Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2019, 00:01 (Ref:3895357)   #151
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Max might provide spectator entertainment with Leclerc but hasn't Ferrari become the kiss of death? Alonso couldn't deliver, though he came close to winning the WDC twice and likewise, Vettel's been the bride's maid twice since he joined the Scuderia.
IMHO, the next Ferrari WDC will come from someone who takes their first WDC in a Ferrari. That might be Leclerc, or A.N.Other. I don't see someone who already has a WDC to their name moving there and getting success.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 00:26 (Ref:3895358)   #152
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
IMHO, the next Ferrari WDC will come from someone who takes their first WDC in a Ferrari. That might be Leclerc, or A.N.Other. I don't see someone who already has a WDC to their name moving there and getting success.
Interesting, so why do you say that?
Old 5 Apr 2019, 04:05 (Ref:3895370)   #153
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Whole lot of interesting things in here.

Leclerc seems so smooth. So much better than any other up and comer right now other than max. Gasly has looked.... Well, ghastly... I'll see myself out now....

For real, Gasly seemed to have a bit of a hothead streak last year, like verstappen, but without the level of talent.

It's hard watching Vettel crack under pressure so much. And I guess I'm the one not impressed with binotto so far. (Was rolling with the spaghetti jokes, btw). His post race interview sounded clueless. Nothing like Toto Wolff, who he is in direct competition with.

I don't know if Ferrari will favor Leclerc this year, I kinda doubt it, but by next year, I could see it. I could also see Vettel getting spooked like he did with ricciardo.

Hulkenburg is really showing that he is a top flight talent by beating yet another teammate, and a really good one, at that. I think ricciardo has lost his shot at ever getting a championship drive. He isnt much younger than Vettel or Hamilton, and with Leclerc, verstappen and ocon taking 3 of the top 6 seats soon enough, and Hamilton and Vettel still having a few years left, his shot is fading by.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 06:15 (Ref:3895395)   #154
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Interesting, so why do you say that?
I think it comes down to a mentality of approach, both of drivers and the team.

A driver with a WDC already has proven their ability. Ferrari seem to look at them as being able to drop in and get results. The driver appears to go to the team with expectations of further success, but Ferrari is a different environment to anywhere else on the grid.

If a driver does not have a WDC, they have still room to develop. Doing that in the team allows the team and driver to progress together towards their common goals, and could foster a greater sense of belonging and being an integral part of the team, not a hired success wagon.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3895423)   #155
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Driving for Ferrari is a big pressure, as you have the whole of Italy watching you. It's like no other team
Old 5 Apr 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3895443)   #156
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Max might provide spectator entertainment with Leclerc but hasn't Ferrari become the kiss of death? Alonso couldn't deliver, though he came close to winning the WDC twice and likewise, Vettel's been the bride's maid twice since he joined the Scuderia.
To be fair, in the current technical era 9 out of the 10 teams have not won a single WDC between them. Ferrari are the only one of the 9 to even come close.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3895444)   #157
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Driving for Ferrari is a big pressure, as you have the whole of Italy watching you. It's like no other team
Having lived in Italy for a few years, I can agree with the first and last part of your statement - but the whole of Italy is not watching. The desire to see success for the elitist north is not shared widely in Campania and further south.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3895544)   #158
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't really matter how good of a driver you are. If you are not in a winning car you are not going to win. It has been this way for a long long time. Too bad the field of winning teams is so narrow. So there is pressure when a driver is in a winning car. That driver is expected to win.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 5 Apr 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3895553)   #159
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Hulkenburg is really showing that he is a top flight talent by beating yet another teammate, and a really good one, at that. I think ricciardo has lost his shot at ever getting a championship drive. He isnt much younger than Vettel or Hamilton, and with Leclerc, verstappen and ocon taking 3 of the top 6 seats soon enough, and Hamilton and Vettel still having a few years left, his shot is fading by.
I think many people underestimated the weight penalty Hulkenberg had before 2019.