Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3301714)   #226
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That surprises me - I'd listen to the current whiny engines to put me to sleep. I could listen to a DFV all night and still have a smile on my face and don't get me started on the Honda....
Old 10 Sep 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3301739)   #227
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't explain it myself, just works...
Makes you wonder what effect the new V6 engines or Formula E might have on people and their their motivation to watch races.

Sorry, I'm going way off topic here
Old 10 Sep 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3301744)   #228
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it possible to go off-topic with this topic......?
Old 10 Sep 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3301757)   #229
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess not
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3389255)   #230
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You go side-by-side with a stranger down the pavement, maintain roughly the same pace as each other and believe that the moment has shades of Senna and Mansell in Catalunya.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3389295)   #231
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
You go side-by-side with a stranger down the pavement, maintain roughly the same pace as each other and believe that the moment has shades of Senna and Mansell in Catalunya.

...wearing steel-soled boots to replicate the sparks.......
Old 6 Apr 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3389297)   #232
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The joys of a negotiating a busy High Street on foot. Planning an overtake near Next that you won't complete until you're past Boots.

I would say that shows signs of needing to get out more, but perhaps not on a Saturday afternoon.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 16:35 (Ref:3389815)   #233
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you call 'shotgun' for the front passenger seat and someone else takes it - you complain about Multi 21 all journey.

When you're driving and someone takes the front passenger seat despite it being called, you shush the person now in the back by telling them "He just wanted it more."
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3389862)   #234
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

When you're having a bad time of it and go in a taxi and you start to believe it's like Formula 1 driving.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3389894)   #235
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You give a race a '10' for the first time........
Old 8 Apr 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3390152)   #236
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Yep, I think it was my first 10.
Old 7 Apr 2022, 15:29 (Ref:4105696)   #237
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
While having a look back through old threads to try and find out the fans' opinions on certain events at the time (which possibly could be used as an example for the topic), I stumbled across this brilliant thread, and decided it was worth a revival. I got 18/42.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Just a bit of fun, mostly nicked from elsewhere. I've added some of my own.

You know you’re obsessed with Formula 1 when:

• You take the racing line under any circumstances, such as walking up a staircase.
And most of the time not even consciously

• After winning a game of tennis, the Vettel index finger is now a part of your celebration.
Not for a while but I definitely remember doing it in 2011

• You make massive amounts of pointless spreadsheets to store stats that are readily accessible on the internet.
So many hours 'wasted'

• You try to replicate a real-life situation on an F1 video game.
On the old games you could choose the grid so I did this all the time, but now it's more noting that situations on the game are just like those from real life

• You talk through laps on F1 2010 like you're Martin Brundle explaining it to the world.

• You know that rallying driving style is better for a shopping trolley than Formula 1 driving style.
I had never thought of this before reading it here but I suppose it's obvious

• You hear ‘Red Bull’ and the first thing that comes to your mind is the racing team, not the energy drink brand.
I suspect we'll all get this point

• You joke about deploying DRS when trying to overtake on the dual carriageway.

• You are walking behind someone, you wait until the last millisecond to cut either to the left, or the right, and then try to overtake them.
Again, usually not even consciously

• You watch old YouTube clips of F1 and you know exactly what Murray Walker is going to say and how he says it.

• A friend starts discussing where they want to go on holiday and you start prattling on about the tracks the country has.

• On a night out, when you're asked if you want another glass of wine you start rambling on about Jarno Trulli.
This has actually happened!

• You use F1 situations as metaphors. In my not-so-wise moments, when a friend has needed advice I have compared it to Suzuka 1990, Senna VS Prost.
Of course

• Your dad gets a haircut, and the first thing you say is "You look like Christian Horner”.
Not this exact example

• Any time you hear other people talking about F1 and getting their facts wrong you get consumed by an intolerable rage.
And it happens so much more often nowadays

• You were used as entertainment by your parents when you were young by having to recite all the world champions in order during dinner parties.
I could do this when I was eight so have definitely been used as entertainment at dinner parties

• You hear the German national anthem and you instinctively expect the Italian one to follow.
No, but when hearing the British national anthem I instinctively expect the German one to follow

• You take the racing line for walking and get annoyed when somebody gets in the way, so much so that you consider reporting them to the FIA.
Old 7 Apr 2022, 18:09 (Ref:4105714)   #238
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

That's weird you brought this one up BTCC frog, but it had occurred to me to revive it the other day when I noticed something:

When I saw myself putting headphones in on Zoom the other day, it reminded me of an F1 driver putting their earplugs in.
Old 7 Apr 2022, 19:21 (Ref:4105721)   #239
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
A friend starts discussing where they want to go on holiday and you start prattling on about the tracks the country has.
I do this ALL the time.
Old 8 Apr 2022, 18:39 (Ref:4105865)   #240
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

- After it's been raining a while or stopped raining a while, you observe the road and wonder if you're at the crossover point between slicks, inters or wets.

- You don't respond to people with 'got it' or 'right', but prefer 'understood'.

- When you taxi onto the runway on a flight, it feels like the formation lap of a Grand Prix.
Old 8 Apr 2022, 22:23 (Ref:4105890)   #241
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
- You pass that car in front (on either side) as soon as there's a car's width + 1mm.

- You want to call a friend to tell them that the slowpoke in front is impeding and needs blue flags.

- You hunker down in the seat and focus when you flip your steering wheel switch to "party mode"