Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Sep 2015, 00:40 (Ref:3572820)   #551
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Didn't they run reduced weight at Ricard last weekend?
Since posting that I've read some stuff that's muddling the issue. They did apparently have updated bodywork, but I'm getting conflicting reports as to whether they were the same ones in the later test session, whether they were on all the cars, blah blah.

So yeah, unclear info that was presented as if it was something important. Let's set it aside and wait for the next thing.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 01:29 (Ref:3572837)   #552
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Since posting that I've read some stuff that's muddling the issue. They did apparently have updated bodywork, but I'm getting conflicting reports as to whether they were the same ones in the later test session, whether they were on all the cars, blah blah.

So yeah, unclear info that was presented as if it was something important. Let's set it aside and wait for the next thing.
On mwm today Graham said that the Ginetta had yet to be honologated so they can change as much as they want right now to make improvements.

He also might have said the Ligier was already homologated, making it the first official p3. Also Ligier had already sold a massive number of these, but he couldn't tell us the exact count yet.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 07:05 (Ref:3572870)   #553
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard that there has been an order for 30 ligier wiring looms. I'd say they've had a few orders.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 07:23 (Ref:3572871)   #554
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a feeling that the Ginettas will all start gathering dust with Ligiers turn up.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 07:29 (Ref:3572872)   #555
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame there's no Ginetta racing in Fuji, would have answered the performance differences quickly and easily.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 08:09 (Ref:3572876)   #556
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Shame there's no Ginetta racing in Fuji, would have answered the performance differences quickly and easily.
The competition debut of the Ligier is scheduled for Estoril, where it will compete against at least four Ginettas.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3572892)   #557
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
I've heard that there has been an order for 30 ligier wiring looms. I'd say they've had a few orders.
I've heard 16 cars - at least two going to America.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3572893)   #558
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I have a feeling that the Ginettas will all start gathering dust with Ligiers turn up.
Nah, they'll just be used for track day cars if the updates are insufficient.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3572906)   #559
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5th manufacturer

Any rumour around about the identity of the fifth LMP3 manufacturer?
Old 10 Sep 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3572911)   #560
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some more details here from DSC on the questions above.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...-customer.html

And Yvan Muller looking to set up a team too.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 16:27 (Ref:3572948)   #561
Ospi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
The competition debut of the Ligier is scheduled for Estoril, where it will compete against at least four Ginettas.
David Cheng racing will debut it at Fuji in aslms though.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3572989)   #562
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
David Cheng racing will debut it at Fuji in aslms though.
Where it will have absolutely no competition.

At this time, there are only THREE ENTRIES in the Asian Le Mans Series - 1 LMP2, 1 LMP3, and 1 GT. The GT entry hasn't even picked a manufacturer for their entry.

Can we please put this series out of it's misery already? People keep saying "oh this is the year it will take off! Just you wait and see!" and every year is worse than the one before. The only time the series got an even halfway decent field is when they allowed GT300 cars to race.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 20:27 (Ref:3572992)   #563
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Where it will have absolutely no competition.

At this time, there are only THREE ENTRIES in the Asian Le Mans Series - 1 LMP2, 1 LMP3, and 1 GT. The GT entry hasn't even picked a manufacturer for their entry.

Can we please put this series out of it's misery already? People keep saying "oh this is the year it will take off! Just you wait and see!" and every year is worse than the one before. The only time the series got an even halfway decent field is when they allowed GT300 cars to race.
The latest news I have seen said 13 full time AsLMS entries and others expected.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...ards-fuji.html

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3573004)   #564
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Asian Le Mans Series (or whatever) has it's own thread (it's somewhere buried in the pile...).
Old 10 Sep 2015, 21:18 (Ref:3573006)   #565
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Asian Le Mans Series (or whatever) has it's own thread (it's somewhere buried in the pile...).
So, good for it. LMP3 does not live in a vacuum.

L.P.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 21:22 (Ref:3574309)   #566
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Endurance Info have some nice pictures from the Adess 03 shakedown at Hockenheim. Adess really make pretty cars, I just hope that this one performs better than their previous design.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/plu...dess-03-lm-p3/
Old 17 Sep 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3574360)   #567
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Endurance Info have some nice pictures from the Adess 03 shakedown at Hockenheim. Adess really make pretty cars,...
Yes, nice car. This make the Ginetta look even more ugly than it already was.

Quote:
..., I just hope that this one performs better than their previous design.
How much of that was due to the car, and how much to that Kolles fellow?
Old 17 Sep 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3574361)   #568
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
How much of that was due to the car, and how much to that Kolles fellow?
Actually, it was probably most likely due to the third-party funding that the car was supposed to get being withdrawn midway through development. They were relying entirely on that budget for the project, so once it was gone any hope of the car being good was pretty much dead.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3574508)   #569
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Endurance Info have some nice pictures from the Adess 03 shakedown at Hockenheim. Adess really make pretty cars, I just hope that this one performs better than their previous design.

hmmm......

Hmmmmmm.......

HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

Old 18 Sep 2015, 06:56 (Ref:3574559)   #570
ModelT
Rookie

ModelT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Pontlieue;3574309]Endurance Info have some nice pictures from the Adess 03 shakedown at Hockenheim. Adess really make pretty cars, I just hope that this one performs better than their previous design.

Looking at the photos of the new Adess and the Ligier, the Ligier does look somewhat smaller? But being as the regulations are the same for everyone, perhaps this is purely a camera illusion.

That said, it would appear that both are somewhat slimmer than the Ginetta?

Was anyone at the Adess test who has also seen the Ligier live to give an opinion?
Old 18 Sep 2015, 09:14 (Ref:3574579)   #571
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelT View Post
Looking at the photos of the new Adess and the Ligier, the Ligier does look somewhat smaller? But being as the regulations are the same for everyone, perhaps this is purely a camera illusion.

That said, it would appear that both are somewhat slimmer than the Ginetta?

Was anyone at the Adess test who has also seen the Ligier live to give an opinion?
Something I notice looking at the images is that the Addess has a much flatter top to it, which actually made it look considerably wider to me.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3574584)   #572
ModelT
Rookie

Quote:
Something I notice looking at the images is that the Addess has a much flatter top to it, which actually made it look considerably wider to me.
It is difficult to really see, as I don't have a photo of both in a very similar angle. I would have thought that anyone would design it to the minimum dimensions allowed by the regulations, I think that makes sense?

The Ligier looks a purposeful car.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3574613)   #573
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mariantic has a picture of the Adess from a side view that I think makes it look pretty bulky and strangely proportioned.

http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/p3.asp
Old 18 Sep 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3574678)   #574
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelT View Post
It is difficult to really see, as I don't have a photo of both in a very similar angle. I would have thought that anyone would design it to the minimum dimensions allowed by the regulations, I think that makes sense?
The smallest possible car could have stability issues(not unlike how the increased wheelbase of the Porsche 962 made more stable in the corners than the 956). But it's ultimately up to what Addess felt works best. It's hard to tell without pictures of the cars sitting side-by-side.

Quote:
The Ligier looks a purposeful car.
I prefer the Addess.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3574839)   #575
ModelT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Mariantic has a picture of the Adess from a side view that I think makes it look pretty bulky and strangely proportioned.

http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/p3.asp
Yes, I see what you mean. To me, it looks like the front end of the car is a little stubby, with a long middle section. But this again can be purely camera angle.

We will have to wait until it's possible to see them both sside by side for a complete comparison.