Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think should get it?
Williams 0 0%
Aston Martin 1 3.85%
Haas 14 53.85%
Alfa Romeo 1 3.85%
Ferrari 7 26.92%
Red Bull 1 3.85%
Mercedes 2 7.69%
AlphaTauri 0 0%
McLaren 0 0%
Alpine 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jul 2022, 09:00 (Ref:4117882)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: British Grand Prix 2022

Who do you think should get it?
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4117970)   #2
TuteZaek
Racer

TuteZaek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin::Points and almost points coming from the back on that POS Is a good team result

Last edited by TuteZaek; 3 Jul 2022 at 16:56.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:55 (Ref:4117978)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alfa Romeo Sauber for building Mr Zhao a bloody strong roll hoop, and stronger halo!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:02 (Ref:4117982)   #4
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Haas! Two cars in the top 10 - didn't see any mistakes from the car or team.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4117994)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red Bull. Perez on the podium in second, from last on the grid and literally good damage limitation regarding Verstappen's car.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4117996)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
haas gets my vote this time 2 in the points and great performance from mick
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:05 (Ref:4118010)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Should have been Ferrari really but leaving Charlie out on his oldish hards was fairly daft. I think I'll give this one to Haas as well.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4118078)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Mercedes for having the most improved car. Could have alternatively voted Haas for their great result, or indeed Ferrari for the race win.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 22:01 (Ref:4118086)   #9
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Should have been Ferrari really but leaving Charlie out on his oldish hards was fairly daft. I think I'll give this one to Haas as well.
I don't think Ferrari had a choice. If they had stacked both cars, Hamilton would have stayed out and got track position. And his tyres were much newer just before the safety car.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 22:02 (Ref:4118087)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I ran my finger down the list and found a reason for not voting for every team there. So I didn't vote.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 04:30 (Ref:4118110)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has been a long time coming, Haas.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4118133)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Haas - on this occasion they looked like ****ing rock stars rather than ****ing ******s.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 09:03 (Ref:4118139)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has to be Haas.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4118155)   #14
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can someone add the Turn 1 marshals team ??
Old 4 Jul 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4118160)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Good shout! And the medics too.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 13:36 (Ref:4118197)   #16
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Yeah, this is a really great post. Without the marshals, there would be no race, and the marshals and the medics was the most important teams in this race.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 14:34 (Ref:4118208)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well they would have got 100% of the votes i think, they did an amazing job
Old 4 Jul 2022, 18:40 (Ref:4118247)   #18
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So team of the day. I have two ones for this one.

You can not ignore Ferrari in this race. Confession time. I HATE Ferrari. I was never a fan, and couldn't really grasp why so many people thought they was the best thing about Formula1. But, that's not it. The reason my feelings started to burn hot was the shenanigans with Bernie, secret deals with extra money and the way they acted during the Schumacher/Barrichello era. That total disregard for sporting behaviour and self centred arrogance drove me nuts.

Now, look at how Ferrari treated Vettel. Sure, he had lost his way, but the way they handled that once again made me see red. Yeah, I know that could be considered a pun. I just was angry.

So, lately when people have asked Binotto about Leclerc and Sainz, he has been very consistent about praising Sainz, even when he has declared Leclerc as the crown prince.

When they asked Sainz to do faster lap or let Leclerc by, he tried and then let Leclerc pass. But they did not just tell him to move over. In the end when they sent some half cooked stupid idea (regardless of fairness, their strategy game has not been great this year) about having Sainz back up cars that clearly would be all over him, he argued his case and did not do what would have made sure both Ferraris had dropped off the podium.

I like Carlos. I think he has brought something to that team. He is not just there because a naive admiration for the cars in red. He wants to contribute and not as a wingman. I don't think they knew what they got, or how good he could be.

Today Ferrari let their drivers fight, and did let the guy who had the best shot at winning do the winning, not some stupid coporate bullsh*it or favouritism. Leclerc clearly wanted that. Maybe it would even have made sense from a strategic point of view. He clearly feel they have let him down. I think they might actually have redeemed themselves as a team. A moral act, if not the most optimal one for getting the most points.

I am not arguing a point here, but mostly rambling about my feelings. But, it will need a longer time for me to forget Ferrari in 2002, but today I think the right driver won.

So, if that's not enough to vote for them as the team of the day, it will be Mercedes, for dragging their non functional car into contention for a win. A massive team effort. Great stuff. Mercedes gets my vote today.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 18:46 (Ref:4118248)   #19
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
I felt a big feeling of despair for McLaren today. They are potentially loosing millions of dollars if they let themselves slip down in the championship, below Alpine. Last year Ricciardo cost them third place, simply put. This year they desperately need to cling on to fourth, and not only are their pit stops slow and confused, Ricciardo is once again out of the points, and they let Alonso slip past them. Norris is absoluely fantastic, and not loosing out to a legend like Alonso takes some extra effort, and he did a good job. But, this is a team that really need this season to end soon.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 10:56 (Ref:4118301)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
So team of the day. I have two ones for this one.

You can not ignore Ferrari in this race. Confession time. I HATE Ferrari. I was never a fan, and couldn't really grasp why so many people thought they was the best thing about Formula1. But, that's not it. The reason my feelings started to burn hot was the shenanigans with Bernie, secret deals with extra money and the way they acted during the Schumacher/Barrichello era. That total disregard for sporting behaviour and self centred arrogance drove me nuts.

Now, look at how Ferrari treated Vettel. Sure, he had lost his way, but the way they handled that once again made me see red. Yeah, I know that could be considered a pun. I just was angry.

So, lately when people have asked Binotto about Leclerc and Sainz, he has been very consistent about praising Sainz, even when he has declared Leclerc as the crown prince.

When they asked Sainz to do faster lap or let Leclerc by, he tried and then let Leclerc pass. But they did not just tell him to move over. In the end when they sent some half cooked stupid idea (regardless of fairness, their strategy game has not been great this year) about having Sainz back up cars that clearly would be all over him, he argued his case and did not do what would have made sure both Ferraris had dropped off the podium.

I like Carlos. I think he has brought something to that team. He is not just there because a naive admiration for the cars in red. He wants to contribute and not as a wingman. I don't think they knew what they got, or how good he could be.

Today Ferrari let their drivers fight, and did let the guy who had the best shot at winning do the winning, not some stupid coporate bullsh*it or favouritism. Leclerc clearly wanted that. Maybe it would even have made sense from a strategic point of view. He clearly feel they have let him down. I think they might actually have redeemed themselves as a team. A moral act, if not the most optimal one for getting the most points.

I am not arguing a point here, but mostly rambling about my feelings. But, it will need a longer time for me to forget Ferrari in 2002, but today I think the right driver won.

So, if that's not enough to vote for them as the team of the day, it will be Mercedes, for dragging their non functional car into contention for a win. A massive team effort. Great stuff. Mercedes gets my vote today.
I'm with you on most of this. While they were bleating on on the TV about shooting themselves in the foot by not letting Leclerc through early enough, I was shouting at the screen to just let them race. If you want to be a WDC, you should need to have to race - and that includes your teammate. Personal opinion - I've no liking for team orders - later in the season maybe if it's nip and tuck between Charles and Max, but not yet...
Old 8 Jul 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4118639)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've plumped for Ferrari. They gave both drivers opportunities to win the Grand Prix and they did.