Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Dec 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2800808)   #176
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
yawn
Apologies Axeman is that information not correct or false in anyway?

Tourer you may not care however following the Auditor General report this year, the care factor of the taxpayer, NSW Government and V8SA I'm sure would be quite high.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2800827)   #177
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Apologies Axeman is that information not correct or false in anyway?

Tourer you may not care however following the Auditor General report this year, the care factor of the taxpayer, NSW Government and V8SA I'm sure would be quite high.
Its TCs signature event. No way in the world is he going to put ANY negative spin on it. If he did, it wouldn't be justified for the next year....
Old 7 Dec 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2800868)   #178
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots of people by inference
As long as its within the forum rules, i'll continue to post my opinion
Reminding a number of posters that it might be a good idea to read the forum rules then take them to heart. I'll particularly point you to:

* trolling
* attack the post not the poster

There's also stuff in there about personal insults and generally making trouble for moderators/other users. Too many posts don't fit those guidelines and I'm not too happy at having to constantly read every post with the mindset of 'should I delete that?' and then having to think about how it fits with the posts that follow it. I'm rapidly heading to the point of 'I will delete that' because every discussion gets stifled by the same few usual culprits. I'm also irritated at how often I have to repeat the same message because posters don't seem to listen.

So teach yourself this mantra:
Before you post it, read it and think about whether you're being in any way insulting to somebody.
If you are, don't post it.
If you are and you did post it, expect to say goodbye to it.
If you keep doing it, expect to say goodbye. Except you may not get the opportunity.

And if somebody does it to you, for goodness sakes, rise above it. This isn't the kindergarten.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2801124)   #179
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think that you are confusing two different things D.R.T. - "event of the year" and the financials. Homebush was a good event, plenty of people enjoyed it and there were a lot of obvious improvements from the first year according to what I've seen and heard (didn't get tout there this year personally).

Whether or not it worked as well financially will remain to be seen. Like a lot of big events this year, the crowd numbers were down but the organisers could see it coming and erected less grandstands etc so would have saved on costs too, not just suffered a hit on revenue.

Given that the contribution from the taxpayer is capped each year, I do struggle to see what issue the taxpayer would have in comparison to last year but I guess that will all come out in the wash.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2801137)   #180
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I hear the Sydney 500 was the V8SA event of the year for 2010.

Quite an achievement considering it was down by over 20,000 on attendance compared to 2009 and significantly less than other events.
I remain unsure how grandstands such as this one...

... (pic taken early Friday) can be expected to fill to be thr brim when the patrons have to sit in full sun for 3 days.

Now I know I have the ability to handle the sun akin to a polar bear, but I can't be the only one.. (sits here still sunburned )
Old 7 Dec 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2801139)   #181
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now in terms of the corporate facilities, am led to believe there was only one box unfilled.. I mean look at the crowd hanging on the balcony before R2...

Old 7 Dec 2010, 23:43 (Ref:2801140)   #182
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The circuit looks wider in the pic than on the teev..

Old 8 Dec 2010, 00:59 (Ref:2801164)   #183
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only one corporate suite unsold is a pretty good run given we aren't out of the woods on the GFC entirely.

Any idea on how many corporate suites were at the Sydney 500 in total?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2801171)   #184
Seton05
Rookie

Seton05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I often lurk here reading up on Aussie motorsport news and have read the latter part of this thread with interest as I have a couple of friends that will argue till they are blue in the face that a supercar is straight from the factory and the teams redesign it into a racing car. I am still waiting for them to explain the carbon fibre panels flying off the Bundy car during the bathurst roll.

Another mate posted this link during a Bathurst argument on Facebook about what goes in to building the Kelly car.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225804750597

"Only 10 parts used in the production of this car were manufactured by Holden, with the rest made and fitted inside the Jack Daniel's Melbourne supersite."

"ALL the panels are made of carbon Kevlar and shaped to look like a Commodore. The front and rear doors come direct from the Holden factory, although the rear doors are shortened to fit the car, which is not as long as a road-going Commodore."

"The only thing that is steel is the driver's door because it is a genuine Holden part," Kelly said. "The rest is composite Kevlar. It used to be 100 per cent Holden panels but it is probably half-half now. The headlight tubs and the back of the car are also Holden.

"All the external stuff is an exact replica but we make it."

I don't watch it as much as I used to due to the lack of overtaking on most modern tracks but when I do watch it I have given up on the Ford v Holden crap that many go on with.
Ford may as well have taken out a full page ad on monday saying "We have the fastest badge, doors and headlights in Australia"
Old 8 Dec 2010, 02:07 (Ref:2801179)   #185
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seton05 View Post
I often lurk here reading up on Aussie motorsport news and have read the latter part of this thread with interest as I have a couple of friends that will argue till they are blue in the face that a supercar is straight from the factory and the teams redesign it into a racing car. I am still waiting for them to explain the carbon fibre panels flying off the Bundy car during the bathurst roll.
You need to cut those 'friends' of yours loose Seton. Life's too short to be hanging out with morons.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2802210)   #186
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The circuit looks wider in the pic than on the teev..

Definitely looks wider on TV than in the pic.