Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Jul 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1668197)   #26
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
No danger of helping us poor folks out with which of the fliippin Spanish Armada is which in the WTCC, I suppose... what with them, the trio of identical Alfas, three indecipherable Chevys, lord knows how many Bee-Ems with "flame-surfacing" stripes etc etc etc, it's guesswork all the way...

OOPS... gave away a trade secret there...
well, if Eurosport want to pay..................
Old 30 Jul 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1668230)   #27
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
....bugger, I was hoping for some time off from that
You're not finished yet. Pinkney has now got extra sponsorship from Nuts magazine.

Should have a pic I can email you if you don't have details already.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1672211)   #28
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And you'll need to add Gareth Howell in #25
Old 6 Aug 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1676006)   #29
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the spotters guide, not that I need it mind!

I was curious how the images were created though? What software was used?

Very good work though!
Old 7 Aug 2006, 03:33 (Ref:1676183)   #30
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I use Adobe Illustrator. I have most of the cars already drawn (the SEAT's, BMW, Alfa, old Vauxhall, MG, 307) from sponsorship proposals and livery designs so that saves time. Most logos are pulled from pdf's, a vector website while some teams are also very helpful. A few logos are then just jpegs.

I then save it out as a pdf, use some acrobat tools to reduce file size and password it

Quite a few teams, drivers and photographers now help out (not easy being in Canada) which is always welcome

New one will be ready for the nxt round, but it will be at least Wednesday/Thursday before its posted - just got back from a holiday back 'home' in the UK
Old 7 Aug 2006, 03:33 (Ref:1676184)   #31
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
And you'll need to add Gareth Howell in #25
yeap #25 already there, so just need to add the name.
Old 9 Aug 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1678671)   #32
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Hi everyone

The Guide has been updated for Snetterton!

Proctor remains as he's expected out. There are updates to the Leggate, Marsh, Pinkney and Murray cars as well as Howell.

In the Cupra's, Andrew Jordan joins the series so he's been added, Car 41

Same link as before. Future updates will only be for additions to the series.
Old 9 Aug 2006, 20:01 (Ref:1678682)   #33
Marc27
Rookie

Marc27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd been meaning to point out Fiona's car for a while as you've had it with a spare front end on all season!
Old 9 Aug 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1678689)   #34
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yeah, but it was changing race by race for a while
Old 9 Aug 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1678829)   #35
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Excellent job! Just thought I'd point out some (very) minor errors
  • Your picture of Bell's car misses out the slogan "Fish in the fast lane"
  • Kaye's car has one of the sponsors from the lower side panel missing
  • Adam Jones' car is missing the new sponsors which appeared on the side of his car at Donington
  • Leggate's car is missing the green bit that should be one the front bumper from the side view
Old 10 Aug 2006, 02:26 (Ref:1678899)   #36
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
That green bit is sometimes on and sometimes off the car. The Bell car,,,,bugger I remember thinking that The others, well they dont get many pics of these plus Kaye's livery is shockingly bad (sorry!) The other problem is getting smaller logos in vector format (Millers and Alan Day are two that spring to mind)

There are loads of small sponsors missing on the cars (I figure you wont see them if you print it out)

didnt have much time to update the guide this time, but it shouldnt cause any massive confusion.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1679402)   #37
Marc27
Rookie

As far as I'm aware the green of Fiona's bumper will not be returning as it was thought to look better without.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1679471)   #38
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc27
As far as I'm aware the green of Fiona's bumper will not be returning as it was thought to look better without.
Fiona's car is the messiest paintjob on the grid. It looks like someone sneezed on the old coupé.

Her all green version last season was far better IMO.
Old 11 Aug 2006, 07:20 (Ref:1679728)   #39
Marc27
Rookie

The two paintjobs are not that different, they just replaced the green with red and the white with green. The actual layout is the same.
Old 11 Aug 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1680158)   #40
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc27
The two paintjobs are not that different, they just replaced the green with red and the white with green. The actual layout is the same.
It's not the layout I don't like (emphasis on the 'I'), it's the pairing of that green and that red. It's like a bad tracksuit.

VX Racing have done a far better job integrating green and red on the otherhand.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1691546)   #41
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Leave Proctor in for Knockhill. He's doing the meeting.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1693786)   #42
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Adam Jones should have a new sponsor at Knockhill, so that car will need updated if Andy can find out who it is.

Mark Proctors livery needs updated to include the red strip that is now on the side of his car.

Infront Motorsport's Alfa Romeo now has extra sponsorship. Increased sponsorship from a1products.co.uk Work Space Solutions.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1693876)   #43
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Future updates will only be for additions to the series.
Guide should be good enough anyway!
Old 12 Sep 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1708747)   #44
Alfa Fan
Veteran

If you want to keep the guide updated you've a hell of a lot of work to do before Brands.

Entries that need added

#42 Chris Stockton BTC Racing Lexus IS 200
#43 Darren Dowling BTC Racing Lexus IS 200

No livery details available yet, the cars will run unliviried at Brands. At Silverstone they should have a proper livery.

#22 Mark Jones Team Forward Racing Lexus IS 200

And Nick Leason will drive a NJL Racing Vauxhall Astra Coupe. Here's a mock up of that livery http://www.btcc.net/images/gallery/st_2485_792b.jpg
Old 13 Sep 2006, 05:54 (Ref:1709337)   #45
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
when is brands

I think its very unlikely I'll be able to do this due to current workload that pays the bills. sorry guys and girls *

* a little peeved as someone decided to nick my images for and claim them to be there own - makes me wonder if its worth doing it next year
Old 13 Sep 2006, 07:14 (Ref:1709356)   #46
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Name and shame Andy. Better still, send them an invoice.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1709454)   #47
Alfa Fan
Veteran

I would probabily e-mail them first, and if they don't remove it and apologise to your satisfaction, bill them for the use of the images as redshoes suggested.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1709756)   #48
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
I have sent both parties (happened twice) emails, so hopefully things should be sorted...if not. Invoice coming there way (I assume they will read this )
Old 14 Sep 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1710209)   #49
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Here's the full (and corrected) details of whose joining. Only doubt is Pauls race number.

#19 Nick Leason NJL Racing with Daniels Motorsport Vauxhall Astra Coupe
#29? Paul O'Neill Techspeed Racing Vauxhall Astra Coupe
#42 Darren Dowling BTC Racing Lexus IS 200
#43 Chris Stockton BTC Racing Lexus IS 200
#79 Mark Jones Team Forward Racing Lexus IS 200

5 new entries. I really hope you get the time to update the guide andy
Old 14 Sep 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1710211)   #50
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Quote:
when is brands
Brands Hatch is the 23/24 September. So you've got 10 days if you decide to do it before the next meeting.