Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3396653)   #26
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
# Car teams third car driver has to be 45+
Are you saying that people over 45 are incapable of driving an F1 car?

I've been in races with 65 years old who kicked my arse.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3397509)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Are you saying that people over 45 are incapable of driving an F1 car?

I've been in races with 65 years old who kicked my arse.
Not at all James!
Given it is a masters series, I thought there would have to be an age cut off somewhere!

I was merely suggesting that number because most of this forum suggested that Schumacher was too old for F1.

His pole time at Monaco would seem to suggest otherwise!

Another random and interesting hurdle would be the safety of the older cars. Willing to bet if you brought back late 60s copy F5000 cars (with safety updates) with wide tyres and very little downforce, the series would be more watched than F1!

P.S. The older guys TEND to do less totally brain dead and stupid things than the youngsters!

Last edited by wnut; 24 Apr 2014 at 00:22.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3397712)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's the point, there's already an Historic F1 series or has senility really begun to set in and Bernie's forgotten about it?
Old 24 Apr 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3397857)   #29
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What's the point, there's already an Historic F1 series or has senility really begun to set in and Bernie's forgotten about it?
You already know the answer to that question. Think!

Bernie doesn't own it or control it!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 05:06 (Ref:3397982)   #30
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatanut View Post

Same reason you have to shed classic circuits and go anywhere there isn't an existing GP circuit!

Last edited by wnut; 25 Apr 2014 at 05:14.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3398136)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Don't tell me he wants more money?

Old 25 Apr 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3398265)   #32
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Don't tell me he wants more money?

Even his daughters can't spend all the money he has, so I would think it's about ego at this point.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3398275)   #33
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Even his daughters can't spend all the money he has, so I would think it's about ego at this point.
I wonder how long all that money would last if they owned and financed an F1 team?
Old 26 Apr 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3398478)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
When has it never been about his ego?
Old 26 Apr 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3398480)   #35
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As more or less everyone has said... it's a silly idea... and I'm sure Bernie knows that too. He's just being mischievous as usual and we're the fools wasting our time discussing it