Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Aug 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3845248)   #46
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
He doesn't and won't need one. Where is this bullshit coming from? He had a UK passport when he bought the place.

Peter, he probably won't require one.

However, the bullshit comes about because of the number of UK citizens who have been applying to EU member states for passports based on their family history, This also apples to a number of fairly well known people.

And this concern about the ramifications of the impending Brexit is also being stoked up by the growing number of companies who are setting up new headquarters in other EU states. And this includes a number of the leading lights behind the big push for a no-deal exit, such as the multi-millionaire Jacob Rees Mogg, MP, who recently opened a new headquarters in Dublin for his investment firm. The irony is that all the business transacted through the Dublin office will be subject to all EU legislation.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 17:49 (Ref:3845251)   #47
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Attachment 51789 Come on down and join me Delta
Well, you’ve obviously got the beer- If you can guarantee pizza and steak being freely available as well, then that’s all the boxes ticked......
Old 21 Aug 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3845255)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike. I've got colleagues whose first time in Ireland was when They applied for the passport.

Not concerned whether people want to set up businesses in EU states or not. That's a business decision and they can do what they like.

The problem arises when people start twinning about not being able to travel when they either never worked in a EU country and are worried about their holidays, or the are ignorant of the treatment professional foreigners receive when working in a EU state. Believe me the French and the Dutch can be brutal.

That said when Brexit finally happens as personally I hope it does, then life will surprisingly go on pretty much as it is now.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3845288)   #49
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, you’ve obviously got the beer- If you can guarantee pizza and steak being freely available as well, then that’s all the boxes ticked......
Yes I can guarantee all three, also you can get a Spanish "kwossant"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Aug 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3845292)   #50
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
One subject that has been questioned is the UK driving licence, which each have a blue EU symbol in the top left corner that currently enables Britons to drive freely within the EU and European Economic Area (EEA), but all this will change after Brexit.
All licences will eventually have to be replaced to remove the EU symbol and likely, the privileges attached to it.
Also I only renewed my passport the other week so probably a load more aggro and expense !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Aug 2018, 00:35 (Ref:3845303)   #51
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
One subject that has been questioned is the UK driving licence, which each have a blue EU symbol in the top left corner that currently enables Britons to drive freely within the EU and European Economic Area (EEA), but all this will change after Brexit.
All licences will eventually have to be replaced to remove the EU symbol and likely, the privileges attached to it.
Also I only renewed my passport the other week so probably a load more aggro and expense !
under the old, pre-EU agreement all that was required was to carry a translation of the driving licence in several European languages. Or you could get an International licence from the AA for a fiver IIRC. Hardly rocket science. I suspect this agreement still exists under the UN umbrella.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3845323)   #52
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My starting of this thread was not a vent or a need to show any political stance but a genuine attempt to ask what the near future holds for our pretty trivial place in the great scheme of things.
Now consider if you are someone with a real, important job, a farmer say, they must be really concerned.
Whatever the rights or wrongs, whatever the upside or the downside what really really worries me is that in March things are going to change and no one that I have talked to (and certainly none of the bobble heads we see and hear from in the media) appear to have any clue as to how those instantaneous changes are going to affect us. What was happening before we joined the EU was the culmination of many many years of experience, we are about to enact change literally, it would appear, overnight.
My immediate concern is, hardly surprisingly, about me, my sport, my business and my employees.
And in the great scheme of things we really don't amount to a hill of beans.
Just saying.

Last edited by Simon Hadfield; 22 Aug 2018 at 06:50.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 06:45 (Ref:3845326)   #53
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
TMy starting of this thread was not a
Losing the will to finish things off Simon?
Old 22 Aug 2018, 06:46 (Ref:3845327)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon, I think you were expressing a concern that the political leaders are not exactly demonstrating an understanding of the issues. And if so, I agree.

Trouble is the arguments for and against have become the driving force, whereas if we had all accepted the result then it would just be a case of getting on with it.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 07:25 (Ref:3845331)   #55
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No I'm not! Sod the f*****g politicians of all and every bent, all I want is that the body that represents me and my sport to tell me, and every other licence holder, what they know, what the current state of play is and how they see the likely developments over the next couple of years.
Or in fact any competent adult would do.

This is probably why they ask for an ECG, in case something explodes!
Old 22 Aug 2018, 07:48 (Ref:3845334)   #56
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The truth of the matter is they don’t know and neither do the people who are supposed to be sorting it out. As part of my day job I attended a meeting with a member of the steering committee who are advising the Govt a couple of months ago in the vain hope that I could glean some practical info as to what is going to happen in March and beyond. All that we were told was that it was clearly set out in the PM’s Mansion House (?) Speech, which must have passed me by ???

Must be why multinationals have relocation plans, Formula E have an emergency evacuation plan in place & can relocate to Europe in 24 hours if necessary.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3845351)   #57
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I have said this is all to heavy going for me. Has anyone asked the MSA the question.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3845369)   #58
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the answer is that nobody will know how things are likely to develop and the 2 year "exit" period after making the formal application was never intended to used. It was, in effect, a an unrealistic expectation that allowed an apparent option to depart but was never expected to be used - other than as a factor in people deciding it was not enough time and so it would be better to stay.

So in the end everything comes down to how "reasonable" the various parties can be during what will be a transition period whether that is how it is officially described and named or not. At least at the political and bureaucratic level.

At the legal level reasonableness may not be something one can rely upon.

I can't image that any of the bodies of authority in motor sport could possibly provide any sort of authoritative guidance in that respect other than any legal requirements that are specific to motor sport in a specific country are likely to remain as they are providing no legal precedent is undone by the process.

Sadly being in that position helps no one to make decisions with predictable outcomes at this time. Or at least that's how it seems to me.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 12:50 (Ref:3845374)   #59
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
That’s pretty much the picture as I see it Grant!
Old 22 Aug 2018, 13:04 (Ref:3845376)   #60
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
I think that as far as the FIA is concerned it's pretty simple. If you're not a member of the EU you can only take part in registered International events in other countries. They never wanted the National A/NEAFP route in the first place, it was foisted upon them by the EU.

I don't know the situation of events organised by UK Clubs overseas, but I'm pretty sure there are some e.g. kart clubs run by the RAF that organise "closed to club" MSA races in foreign climes. So there should be nothing legally stopping a UK organiser setting up races for UK licence Clubman/Nat B/NAT A holders, they just can't bring along any European drivers to bolster numbers. Whether that remains financially viable is yet to be seen.

That's my understanding, I may be wrong.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk