Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 22 Oct 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3156136)   #1
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Formula Ford Race Dates for 2013

HSCC Provisional 2013 race dates as of Oct 2012.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come and join us, Social BBQ's at all the Summer events. Fingers crossed we have a summer....
Always subject to change of course but here's some dates for your new Christmas Calendars.
HSCC Provisional 2013 dates as of Oct 2012.

Donington March 16
Thruxton March 30/31
Cadwell April 20/21
Silverstone GP May 18/19
Snetterton June 1/2
Brands Hatch GP July 6/7
Croft Aug 3/4 (or 10/11)
Oulton Park Aug 24/26
Brands Hatch Sept 28/29
Silverstone Finals Oct 19
Old 23 Oct 2012, 07:32 (Ref:3156283)   #2
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see the September Brands is 2 days and does not clash with Spa Well done HSCC
Old 28 Dec 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3182507)   #3
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
one or two changes ...as of December 28

HSCC PROVISIONAL DATES FOR 2013
17th March Donington Park
30th - 31st March Thruxton
20th - 21st April Cadwell Park (Wolds Trophy)
3rd 4th 5th May Donington Park Historic Festival
10th – 11th May Tour Britannia
18th - 19th May Silverstone International Trophy (GP Circuit)
1st - 2nd June Snetterton (Autosport Three Hours)
13th – 14th July Brands Hatch HSCC Super Prix (GP Circuit)
26th 27th 28th July Silverstone Classic (GP Circuit)
3rd - 4th August Croft Nostalgia Weekend
24th 25th 26th August Oulton Park Gold Cup (International Circuit)
8th September Mini Tour Britannia
28th September Brands Hatch (Indy Circuit)
19th October Silverstone Championship Finals
2nd-3rd November Walter Hayes Trophy
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3193855)   #4
vector-pat
Rookie

England
Newbury, Berks
vector-pat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton Round - 30/31 March

Testing is available at Thruxton on 20/21 February also a chance to drive the track in a road car on 19th. Information/booking from Thruxton Motorsport Centre office - contact CJ, carolj@thruxtonracing.co.uk or 01264 774912.

For those that can't make it on the test days, I'll do a track walk and a ride around for a couple of laps at 3pm on Friday 29th March. No charge for this but a donation to Hants and IOW Air Ambulance would be nice.

I'm really looking forward to the "Thruxton Easter Revival" and would love to see a full grid of FF1600/2000's, so please don't hesitate to contact me via the Thruxton office if there is anything I can help with.

Pat
Old 18 Mar 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3220896)   #5
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
HSCC Grandstand Motor Tours in association with Avon Historic Formula Fords website.

Newsletters, results and general information can now be had on our new linked web site to the HSCC on here http://www.hscc.org.uk/news-2 it's fairly embryonic and there is more to come.

Look us up if you are interested in racing a pre-72 Formula Ford; especially for fun and not fame.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3221718)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
did somebody say on another thread you are going to do a circuit walk around? IF so what time on Friday?
Old 20 Mar 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3221783)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
did somebody say on another thread you are going to do a circuit walk around? IF so what time on Friday?
See two posts earlier, Simon- or three now!

Hope I can make it also!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3221786)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
perfect - I will be there (there has to be some benefit to living 3 miles away!!)
Old 17 Apr 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3235946)   #9
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Race report and newsletters for Historic FF's.

This might fill a page but if you can't find our latest newsletters on the HSCC web site...here's the last one or two...

They are more observations than race reports, I'm no journalist I'm afraid.....

HFF Newsletter No 4 - Historic Formula Ford Series;Thruxton. Next, Cadwell.

The crowd were there, frozen, bless them; the circuit was in perfect condition, the celebs were there and the hype had gone before, all was ready for a great race at a new venue.

We did not let them down. Nelson Rowes win and Benn Simms second place were a demonstration of art in action.

The race for third was Picasso, Dali and Goya rolled into one.

Battle after battle, lap after lap and changed position after well, you know what I'm trying to say, Simon Toyne, Stuart Baird, Andrew Ames, David Wild and Tiff Needell, had a blank canvas and boy, did they paint a picture. The crowd certainly thought it was a master.

Simon had third and did he work for it, right up until half a lap before the end where consideration for a back marker compromised his pace ever so slightly. The Needell boy was past for a very happy podium.

You had to be there to see what went on, I certainly can't describe the action. But it was HOT and fair. And it wasn't just those guys who had all the fun.

To watch the Sharples/Lillingstone-Price/Kiiveri/Mansell, the Kestenbaum/West/Buckton, the Hanjoul/Fairbrother, the Ball/Sturmer/Stanzl matches, well, you couldn't keep up.

All this without the attentions of Michael Mallock (2nd on the grid in a Mallock), race event conceiver, Bill Coombs (in the sister car to Benn Simms), both with mechanical problems and Sam Mitchell (3rd, losing it gracefully on the Red-flagged first lap and tripping up Max Bartell). With their involvement I can't imagine what the race may have been like...a cross between a Pollock and a Rubens maybe!...

Brilliant show fellas and beautiful driving.

Next up this weekend is a warm (so far -so good!!?) Cadwell Park. 2 days, chalk and cheese of a different circuit to Thruxton where respect when lapping is really vital. There'll be food and live music on Saturday night at the Clubhouse. See you there.

Dick Dixon.

PS If you see two of our drivers negotiating 'The Mountain' in a very different way don't be surprised. John Slack and Andrew Mansell will have just returned (by the skin of their teeth) from climbing Everest. They may even be still roped together...

PLEASE BE AWARE!!!! HANS DEVICES. In the last MSA mag there was mention of a defect on some Stand 21 Helmets. FHR.036.12-A. A Phillips screw should be in place of an Allen-headed Screw. See their updates.

ALSO. Scrutineering inspections have highlighted a very small number of Roll-over Bar bracketry to be too thin. If you suspect yours please see to improving soon.

Cadwell Park; Paddock Clubhouse: The Paddock Clubhouse will be open on Friday and Saturday evenings from 18.30 – 21.00 hours for meals, bar will be open until 23.00 hours. On Saturday and Sunday, Breakfast will be available between 07.30 -11.30 with Lunch from 12.00 – 14.00. On Saturday evening there will be live music from local group The Tuesdays.

Overnight Parking on Sunday: We have checked and you are permitted to stay overnight after racing on Sunday as we have the express permission of the circuit management (Cadwell Carol), it is at a rate of £10 per person. Security will do their rounds and collect.

That's all folks - see you at Cadwell..............

No 3 HFF Newsletter No 3 - Donington.

Being a novice must seem a little daunting (and not to say slightly demoralising) with the amount of talent Historic Formula Ford are showing. I remember being 14 seconds off the pace when I started. Keeping up with the ex-champs and karters we have on the grid is a challenge but to have done it in Donington's conditions and stay on the track was a credit to all, especially them.

It has long been said, and I've never really believed it, that the fall out of unburnt aircraft fuel from the flight path at East Midlands has an effect on the circuit, until now. A mix of cold, wet, almost snow conditions created a helmet-visor-sticking visibility that even the most experienced found difficult, let alone the lack of grip.
Well done.
Some mega drives deserve a mention too. Front-runner Rob Wainright as reserve, had to start from the back and made it to 5th, yes FIFTH, young Sam Mitchell started near the front and on instructions from his Dad made a shocking start. He actually said "Make a shopping start," but the result was the same. He dropped back to about 20th, came back up, spun and came back up again to 7th....How?

Race winner Nelson Rowe was unreachable. Benn Simms, after leading on the first lap and with all his experience, couldn't get near him. If you could stand the cold it was terrific to watch the effort he put into it.
The chasing sister car of Benn's followed David Wild and was driven by (30 years ago FF come-back kid!!) Bill Coombs who could only sit back and watch the distance lengthen along with, Wainright, Josh West (who, it has to be said, posed around the frozen paddock in his 'T' shirt like it was a summers day - I'm thinking we should adopt him for a mascot...), Mitchell, Stuart Kestenbaum, Simon Toyne, new boy (but with modern FF experience of whom I forgot to introduce at our meeting) Andrew Ames, (welcome Andrew), Stuart Baird, Alistair Littlewood and one younger half of the father/son duo of Bucktons, James.
A lot of future and ex-champs doing all they could to keep up with 'The Vet'. One of the very few people in the paddock who changes his spark plugs via the exhaust.

Watching, it was obvious that it took a lot of hard work to stay on. It was also remarked from the sidelines by some very experienced and impressed FJ & F2 racers that 'you surpassed yourselves'. But for God's sake don't let that go to your heads.

All this without the extra value of Derek Rogers and William Nuthall who both succumbed to damage after diverting from a spinner in the mornings qualifying session.
Soil conditions had something to do with identifying the rest of the cars and drivers who ran, shall we say, a little wide. (see photo of one representative attached)...

Very well done to our three novices too Gary McVeigh, James Lovatt & Dan Pickett. We hope you enjoyed it (better wording could be substituted here!) and we hope see you in drier circumstances.

Results here http://www.mstworld.com/msptresult.a...cuit=Donington Park&resultfile=hsc2

Next up is Thruxton where we will be joined not only by the Easter Bunny but (you may have read it in the papers, seen it on telly, heard him chat about it at the Retro Show etc etc) a certain Mr Timothy Needell. He will be joining our grid in his original car from way back when. I'm sure I speak for all of us to wish him a good race at a great event with a terrific bunch, (us). Might be a good time for a photo opportunity, watch out for announcements.
Don't forget our invitation of a little tuition on Friday afternoon, (Scrutineers Bay 3 pm please) courtesy of the circuits manager Pat Blakeney. Nothing too posh mind, a few mini-bus rides round explaining where everything is. The advice I was given on our first visit there was "When you see a tree on a bend, floor it..." It was quite good advice actually....hope the tree is still there...

Historic Formula Ford Championship Series News 2013/2
Sponsored by Grandstand Motor Sports in association with Avon Tyres.
Welcome to another year of grown-up fun! We hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you either in the paddock or on the grid for another season of the best spectacle and value in Historic racing.

We have a number of firsts for the club and the series. Not least, the opportunity of a new track, a posh nosh, some associate sponsors, a cup of tea and a bucket full of proper racing with manners.

First a first, since we started 25 years ago...
OUR VERY OWN HFF HOSPITALITY AREA WILL BE IN OPERATION AT DONINGTON.
We are fortunate to have been given some sponsorship to buy an Easy-up cover and a high-faluting gas boiler for hot cuppas. We will thank our benefactors at some point -but if anyone knows of a business that would like a little presence and facilities at our historic meets then ask them for another easy-up, will you please? We need tables and chairs too...

* Spa later in the year is confirmed as an open wheel HSCC grid. There is likely to be
a full contingent of HF3 and FJ cars so HFF boys will need to get their entries in by return.
* All meetings; As asked for at our HFF AGM; Club sec Grahame White is committed to a 20min minimum time for our single HFF races (subject to weather, etc).
* Many of our drivers have never raced at Thruxton so our Champ organiser Andrew Mansell
asked about the possibility of extended practice. Club Sec Grahame White has agreed to
try to get 20 min sessions. See below for developments on this!
* Our magazine editor Paul Lawrence has been 'engaged' to take a pro-active role in generating publicity and press releases and increasing news content for HSCC and the Championships. Look out for your name in lights, in a nice way we hope.
* If you miss a race by soaking up the sun somewhere on a race day; this season we may have both live timing and trackside commentary available through the website.
* There is likely to be a sit down dinner on the Saturday evening of
the Silverstone GP meeting in the BRDC suite for about 180 people open to
all on a first come first served basis. Tickets will probably go out with
entry invitations. Ticket prices will probably be around the £30 mark, if it happens, how about making it an HFF date?

HFF INS & OUTS. WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
Last years champ Callum Grant is going to F2000, he should be good to watch. Ex HFF Champ Westie's son Sam Mitchell has been seen practising, as has the much older (20 yr old!) Josh West who did quite well with us last year.
From abroad we have Louis Hanjoul who is looking forward to joining us from Belgium, he was seen at the Retro Show along with our Swedish mining expert Roland Svensson who is joining us again (as quiet as he is, I do believe he's enjoying himself!). Our friend Ciro Pavesi is still recovering from earth movements in Italy and may join us later in the year with his Merlyn we hope. Live volcanoes are not going to stop Finland's ambassador of racing talent Pertti Kiiveri from getting on the grid. I think the long nights are making him a little stir-crazy, he's been talking to his dog about tactics all winter.

After 10 years away Lotus 61 driver Kevin Stanzl could not part with his car, even though a buyer was knocking on his door, and is now back with us. I suspect the eight year old son who joined him then is a little taller now...Simon Perkins may be another returnee when his Crossle is made ready, look out for him in Ireland (see invite below).
Also a name coming back to haunt us is another grey-haired ex champ Stuart Kestenbaum who has been around FF for some time. Another fast and friendly face.
Going even further back in FF time (when it wasn't even Historic) is ex F1 boy Tiff Needell out for a couple of times (unless he likes it - which he WILL) and also Classic F1 Driver Bill Coombs is with us driving ex-champ Benn Simms' old car, he is in at Donington.

Ex F1 driver Peter Gethin's son Nick was going to join us but after a test with Neil Fowler, decided to go the FF2000 route. We wish him well. Neil, as well as looking after returnees David Wild and Simon Toyne, is also introducing a novice driver- James Lovett. I do wonder if, or when, Lord Drayson, now the president of the Motorsport Industry Association, will ever come back to race with us. I think our form of racing had an influence on him and he certainly had a lot of fun...
It will be good to see F3 driver and Classic Cars sponsor Andrew Thorpe and son Robert joining us occasionally with a Lotus 51, 61 or both.
As reported last month, Japans representative Koichi Watanuki will be bringing his racing friend Syuuichirou Nagakubo and has bought a car and is running with Simon Brown's Merlyn set-up.
Daniel Pickett has bought David Owen's Merlyn Mk 20. Young Dan has now passed his ARDs and is hoping to race with us at some point. Also, Ginetta G18B owner, Paul Summerville with one race under his belt is joining Gary McVeigh from Leicester in a red Merlyn Mk 11; all as novices.
From us all, a very big WELCOME.

Back this year is the Novice trophy for the first placed new man in each race.

If you have the time please give these boys a heads-up in the right direction.

We all were first-timers and if you think THEY should be looking in their mirrors all the time, and getting out of your way on the circuit, then YOU are in the wrong.
None of this "He got in my way" rubbish. Make sure YOU look after THEM please.

Moving out of novice status are Andy Wiggins, David Innes and Julien Pearce. As beginners nerves are still fresh in their minds maybe they could check on our new influx too?

Tech Specs.
Don't forget Gloves need to be FIA spec this year and boots will likely follow next year.
Here's a reminder of other important tech regs if it's your first race this year;

As always, minimum ground clearance height with driver 40mm please. Allow for post-race sagging...
Brake Calipers should be the design of those fitted IN PERIOD.
Sponsors Decals are compulsory. No stickers = no points.
Car weight minimum 420Kg. Car and driver minimum 500Kg.
NO under-engine flooring.
Headrests to the correct size and strength please ( 10x10cm.).
Aluminium Radiators allowed.
Stressed floors allowed.
Controlled cast steel cranks allowed.
No final drive Constant Velocity joints.
Series regs & details can be down-loaded through clicking on the 'Championships' section of the individual series on the HSCC website. If you require further tech help direct your enquiry through the HSCC office and we'll help as best we can. It is envisaged that there is some 'adaption time' allowed for any changes so don't think you will be thrown into the sin bin straight away..HOWEVER! If you've been with us before you should know...Any penalised drivers in a race will forfeit maximum points from their championship tally.

Driving standards: It was suggested last year that a simple set of guidelines would help enhance safety on the circuit. Our two experienced driving instructors, Peter Alexander and Chris Alford have helped Co-ordinator Andrew to put together a draft set of guidelines. These are currently in the form of a PowerPoint file (in last newsletter, email if you would like it again) but the intention is to turn this document into a short video using cars on a circuit. Andrew would welcome any feedback before shooting the video!!

Here's to a terrific, trouble-free and exciting season. Dick Dixon. Drivers' rep. 01920 871153 email jane.dikko@virgin.net
Old 18 Apr 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3236066)   #10
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Could our moderator add ' & Newsletters' to the thread starter please? Much appreciated.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3241117)   #11
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
HSCC Cadwell. 20/21 April 2013.
Saturday HFF Practice & Race 1 in the Wolds.
Benn Simms headed the practice times with a dominant 1:35.167, flying in
front of Sam Mitchell, Simon Toyne, David Wild and Pertii Kiiveri, close to a whole
second clear. Come the race he stamped that time & position lap after lap. Sam
kept up with Benn brilliantly, just, but you could see he was losing a fraction each
time he came around.
David was ahead of Simon and 5th placed Josh West got in front of Pertii
and that's how they fought for most of the race. A small change around lap 5
occurred when Louis Hanjoul decided to give up his best position yet to drop from
8th to 14th in one easy movement... Noting that one starts race 2 where one
finishes race 1, he wasn't best pleased. He then started to battle with Roland
Svennson, Andrew Mansell and Kevin Stanzl.
The race was tight, fair, and exciting and great to watch throughout.
Then it all started to happen, a drop-out of two of our stalwarts livened things up
near the rear, when Farmer Phillip (Walker) decided to go ploughing before
Gooseneck. His immediate return to the black stuff frightened the hell out of our
Mike Wales and also took Roger Arnold off with a big kiss. Early bath for Phillip.
At the front, Benn was half-a-dozen lengths ahead of Sam when he met David
Innes, Alistair Littlewood (who also dropped from a fine 4th row position) and the
above-mentioned threesome. Sam was able to close in to 0.3 sec. and with a lap
and a half to go suddenly the race was back on, 6 seconds back Simon was
shadowing David with another possible surprise in the making. Josh 3 seconds
behind them.
We thought anything could happen now. But not what actually did... Benn had it,
last lap, last bends...except the very last. Complete electrical cut-out! Sam sailed
past, a very surprised maiden winner! Benn, still in 2nd place and coasting at
almost race speed meanwhile, had a view of the finish, but could see no sign of a
flag man. He decided it couldn't be the last lap so took to the pit lane - just as a
figure appeared and gave Sam the chequered flag! Life is so unfair at times....
David Wild took a happy and hard-worked-for 2nd with third place going to Simon
0.3 seconds alongside!
On timing Benn was fourth, with a distributor to fix, Josh 5th, Pertii 6th and the
front-engined Mallock, driven by creator’s son, Ray Mallock in 8th, Stuart Baird,
Alex Meek and Roland Svennson followed. Great sight to see all through the race.
Sat eve/Sunday morn.
Apart from the odd bottle of wine, live music in the clubhouse, banter,
coffee, tea and soup in the HFF hospitality tent, discussions over gearing, whether
our new man Paul Summerville can fix his Ginetta FF for race 2 ("they made 6,
this is the only one left" says he) and generally appreciating the new phenomenon
of heat from the Sun...all was at peace with the world. Until...
Sunday, HFF Race 2. The Wild West Show comes to Toyne!
Historic Formula Ford
Newsletter # 5
After race 1 results Benn Simms, possible favourite, was 4th on the grid
behind Sam Mitchell, David Wild and Simon Toyne. We knew he was out to win
after his previous disappointment; we were in for a good race.
Within the first few hundred yards he was past Simon then David and on young
Sam's tail. He was glued there until his move (a seemingly gentle and quite
decisive one) at the end of Park Straight, which belied a very tactical run two
bends before. He was away, with Sam on his tail.
This was going to be a chase.
Except suddenly Benn’s little electrical gremlin returned with a vengeance, he was
out, Sam was free to lead. And he did, lap after lap until he spun! I'm sure in the
privacy of his cockpit he described his disappointment as well as Benn did at the
time... Which left a chasing David Wild to gladly take up the baton and lead except
for one person... Simon Toyne was master of all before him, his car was good, he
was good, and after his losing battle with Tiff Needell (by a fraction) at Thruxton
was in no mood to be bridesmaid to anyone and took control within a couple of
laps.
The fight was fair between them and the chase did not stop.
Meanwhile, young Josh West was being harried by the experienced Stuart Baird
who had the legs on him at most corners - until (and not for the first time for our
Stuart!) he stuck his nose out too far on Josh’s gearbox (he must go to
SpecSavers).
And then..... - hang on - there's someone else before them!
I'm forgetting a certain Finnish gentleman sage, driving like Kauko the
Finnish demon who, according to Legend, suffered from too much Testosterone
ruining his love life... Pertii Kiiveri was running third! He too, was harrying Mr West
but bided his time until Josh made a mistake before the Mountain and he was
through! Remembering his over exuberance at a certain northern track when he
was in the lead - Kvantti and driver kept hormones in order and stayed calm, this
was one podium conquest he wasn't going to climax early from...

see him here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjTD13-tNs

A recovering Sam was coming back though! The 17 year-old managed to get past
Josh to 4th, after seeing Stuart drop away with missing nose and a steaming rad
leak, and with enough laps, maybe get his position back. He fought, he drove his
heart out, but 4 seconds to a controlled but ecstatic 3rd placed 60 year-old Pertii
was as close as 'the yoof' could get.
Another Scandinavian racer taking a brilliant 6th to lead the rest of the
'middle-agers' was Roland Svensson. A position the quiet, reserved Swede was
pretty happy about at the HFF 'tent' afterwards.
Back to the Brits and next up were Kevin Stanzl and Alex Meek, an order
they had been all tightly 'negotiating over' for most of the race along with ex-Kart
champ Derek Rodgers, Alan Fairbrother and Alistair Littlewood (this young man
brilliantly catching up from the rear) until a certain Andrew Mansell's Merlyn rear
spring decided to settle half-way up the fast hill that is Coppice. The resultant spin
created a Red Arrows-like Breakaway reaction with different coloured cars going
in so many directions it was dizzy to watch. These made the top ten but behind
them were battles as good as the rest. Well done to Daniel Pickett for bagging
another couple of novice trophies – he is turning out as the man to beat amongst
the novices!
A good weekends racing.
Scrutineers declared a clean bill of health for our cars on the weighbridge and will
no doubt be watching for ride heights on the expensive tarmac that is Silverstone
next up...
As well as Paul Summerville (who by the way didn't make his repairs stick for race
2) another new man soon to join us in a Jamun is Chris Helliwell. He mechanics
for Will Nuthall on occasions and will be with us later in the year when he finishes
its build. Welcome to our band you guys. Try and make it for the Silverstone
Classic maybe? The grid will be 54 and there WILL be a rolling start!
Now the boring stuff……..
Silverstone Classic: Don’t forget to get your entries in (and others who have
HFFs gathering dust) - there are already nearly 40 confirmed for the grid. Entry
forms are available on:
http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Race_Entry_Form_HFF.pdf
We will be printing up special commemorative HFF shirts to mark the occasion.
Prices will be about £15. They will be polo shirts in a neutral colour with the
Silverstone classic and the HFF logos on the chest/lapel. There will be a form
sent out with the next newsletter for you to place your order. The print run will be
limited so be sure to get your order in early.
Scrutineering: There are a couple of cars yet to finalise their HSCC papers,
and then we will also have a clean bill of health in that department. There is likely
to be a sample of camshafts checked at Silverstone, with the option of using a
new gauge which can measure cam profiles with the need only to remove the
rocker shaft - much easier!
Driving Standards: We have had one red flag in the past 6 races – this
(hopefully) indicates some improvement on our average of one red flag for every
three races for the previous 2 seasons. The first lap is always critical (the cause
of our red flag at Thruxton), so please remember the old adage “to finish first, first
you have to finish!
Social Events: Silverstone - again there will tea/coffee and biscuits available in
the HFF Marquee and hot soup at lunchtime. There will be no BBQ at Silverstone
as there is an HSCC dinner in the BRDC suite – have you booked your place on
the HFF tables – the booking form is available here:
http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Dinner...oking_Form.pdf . There will be a
BBQ at Snetterton – so watch out for further announcements.
Drivers meeting at Snetterton: There will be a “half term” drivers meeting
at Snetterton. It will have an open agenda with the purpose of giving all drivers
and partners the opportunity to suggest possible improvements to our HFF
Championship. If you would like to raise a (polite!) suggestion – please email
Andrew your suggestion on a.mansellatbtinternet.com .
Paddock arrangements: A gentle reminder to try to keep to the allocated
HFF areas for parking. We will always put up the HFF flag and Marquee in the
allocated area.
Championship Points: The HSCC office will soon be updating the
Championship table on the website with the Thruxton & Cadwell results.
Drive Couplings: The subject of our rubber drive couplings came up at
Cadwell, Pertii found a chunk of his missing after practice and someone else had
to change theirs double-quick. The Mountain is a killer for our 'Doughnuts' as is
Paddock Hill at Brands. Best check yours at both, but with the demise of parts
supplier Quinton Hazell the good old QL 7000 seems to be a rare item stocked.
Anyone got a good source we can advertise through this newsletter? Contact Dick
Dixon on jane.dikko at virgin.net.
For Sale: From ex HFF racer Marc Selzer. New, unused and un-machined Xflow
1600 GT cylinder head for sale; ideal for someone building up a Kent
Formula Ford engine. Original Ford part (still in its Ford box!), with valves and
springs fitted. He also has a used rocker assembly and set of push rods - no idea
how useable they are but no point in keeping them. £250
Call Marc on 07747 806178 or email him at marc.selzeratgmail.com
Dick Dixon: Drivers rep.

Last edited by dikko; 30 Apr 2013 at 20:59. Reason: e address change