that people complain about the noise and we are the ones who lose out.

if you moved next to the airport and complained about the noise, would they stop flying the planes? NO! so why should we be any different!
Aircraft noise is a bit different as it encompasses such a wide area. But I once heard a debate between 2 people on aircraft noise......one was noise affected and one was not, and the one that was not affected said "then why did you buy there?" But he would then complain about the traffic on the way to work. The one that was affected by aircraft noise said "then why didn't you buy closer to work, or work closer to where you live?".........what I reasoned out of this is that everyone likes to pass judgement on others but not be judged themselves.