Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Dec 2002, 09:21 (Ref:441632)   #26
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
of course he wasn't - Mel C hasn't really been mentioned on any of the programs - but what has been mentioned is the fact EVERYONE likes him. It's that display at Oulton Park is what he will be remembered for not his sister.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 18:51 (Ref:442014)   #27
Erdosfreak
Rookie

Erdosfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul O'Neill has talent. I think its a similar case to Gavin Pyper it needs to develop. He had a good car yes, but Vauxhall was more unreliable this year. He did finish in the top 10 aswell.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 22:10 (Ref:442152)   #28
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thing is Gavin did it on pure talent, and O'Neill is the first to admit he didn't.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 12:08 (Ref:442478)   #29
Paul O'Neill
Rookie

Paul O'Neill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for the back up guys.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 16:52 (Ref:442665)   #30
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good to see you on the forum Paul, any news on where you'll be driving next year, seeing as Egg have pulled out? Good luck!

btw the comment I made above doesn't mean I don't think that your worthy of your drive. You are oen of the most exciting drivers in the series, and probabily the most emotional, which is all the better for you as it shows you really appriecate the chance you've been given!

Last edited by Alfa Fan; 4 Dec 2002 at 16:56.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 17:04 (Ref:442675)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Is that what is known as backtracking, Alfa Fan ? haha
Old 4 Dec 2002, 17:16 (Ref:442685)   #32
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol! Deny it...
Old 12 Jul 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3836307)   #33
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Marsh
Old 12 Jul 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3836321)   #34
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!
Old 12 Jul 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3836322)   #35
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow... we've had some contenders since then!
Old 12 Jul 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3836334)   #36
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshiain View Post
You took the words from my mouth!
Old 12 Jul 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3836338)   #37
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
'Those who can , do, those who can't criticise . ' What a toxic little thread.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3836376)   #38
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
'Those who can , do, those who can't criticise . ' What a toxic little thread.
Different times back in 2002, not everyone who takes part got a trophy.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3836388)   #39
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshiain View Post
Thanks, I unearthed this sometime ago and there is a similar thread on on the F1/GP Rejects Forum, there's been plenty of contenders since 2002.

I mentioned Richard Marsh since he never scored except in the Production Class despite competing on and off from 2003-07.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3836389)   #40
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed, very different back then. I remember poor Hyla Breese copping for knackered old engine after knackered old engine and IIRC finishing the year on negative points. A long way for the then young man to come to run a knackered Honda. Great shame he didn't stick around.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3836392)   #41
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I remember poor Hyla Breese copping for knackered old engine after knackered old engine and IIRC finishing the year on negative points.
Points-wise I think Dan Welch holds the record with -40 in 2014 from various engine related penalties! Far from the worst driver though, of course!
Old 12 Jul 2018, 22:19 (Ref:3836400)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t think we really realised how bad Marsh was till that season in the Alfa. Pinkney sometimes got it in the points, but Marsh did nothing with it all season.

I mentioned on another chat, Hariuman never seemed to get it together in the Proton
Old 12 Jul 2018, 22:31 (Ref:3836402)   #43
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets put a modern twist on this. last 5 years... Im saying Stewart Lines, Alex Martin and Andy Neate have to be up there
Old 12 Jul 2018, 23:18 (Ref:3836406)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lines didn’t do much, apart from last season Brands in the wet. Martin was terrible. Occasionally had the speed, but seemed to have at least one incident throughout the weekend. Neate, he showed speed a number of times, remember him qualifying P3 at Oulton? Just seemed to make too many mistakes under pressure
Old 13 Jul 2018, 03:00 (Ref:3836422)   #45
thesmackdown
Rookie

thesmackdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Howard?
Old 13 Jul 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3836447)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, Mark Howard never looked like getting it together and seemingly tended to have more than a few incidents. Not even flashes of pace, he always seemed to be at the back
Old 13 Jul 2018, 10:08 (Ref:3836458)   #47
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yeah, let's all sit at our keyboards and diss the people who put together sponsorship or paid out of their own pocket to actually go out and have a go at very competitive national championship.

Not everyone can be Andy Rouse.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 10:29 (Ref:3836460)   #48
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Yeah, let's all sit at our keyboards and diss the people who put together sponsorship or paid out of their own pocket to actually go out and have a go at very competitive national championship.

Not everyone can be Andy Rouse.
F1/GP Rejects did that to F1 Drivers and still does.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3836463)   #49
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
F1/GP Rejects did that to F1 Drivers and still does.
Just because it happens, doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Struggling to see the appeal of being negative in regards to a championship where most (if not all) of the drivers have to find the funds for their seat?

If they were getting paid to drive, then it might be different matter. BTCC is not F1.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3836466)   #50
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with the sentiment; taking aim at those who tried and ultimately failed isn't a good or nice thing.

If a man has an ambition or dream to drive a racecar and they can fund it - or better still get someone else to fund it - then why wouldn't you give it a go?

I would - even knowing I'd be at the back fending the medical car off. I'd probably stand a chance against the old Donington Jag converted into a mini fire engine! 😀