Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:54 (Ref:895554)   #26
devil racer nz
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington, New Zealand
devil racer nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Montoya 3rd or is it Jenson?

Last edited by devil racer nz; 6 Mar 2004 at 04:56.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:55 (Ref:895557)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Montoya.
It seems the rule has changed from last year. The guy faster in part 1 gets it. A similar thing applies to all those who didn't set a time - Panis gets the highest spot because he was quickest in part 1.

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Mar 2004 at 04:57.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:56 (Ref:895558)   #28
Saloon56
Rookie

Saloon56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how good is Webber ....
Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:58 (Ref:895559)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
.... good enough for 6th.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:58 (Ref:895560)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that Adam. My spreadsheet doesn't cope with that. I'll change it.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 04:59 (Ref:895562)   #31
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate you mclaren. Seriously, either get up to scratch with your bloody times, or you have lost a supporter. I mean how the hell can you do so damn poorly with such a developed car? You damn better make me feel proud to wave the mac's flag next race.

I may be very mad at how bad mclaren are doing, but I still love ya Kimi! But arg!

*goes to drink his sorrows away*

Last edited by SetikX; 6 Mar 2004 at 05:01.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 05:04 (Ref:895564)   #32
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Qualifier of the day......... Jenson Button!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 05:05 (Ref:895565)   #33
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Party time
Attached Images

Old 6 Mar 2004, 05:05 (Ref:895566)   #34
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
AGREED
Old 6 Mar 2004, 05:15 (Ref:895567)   #35
Ying Yang
Rookie

Australia
Barwon Heads
Ying Yang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would have to say that the qualifying by the McLaren team was pretty darn appalling. They weren't even within a sniff of the Ferrari team.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 06:34 (Ref:895575)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Definitely. Its early days but let's hope this is the start of a good season for him.

Team Willy seems to be making a start like last year. Although Ralf is further up the grid than last time here. Was it me, or did he have a massive amount of understeer?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 07:25 (Ref:895588)   #37
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Point #1 on quali: BAR always seem to qualify well in Oz and promise much for the season, so don't count your chickens...yet

Point #2: McLaren were equally off the pace in 03, yet they finished 1st and 3rd, so I repeat, don't count your chickens....
Old 6 Mar 2004, 07:29 (Ref:895590)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er,

These chickens. Do they come as a matching set so that you don't have to count them? And is there a special crossing point on the circuit for them?

Sorry, I've been up since 04:30 this morning.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 08:00 (Ref:895604)   #39
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Point #2: McLaren were equally off the pace in 03, yet they finished 1st and 3rd, so I repeat, don't count your chickens....

God Bless you my son. Let the light of God Bless your heart. Hope is precious thing, keep it! Thrive in it. This McLaren supporter is going to resign his mclaren ties soon, I feel faint.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 08:31 (Ref:895617)   #40
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For comparison purposes (not that it means anything) :

2004 final qualifying:
1 Michael Schumacher 1m24.408
2 Rubens Barrichello +0.074
3 Juan Pablo Montoya +0.580
4 Jenson Button +0.580

2003 final qualifying:
1 Michael Schumacher 1m27.173
2 Rubens Barrichello +0.245
3 Juan Pablo Montoya +0.928
4 Heinz-Harald Frentzen +1.101

Make of it what you will...
Old 6 Mar 2004, 08:34 (Ref:895618)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The top four are closer than last year?

Interesting that with the new engine and qualifying rules they've gone so much faster!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 08:56 (Ref:895632)   #42
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SetikX
I hate you mclaren. Seriously, either get up to scratch with your bloody times, or you have lost a supporter. I mean how the hell can you do so damn poorly with such a developed car? You damn better make me feel proud to wave the mac's flag next race.

I may be very mad at how bad mclaren are doing, but I still love ya Kimi! But arg!

*goes to drink his sorrows away*

Agreed, times one million.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 09:19 (Ref:895641)   #43
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Saloon56
how good is Webber ....
that's very hard to tell, he never had an experienced teammate.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 09:34 (Ref:895649)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I for one am very worried about the apparent pace of the Ferraris.
Lets hope Maylasia doesn't bring the same form.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 10:56 (Ref:895711)   #45
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
that's very hard to tell, he never had an experienced teammate.
Forget the teammate, look at the resources he is up against.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 10:58 (Ref:895714)   #46
Mattracer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Wow,

They seem to have the BAR's up to speed. Early days but P3 for Button is a vast improvement.
Vast improvement now they have some dosh after JV.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 11:05 (Ref:895727)   #47
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hadn't noticed that Button and Montoya set identical times. The rule change clearly makes sense, as the guy who was faster in the first session gets the time.

Kimi's lap was clearly affected a little by the debris DC left on the track (good teamwork there....); without that I think he'd've been on a similar pce to Mark and Ralf, which is about what McLaren look capable of. They might've ran comparatively heavy, for 2 stops, but it's still not a great omen. Their lower grid positions last season weren't purely down to pace either.

Appalling luck for the 3 guys who didn't set a lap, especially Klien who could've been midfield considering Webber's time and their 1-second gap previously.

Ferrari have now swept the front row here 3 years in a row, but it doesn't neccessarily mean they'll dominate. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 11:15 (Ref:895745)   #48
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
Forget the teammate, look at the resources he is up against.
maybe Webber is'nt that good but the Jaguar is the best car out there
Old 6 Mar 2004, 11:27 (Ref:895768)   #49
Mattracer
Veteran

OK

If you say so

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 6 Mar 2004, 11:34 (Ref:895778)   #50
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Steve,

Your just jealous that we Aussies have a great driver in a top team, and you couldn't even get a pay driver in a bottom team (I'm talking about Jos "the boss" if you hadn't worked it out)