Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 9 Nov 1999, 17:22 (Ref:10401)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
18 weeks to the beginning of the 2000 season. Before that I've got to replace the rear braking system, get new tyres, scrub the tyres in. Tidy up the bodywork. Improve the shell stiffness. Install a cool air feed to the carb. Set the engine up on the rolling road. Wash and polish the car and build that new kitchen.

Damn. Looks like my next race will be March 2001!
Old 9 Nov 1999, 20:53 (Ref:10402)   #2
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stiffen the shell? It's that damn DGH again!!

Can I suggest a Capri saloon? (No, wait!Wasn't that a MK3 Cortina??)
Old 10 Nov 1999, 04:59 (Ref:10403)   #3
Ken
Rookie

Ken should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know what you mean about getting the car ready. I am taking mine in for a little overhaul and I want to play with some ground effects that are just inside the rule book . I am working on a some new rubber and just make a few other changes . I had a good year but ours is 5 months away till I can run again. We rent the track for the day and then a week after that it is Spring Fling that I do the Sunday only. 20 minutes of open wheel then 20 minutes of closed then 20 again of open for 8 hours . It gets you and the car into it real fast. 2 weeks after that it will be our first race at the 10 million$ upgraded Mosport Race Track . It is going to be real fast with it being wider , new pavment and much wider run offs. My one lap of Mosport posting will have to be upgraded to . I want to race next week but will have to settle for indoor Go-Karts.
Old 10 Nov 1999, 11:35 (Ref:10404)   #4
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Peter, I would have mailed this direct but couldn't figure out how to find your email address but hey, while I'm here....
....do you know the dates for next season?

I assumed I'd see something on the cscc web site or in a newsletter but nadda, nothing, zip, zilch, a big fat zero.

All help appreciated

BTW my offside rebuild is moving very slowly. The quote for replacement panels was almost 400 GBP - ouch! Adding in the labour and the respray and the total was just shy of 8000 GBP - double ouch!! So I'm now searching for 2nd hand usable ones. Not easy when you're racing a car that they only made for 4 years and has been out of production for almost 19 years

Cheers
Andrew
Old 10 Nov 1999, 17:12 (Ref:10405)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No news as yet on the calendar front. Its an annual complaint. A bit like piles really

As to spares for these cars. Suggest you surf the classic car mags. There also must be an owner's club so give that a try. Failing that just crawl around the scrap yards.

I think you meant 800 GBP which is still enough.

Good luck.
Old 12 Nov 1999, 03:40 (Ref:10406)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 months to go here, haven't got much to do. Just buy tyres, overhaul the brakes, fill a couple of little holes, modify the rollcage, replace the seat and mounts, touch up some paint/panels, replace a leaky welsh plug, etc. etc. etc. Still it beats footy/cricket/golf/gardening
Old 28 Nov 1999, 20:13 (Ref:10407)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've done the kitchen!!!!

Have a look at the Historic or Other Calsses forums for BARC Historic racing details.
Old 3 Dec 1999, 22:25 (Ref:10408)   #8
Compo
Rookie

Compo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, there's only a few weeks to go to the Mallory Park plumb pudding meeting.

No! I am not going, too b***dy cold!

I have two choices.

1. I carry on my relentless search to find sufficient sponsorship to run a Radical Prosport next season (and a decent second driver/partner), or...

2. I drag my ModProd Nova GSi back in the shed, kick out the dents, apply some more paint, rebuild the gearbox, change the oil in the engine, buy (yes buy) some new spark plugs, maybe, just maybe, take the engine out and run it on the dyno (if I get off my bum and get the dyno re-installed). Oh yes, and finally, rip out the trim that's still hanging on from it's days as a Super Road Saloon spec car.

I could just sell it.... but I am attached to it, I've had it 10 years! Cor, is it that long.

I feel a song coming on...
(to the tune of Deck the Halls...)
(Chorus)
Now's the season to be bankrupt
Tra la la la laaaa la la la laaa.
Credit card's upto the limit
Tra la la la laaaa la la la laaaa.
See Bank manager, see bank manager,
Beg him for an overdraft...

Engine, gearbox, dampers, brake shoes
Need replacing now, not three months time
Paint is peeling, needs respraying
Start your rubbing down, to get a shine
Tyres are perished, rims are rusty,
Extinguisher's now out of date..

(repeat Chorus)

Old race suit is made of Proban
Wanna get a new nomex one now.
Wife don't understand the expense
I wanna win some races, silly cow!
Helmets cracked and needs replacing
Does this list never end?

(repeat chorus until blue in the face)

Tee hee heee!

Rob.
Old 7 Feb 2000, 18:10 (Ref:10409)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Its only 5 weeks to go now!!! and all I've got to do is collect the car, buy a set of dries, set the engine up on the rolloing road, test, change my mind on set-up and buy new springs, test, change my mind on set-up and buy new springs, test, change my mind on set-up and buy new springs, test and turn up at Silverstone on 18 March.
Old 7 Feb 2000, 22:17 (Ref:10410)   #10
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There we go again, whinging about doing something we love....I offered to help(with the kitchen) but you said "******, I'm fine thanx"....pah!
Old 8 Feb 2000, 07:17 (Ref:10411)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yeah,

But you wanted to paint everyting Guinness brown!!!
Old 16 Feb 2000, 22:49 (Ref:10412)   #12
Kai Higdon
Rookie

Kai Higdon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ken, have you seen the new improvements at Mosport yet? When we were there last summer, they were just starting to bulldoze parts of the infeld.

I plan on being there the end of May for an event and can't wait to see the improvements!
Old 20 Feb 2000, 00:02 (Ref:10413)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just two weeks to go now, picked the car up today. New Front wheel bearings, hubs, disc rotors, brake pads, wheel alihgnment, rear swayb bar bushes and a few little adjustments, it won't go any faster, but it should be reliable. Now I just have to get and FIA driving suit, gloves and boots. Last year's gear is no longer eligible. Minimum AUD 700. Grrrrr!
Old 20 Feb 2000, 17:36 (Ref:10414)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've got a FIA two layer red suit-unused size 44. Only £150.00 plus postage.
Old 20 Feb 2000, 19:44 (Ref:10415)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I thought you’d like to know what else is racing with the four BARC/CSCC Championships at the S.U.N.B.A.C (which stands for “Sutton-Coldfield And North Birmingham Automobile Club) Silverstone meeting on the 18th of March. BTW. Speaking to Ian Cowley (Yelwoci) today, it appears that we may be bereft of his particular brand of RX7 entertainment. I’m sure we all feel a profound loss at this possibility.

So who else will be there?

BRDC/Mini 7 Winter Challenge. WINTER?

750MC Formula 4 Championship.

750MC Hot Hatch Championship.

BARC/MGOC Championship (Front and Rear wheel drive classes).

BRDC/SRS Formula Ford Championship.

Not exactly something for everyone but a good mix of classes to get the season off to a reasonable start. If you’re going look me up.

I'll post this in Trackside.