Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jan 2004, 04:28 (Ref:844958)   #1
Megatron
Rookie

Megatron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No R&S MKIIIC for Intersport?

Looks like Intersport is running the Lola/Judd in the LMP1 and a Lola as well in the LMP2. This somewhat makes the two MKIIIC's they bought somewhat of an ambigous purchase. Think they can raid the gearbox and try and put a paddle shifter on the MG/Lola/Judd? Aside from Sebring, looks like their MKIIIC's might be collecting dust.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 06:42 (Ref:845030)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully someone in Europe might buy'em and run em over here ..... please !!!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 07:30 (Ref:845066)   #3
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
They will be running the R&S at Sebring and possibly beyond
Old 21 Jan 2004, 09:48 (Ref:845184)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Graham ..... why does it seem that nobody is interested in running an R&S in Europe . It has been shown how well that car can do with the correct engineering support , several times .

I just cant understand it !?
Old 21 Jan 2004, 10:21 (Ref:845213)   #5
The Treester
Racer

The Treester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Badger,

As Graham said, Intersport is running the Riley & Scott at Sebring. Since Intersport is a privateer team it has to find funded drivers for the R&S. Clint opted to run the new Lola, can you blame him? Therefore they need some else runs the R&S.

I'm sure drivers like M. Durand would love to run the entire season with another driver if the finances are there (see other post). In this case, it's not about the engineering of the car; it's about finding funded drivers for the car! Any takers!

Last edited by The Treester; 21 Jan 2004 at 10:23.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:15 (Ref:845283)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by The Treester
Badger,As Graham said, Intersport is running the Riley & Scott at Sebring. Since Intersport is a privateer team it has to find funded drivers for the R&S. Clint opted to run the new Lola, can you blame him? Therefore they need some else runs the R&S.
I see your point but , my point was/is why there is no interest in the chassis in Europe , LMES series .
Do you really think that Intersport will not have enough on their plates to bring the whole support pakage needed for a B160 and a B2K/40 without dragging all the nessessary bits to support a decent R&S campaign too ? I cant think of anyone who ever succesfully campaigned a 3 (differant chassis) car team in the same season !!! I dont feel its a very serious effort . So , they will run it when someone shows up with the wedge , and what does it do for the rest of the time , sit in a garage next to a couple of Lola B2K-10's and gather dust or will it develope itself ??
Im saying that I would like to see a professional team running one and race it for a full season , on this side of the world , Europe!!!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:35 (Ref:845304)   #7
The Treester
Racer

Badger,

I would love to run a car in LMES just off of 'GP' of attending some of my favorite tracks and knowing the R&S is bullet proof! I'd enjoyed working on the car. Like others, I have the passion but no funds, being a typical under paid Engineer in the south.

I don't think the manpower to run three chassis would be an issue because the 'beast' of the cars is the Lola 160(?), MG-Lola w/o the MG, whateva. It takes 2 times the manpower to properly crew that car! You can easily maintain the R&S with 3 experience mech's for the weekend. As far as logistics to get the team/car back and forth over seas can be a nightmare!

Since Intersport is using the same engine in both cars, and both are lola's, crewing the R&S should be a "brain fart"!

Why European teams opt not to run it in LMES, I have no clue!

Old 21 Jan 2004, 12:43 (Ref:845370)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Treester
Why European teams opt not to run it in LMES, I have no clue!

The LMP1 teams that are now on the "preliminary entry list" already had cars - with one notable exception - and other teams won't join in, at least not in LMP1. Someone may want to buy a new (i.e., new-for-them) car next year but by then it is probably too late for the Mk.IIIC and the rest of the LMP900s...
Old 21 Jan 2004, 14:11 (Ref:845456)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Couldn't have expressed it better, Treester and Badger....

If you want to see the R&S race, say a few prayers that I hit a Powerball jackpot...

It would be my first purchase!!!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 14:32 (Ref:845472)   #10
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Badger:

AutoCon plans to race their Mrk3 at Le Mans and Monza. See you there...
Old 21 Jan 2004, 16:40 (Ref:845587)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going to start a new thread on a subject that answers questions many of us had last year when the LMES was originally announced...

How many ALMS teams will make the trip to Monza for that LMES opener since there is no ALMS event between Sebring in March and Mid-Ohio in late June????

They will have to go to France in Late April for Le Mans Test Days anyway (those who are invited to LM), so this would make sense to see how they stack up with potential rivals from Europe that they will face in the Big One in June...

Thanks for the heads-up, full throttle....

I also recalled seeing something in another announcement froman ALMS competitor....can't remember if it was Rand, American Spirit, or Intersport's recent announcement...

Once I start that thread, let's see if we can figure out who from the ALMS would or should be there, based on preliminary plans they have released...

Old 21 Jan 2004, 16:44 (Ref:845592)   #12
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is intersport that will race at Monza with both of their Lolas.

Last edited by Duffacus; 21 Jan 2004 at 16:44.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 21 Jan 2004, 20:59 (Ref:845873)   #13
The Treester
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
It is intersport that will race at Monza with both of their Lolas.
Yes, as far as i know!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:18 (Ref:845895)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Both AutoCon and Intersport announced palns to run at Monza....

I outlined some thoughts concerning this in a thread on ALMS teams competing at Monza in May...

I think it makes good sense, and Intersport is wise to do it...as is AutoCon...and I would hope that the LM invited teams from the ALMS will do so also...