Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 May 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3906751)   #1216
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Are they physically shipping the cars from the USA to Europe (and back), or are they just using cars that already are in Europe?

Both Ford and Porsche must probably have more than just 4 cars, no?
It appears like they actually ship the cars as we have seen both the Fords this year being shipped over and have seen the Porsches in the past as well. There are probably more than 4 cars but I'm guessing the race prepped and ready cars are what the teams want and ship. There may be a spare in that kit as well but not fully equipped extra cars waiting to be used just for LM.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 29 May 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3906768)   #1217
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I guess if they do ship them over, it's cost effective. I'm sure they have plenty of spare cars back in the factory just in case they get damaged on the trip over there.
Old 1 Jun 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3907272)   #1218
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Though this is the 2019 thread, it seems that Ganassi is also unlikely to run Ford GTs in 2020, and is waiting on Ford to make a decision on DPI.
Old 1 Jun 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3907327)   #1219
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Though this is the 2019 thread, it seems that Ganassi is also unlikely to run Ford GTs in 2020, and is waiting on Ford to make a decision on DPI.
There was no chance Ganassi was going to run them after Ford said they're not supporting the team. There aren't any non-factory teams, the costs are way too high. Think we'll see Ganassi dropping out until Ford decides what they want to do and CGR can bid on the project.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 1 Jun 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3907379)   #1220
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
There was no chance Ganassi was going to run them after Ford said they're not supporting the team. There aren't any non-factory teams, the costs are way too high. Think we'll see Ganassi dropping out until Ford decides what they want to do and CGR can bid on the project.
That shows that these cars are too expensive.
Old 1 Jun 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3907384)   #1221
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not thinking that GTE cars are too expensive in and of themselves, but it's a question of factory support most likely. Ford has said that they'll support any private entry, but what do they mean by that? To the level that Porsche and Ferrari support private entries, and like what AMR are prepared to do when the new Vantage goes up for sale following LM? Or will it be like Nissan are doing in DPI in IMSA, which is hardly anything as far as true factory support?
Old 1 Jun 2019, 22:33 (Ref:3907425)   #1222
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Likely they would provide spares as needed, not free but have Multimatic make you parts, and assist them with an engineer. But other than that you're probably on your own.

Last edited by broadrun96; 1 Jun 2019 at 22:45.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 05:19 (Ref:3907454)   #1223
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!
That is disappointing. If chip ganassi can't afford it, it probably isn't affordable. If we lose the fords and no new cars come in, a 6 car class starts to look weak. Either need to get these makes all in gtd in preparation for that becoming top class, or find a way to make it affordable.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3912863)   #1224
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Looks like Risi is at their usual, will return for Petit and possibly other races at the end of the season as cash allows.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3912866)   #1225
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Looks like Risi is at their usual, will return for Petit and possibly other races at the end of the season as cash allows.
I kinda thought Le Man's was going to be the teams final race, so returning for Petit would be great.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3912960)   #1226
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I kinda thought Le Man's was going to be the teams final race, so returning for Petit would be great.
Indeed, would be nice if they can sneak in VIR too. But yeah, Ford leaving is going to leave a hole in GTLM just as big as GTE Pro in WEC. IMSA needs to make GTD very appealing to people next year. What can they do?
Old 21 Jun 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3913302)   #1227
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Indeed, would be nice if they can sneak in VIR too. But yeah, Ford leaving is going to leave a hole in GTLM just as big as GTE Pro in WEC. IMSA needs to make GTD very appealing to people next year. What can they do?
Lower the manufacturer fees could get a few more cats in gtd. Other than that, can't help the gte grid. Risi is the only private team in North America.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3913343)   #1228
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lower the manufacturer fees could get a few more cats in gtd. Other than that, can't help the gte grid. Risi is the only private team in North America.

I think it would indeed help bring in Aston Martin and Bentley maybe and keep others who might not see the point of the manufacturer fee if they have just 1 car running full time in the series like Mercedes and Ferrari. Got to see how operating costs can go down too. Hopefully these EVO kits are helping out. Seems like its there to help reliability and increase east of maintenance. Mercedes is coming with one next year.

Would be awesome if we can entice some GT teams away from Blancpain GT America which to be honest I am not impressed with and I am a big GT fan. I find Euro based series like ADAC GT Masters and International GT Open far more interesting. The 90 minute race format is rather "eh".
Old 21 Jun 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3913370)   #1229
MaskedRacer
Veteran

From the S365 Nurburgring notebook:

"Sportscar365 understands that the formerly MTEK-run BMW M8 GTE chassis and associated parts will be shipped to America to assist with the manufacturerís IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship effort with Team RLL."

How about that. For R.L.L. that is a major upgrade in car and supply parts. I feel Daytona won't be their last win in 2019. But I don't pick them for the Glen either. I got a good feeling that Chevy or Ford takes the 6 hour this year. Neither has won yet in 2019.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3913372)   #1230
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I would love to see more cats in any form of motor racing. I've seen some of the crazy stuff my cat does on a regular basis, I can only imagine how much carnage she could cause behind the wheel.