Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Oct 2004, 14:39 (Ref:1125294)   #51
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dig!
Old 15 Oct 2004, 14:47 (Ref:1125296)   #52
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know!
Old 15 Oct 2004, 14:51 (Ref:1125298)   #53
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The new Ray IS out this weekend in the 1600s, in the hands of Darren Burke.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 21:57 (Ref:1125593)   #54
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going back to Dan Clarke... The entertainment value may well be high with "all or nothing" drivers but I don`t think it`s entertaining to watch rivals punted off......

Morgado IS in a works Jamun-Scholar (2001). Jamun are also running another South African, Jenny Murray, in a similar car.

If tomorrow`s races are dry expect those grids to get overturned somewhat. That said, with only 15 cars per race and still a 20 lap semi to go before the final they might just decide to have a quiet race!
Old 16 Oct 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1125883)   #55
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In that case then all Jamun Mygale runners will probably have TvR tuned Scholars. Have not spoken to Trevor lately but guessing that he brought his fellow South Africans over. Any updates Ian?
Old 16 Oct 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1125923)   #56
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Nothing happened Zetec wise yet today. M Dempsey and Wills won in FF1600.
Old 16 Oct 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1126060)   #57
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What happened to Charlie Donnelly!
Ian, thanks for your reports, keeping us who can't be there up to date. Appreciated!
Old 16 Oct 2004, 17:06 (Ref:1126072)   #58
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He spun at Druids ....but couldnt get off the grass on the inside ...it was too wet to get any traction ...He looked really fed up as he walked back .

Daniel Clarke drove a blinder ....from 5th on the grid to heat win !......
Old 16 Oct 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1126075)   #59
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
actually ...i should re phrase that ....He didnt spin , i think he had a coming together with someone ....he got on the inside of them going up Hailwoods into Druids ...but they must have turned in on him,....I was at Graham Hill Bend ...so only caught the end of it ...

Back to Clarke though ...i thought that was a very agressive drive that he done today ...probally the drive of the day ( Zetecs ) ?

Im wondering what anyones views are for his chances tomorrow ...as now he is on the front row for Semi Final tomorrow ...

Last edited by Sato san; 16 Oct 2004 at 17:15.
Old 16 Oct 2004, 18:21 (Ref:1126101)   #60
Kid Prozac
Racer

Kid Prozac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been working at brands since Thursday, so have seen most of the action. Up until yesterday evening we were reckoning on Kimball for the win, or Donnelly if it rains which it looked as though it would. But after seeing the secind heat today, we were drawn towards Dan Clarke, IF and it is a big IF, he can keep it on the track. We thought the move with Kimball was gonna end in tears, and that the JLR pit would be not a nice place later in the day.....

So he's on the front row for the semi, and if he get a lead he should keep it and then onto the final. Only the possibility of tailenders then.....

Still it could rain tommorrow, each day the drive down has been wet (3 hours to get from brands to cambridge last night, nice!) but the circuit has been relativel dry, so maybe tommorrow could finally have the heaens open, and maybe we might see soemthing special from Donnelly
Old 16 Oct 2004, 18:42 (Ref:1126110)   #61
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yer , Clarke did seem to havesome good pace there , he pulled away quite a bit once he got the lead ...as you say though ...If he can keep it all together ...

One Semi Final and the full race distance to go for the Final anything could happen , but he has got a good chance as he certainly had the speed on a dry track .

I thought Makela was pretty average today though , he didnt seem to have anything special did he ?...

Just a thought ...the track was fairly damp/wet for the morning ...as thats why Joey Foster went wide with his lunge into Graham Hill Bend .....maybe tomorrow will be simular...

anyway ...it has to rain tomorrow ...ITS THE FESTIVAL !!

wouldnt be the same if it wasnt bloody cold and damp !

( 3 hours to Cambridge ...Ouch ! )
Old 16 Oct 2004, 21:02 (Ref:1126192)   #62
Elio
Veteran

"Nothing happened Zetec wise today" !!!! WHAT!!!

First race saw Donnelly bin-it (don`t know exactly how), and Hohenthal upstage Makela. Van der Slik expires across the line but grabs fourth. Second saw a great drive (it pains me to say) by Dan Clarke and more convincing performances by Americans..... Morgado fell away as expected.

Tomorrow is very weather dependent. Makela will surely move towards the front more convincingly than today. Dan Clarke gets easier semi (avoids Makela, Hohenthal and Kimball) so should progress well. If he makes it to the Final we shall see whether he can take it to the "better" drivers from semi 2 and beat them on merit. Now that will be interesting to see.......

Oh, and the Kents; 1st heat excellent, 2nd heat dull. How about Wills bins-it in the damp tomorrow morning and Joey Foster beats the Irish hoards in a Final to upstage the Zetecs??!!
Old 16 Oct 2004, 21:39 (Ref:1126220)   #63
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I said nothing happened YET - that was at lunchtime, before the Zetecs had their heats. So ner.

And the first FF1600 heat was excellent; the second one was very good, just not AS good by comparison.
Old 16 Oct 2004, 21:47 (Ref:1126223)   #64
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
stop making me want to go to the festival tomorrow! i think i'm gonna stop reading this thread...
Old 16 Oct 2004, 22:40 (Ref:1126252)   #65
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you there tomorrow!

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 16 Oct 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1126291)   #66
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
stop making me want to go to the festival tomorrow! i think i'm gonna stop reading this thread...
I know what you mean - the fact that something interesting has happened makes me want to go. University work, though, plus a 260-mile distance between me and Brands, will keep me away.

Have to say thanks to Brands Hatch's website (www.brands-hatch.co.uk) for covering the festival, it speaks volumes for Formula Ford at the moment that the season's biggest event doesn't appear to have anyone official putting reports out, and that there's nothing even mentioning the festival on the official championship site (www.formulaford.info).

Last edited by Paul Rayner; 16 Oct 2004 at 23:05.
Old 16 Oct 2004, 23:08 (Ref:1126297)   #67
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm tipping Kimball for the win.

Just a hunch.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 00:14 (Ref:1126366)   #68
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sod it, i think i'm going to have to go.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 06:50 (Ref:1126461)   #69
Elio
Veteran

Quote:
I said nothing happened YET - that was at lunchtime, before the Zetecs had their heats. So ner.
Fair enough I suppose!
Old 17 Oct 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1126595)   #70
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't you just hate it when MST's web site is down and you're not at a race track?
Old 17 Oct 2004, 13:30 (Ref:1126651)   #71
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
don't you hate it when you could be there but you know you were too tired to do the drive?

<sigh>
Old 17 Oct 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1126678)   #72
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
This link to MST seems to work, in case anyone is still struggling:

http://www.mst-group.co.uk/meeting.a...type=brsccclub
Old 17 Oct 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1126683)   #73
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Rayner
and that there's nothing even mentioning the festival on the official championship site (www.formulaford.info).
I didn't even realise that site was still being updated...
Old 17 Oct 2004, 15:33 (Ref:1126706)   #74
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see two Finns on the finals, Valle on pole and Aki Sandberg on 5th row. Let's see how it goes, Finn drivers often had some rotten luck on Festivals.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 17 Oct 2004, 15:58 (Ref:1126724)   #75
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointed not to see Suk Sandher in the final.
My money is on Hohenthal based on that grid.