Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 13 May 2002, 02:11 (Ref:284460)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Monza Superbike Results

Troy Bayliss wrapped up his fourth double of the year with another oustanding domination of the Monza circuit and subsequently increased his point advantage over Colin Edwards.

Poleman Neil Hodgson was also brilliant, and deserved a victory in the first race, only to be denied trying to break Edwards tow on the final straight. A fourth place in the second race insured he increased his margin over the fourth placed rider in the Riders Championship.

Haga was his normal erratic self, with a DNF in the first race and a third in the second. Why o' why did Aprilia drop Troy Corser?

Eric Bostrom impressed everyone on his debut at the Monza circuit. Steady rides in both.

However, the most exciting race I watched on FOX was the Second 1996 Superbike race from Monza. And it had Keith and Julian commentary to boot (don't you just love those two guys!)
Old 13 May 2002, 08:13 (Ref:284673)   #2
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic performance by Troy. He really is the man. And if he doesn't get a Ducati GP ride, I'll snap.

BTW - what about Xaus's crash in warmup! It was massive.
Old 13 May 2002, 08:37 (Ref:284706)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would really love to see Bayliss stay in WSBK as I think his and Edwards rivalray can only improve in future years. Great racing by the three men, and Chilli. Bayliss was brilliant again, I only wished he could have been brilliant but Edwards to have beaten him to close up the championship
Old 13 May 2002, 09:49 (Ref:284764)   #4
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Xuas is getting beaten up a bit at the moment. That crash was pretty big too. Shame he ditched it in race 2, he could have been battling for the lead. He made up the time to the leaders easily. Shame about Toseland too!
Old 13 May 2002, 10:45 (Ref:284836)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frankly, Xaus hasn't been all that impressive this year. I thought he would have been right up there from the start this season, but he's been relatively lacklustre.

I don't think it helps when you're team-mate wipes the floor with the entire competition.
Old 13 May 2002, 11:27 (Ref:284892)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great stuff from Bayliss. Good riding from all three in fact, and isn't Monza a great track on TV?

Plus, my new Ducati arrives in 8 weeks.
Old 13 May 2002, 15:56 (Ref:285235)   #7
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sigh I drive by our local Ducati dealer everyday, that yellow 748r just stares me in the face, calling for a ride
Gotta rob a ******* bank to get that one
Ah both supersport and WSB was fun to watch, it looked way more fun than GP does right now?!
Old 13 May 2002, 19:41 (Ref:285524)   #8
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend for Hodgson and Toseland. Shame James went down in race 2.
Old 13 May 2002, 21:02 (Ref:285608)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Winther
Ah both supersport and WSB was fun to watch, it looked way more fun than GP does right now?!
Totally agree. The Supers are that much more exciting at a fraction of the cost.
Old 13 May 2002, 23:04 (Ref:285750)   #10
Winther
Racer

Even my wife got up from her chair, I have rarely seen her so exited over a bike race, since Rossi became World Champ in 250
Hehe I liked it alot, great racing.

Last edited by Winther; 13 May 2002 at 23:05.
Old 15 May 2002, 00:49 (Ref:286833)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Listen to yourselves, I bet you did this when Doohan was winning all the time aswell. Appreciate a true master riding to the limit on his bike, don't just walk away and say GP's are boring.
I agree the races are not what they were but blame Honda for that, they have built the perfect bike again.
WSB is just as boring with Troy winning all the time and as for Hodgson he got it all wrong in race 1 saying he thought Troy and Edwards were gonna be DSQ for cutting the chicane
Old 15 May 2002, 07:43 (Ref:286986)   #12
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Troy may be winning all the time, but the racing is still tremendous.

Motogp isn't where it was, but it's still good to watch. Who didn't jump out of their seat when Ukawa and Rossi were battling at Welkom.

Don't blame Honda and Rossi. Blame the other teams and riders (at least those with big budgets - Yamaha, Suzuki) for not being up to scratch. If only Honda could throw a few more four strokes around.

I say we should simply watch and admire the talents of Rossi and Honda in Motogp, and Bayliss and Ducati in WSB. A few years down the track, we're all going to be able to say "we saw Rossi/Bayliss in action."
Old 15 May 2002, 08:23 (Ref:286996)   #13
Winther
Racer

Yes it was boring sometimes too under Doohan, but it was also quite fantastic too sometimes!
Hehe but the racing in SBK and Supersport is actually way more fun to watch, like it or not.
GP is great but sometimes it is as interesting as dead fish.
Don't get me wrong I love it alot, but mac says the other teams needs to wake up soon or it will stay Honda gp for another decade or two?!
And that is extremely boring.
Old 15 May 2002, 08:34 (Ref:287001)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
go troy again.... andrew pitt's ride from 11th on the kawasaki in the supersport race was of highest quality as well.
Old 15 May 2002, 09:34 (Ref:287040)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Yes, I forgot to mention the Supersport race, which, in my opinion, was the best race of the three on the day.

Of course, I was cheering for Vermuelen (is that spelt right?) as I think he's the same age as me (if not younger) and it was good to see him finally get a really good result.
Old 15 May 2002, 13:11 (Ref:287266)   #16
Winther
Racer

Hehe yes what a race that was
How many times did the lead change??
Old 15 May 2002, 21:10 (Ref:287589)   #17
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow, i didnt know benelli was at monza

http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...&language_id=1

they finished in the points too
Old 17 May 2002, 08:10 (Ref:288649)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
me neither - until i saw the results..... as for the supersport race, does anyone think that vermeulen was a bit soft going into the last corner - seems he was more happy with a safe 2nd then a race win whereas foret was only interested in winning....
Old 17 May 2002, 11:11 (Ref:288768)   #19
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe Goddard was going quite quick in one of the wet sessions. Top 10.
Old 17 May 2002, 11:23 (Ref:288786)   #20
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Goddard has alway been quick
Old 17 May 2002, 15:52 (Ref:289003)   #21
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, i saw he qualifed 8th in the wet