Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Tim Falce's- what colour should it be?
British Racing Green 8 14.29%
Ecurie Ecosse Blue 15 26.79%
Penelope Pitstop Pink 19 33.93%
Menacing Black 3 5.36%
White with Blue Stripes 0 0%
Outrageous Italian Racing Red 2 3.57%
Roscoe Racing Burgundy and Gold 4 7.14%
Other 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Nov 2013, 10:40 (Ref:3327440)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tim Falce's Jaguar - What colour should it be?

OK for a bit of fun!
Old 5 Nov 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3327454)   #2
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about Red Bull colours? Seemed to work well for another Jaguar!
Old 5 Nov 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3327460)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
John, I think you should make the pollsters names visible, just so I know who has voted pink
Old 5 Nov 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3327485)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Nice one, John!

I voted for 'other', reckon a nice medium grey with silver stripe or Ecosse style nose marking....

But Pink will probably win!

Old 5 Nov 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3327511)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I favour the "menacing black" look.......

but the driver's racesuit should be contrasting shocking pink, of course.....

(and after he gave me tickets for Donny....how could I? )
Old 5 Nov 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3327513)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten-Tenths blue
Old 5 Nov 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3327515)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
but the driver's racesuit should be contrasting shocking pink,
I can do baby doll pink but not "shocking" I'm sure a quick whip-round could be arranged
Old 5 Nov 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3327535)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=: I'm sure a quick whip-round could be arranged [/QUOTE]

Well we will have to ask Max to organise that for us.

The Jag? How about chartreuse with aubergine stripes, make for great photographs, and it would probably match his face when he gets the results of the poll.

As always, just one man's opinion.

bauble.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3327558)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Easy, we get all 10/10ths members to sign the car. It would look,S--T.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3327565)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Hmmmmmm, what d'yall think?
Attached Thumbnails
MM180 2-15 Site.jpg  
Old 5 Nov 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3327570)   #11
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like that.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3327575)   #12
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's only fair to show us one in pink too.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3327582)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
yep so do I.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3327583)   #14
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
It's only fair to show us one in pink too.
No problem

Old 5 Nov 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3327618)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not bad.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3327619)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, that's the one!

The blue and yellow does look good though - ACO colours!
Old 5 Nov 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3327625)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Anglebox purple !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3327634)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was a very pink FF at the Walter Hayes but I thought the green/pink combination on a mini was, er, interesting. Might work on the Jag.
Attached Thumbnails
600px_FF__Walter_Hayes_Trophy_2013_ONED8780.jpg   600px_FF__Walter_Hayes_Trophy_2013_ONED8679.jpg  
Old 5 Nov 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3327638)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Tim just needs a Kermit green race suit- that would do it!

Remember the 'Pink Pig' works Porsches? Iconic.....

Old 5 Nov 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3327640)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed. If we're going for a certain 'look', then Tim has to enter into the full spirit of it - body and soul.......
Old 5 Nov 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3327688)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A pink Jag? It'll never work.

I like the idea of black. You could go mad and go matt black, perhaps not, although it is the only colour I've ever sprayed a car!
So are you painting it this winter? I'm going to have a to with the B too. Not matt black, but a dark red.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3327730)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
A pink Jag? It'll never work.
Now what fool would paint a Jag in that colour-scheme....... Erm...... Ah.......

Right.

Superb design.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3327860)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Adam, I quite liked the colour of your XJS and something like it would be a serious contender except I want it a more original D-Type colour. I like the yellow, and for some reason so do the Belgians but I think after 8 years It's time for a change.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3327868)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I like that bright blue colour on a big car I think its an old ford or Chrysler colour I have seen modern Chryslers in the colour
Old 6 Nov 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3328188)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Adam, I quite liked the colour of your XJS and something like it would be a serious contender except I want it a more original D-Type colour. I like the yellow, and for some reason so do the Belgians but I think after 8 years It's time for a change.
I did too. Although my suggestion would be a slightly darker shade.

More original colour? Hmm. The yellow is good, and green and blue are the obvious ones. Jim Clark's Borders Reivers D was white (and recently in an issue of Octane). That would be nice

8 years, great excuse for a change.