Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 25 Jun 2003, 23:09 (Ref:643217)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Croft - photo opportunities ??

Hiya all! Surely one of you smart people can help me here - I am making the journey to Croft for next months BTCC rounds there, have only been there once before, in 2002, and in my last visit didn't explore much of the circuit.

My question is, can you get right around the back of the circuit(ie Jim Clark Esses, Barcroft etc..) to take pictures or is it closed to the general public? Also, any tips on any good points to snap away on the circuit ??

Ta
Old 26 Jun 2003, 08:55 (Ref:643463)   #2
Ian_H
Rookie

England
Durham
Ian_H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi
If you have a look at this map HERE it does not list any viewing areas around the Jim Clark Esses or Barcroft. If you want to see what the view is like from the disabled car park along the back straight between the chicane and Tower bend have a look at the motorsport pages at my site, there are a few galleries from Croft all taken from that straight.
Around Clervaux and Hawthorn there is a fence to shoot through or you can sit up on the hill but you would need a long lens, you also have the "grandstand" at Clervaux but I have never sat there.

HTH
Cheers

Ian
Old 26 Jun 2003, 12:38 (Ref:643688)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Tower throught to Sunny Out is all closed off to the public.

You can get a decent side-on shot from the public area between Sunny and the Complex. The bank is fairly high and other than a few poles for the PA speaker there's no high fence or any other obstructions.

Exit of Hawthorn isn't too bad, either stand with your nose against the fence and try to focus it out or if you can find a spot there's a small grass bank a little further back.

Another good side-on place is between the Chicane and Tower, although the background isn't as good. If you walk all the way to Tower you can just about get a rearward facing shot of the cars going over the apex.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 00:32 (Ref:644234)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for info - pity that part of the track is shut off, it'd be really good to see the cars at speed round there.

Better make sure I wear a good pair of boots that day...
Old 27 Jun 2003, 11:58 (Ref:644653)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I've walked around to the trees between Jim Clark and Barcroft and the view actually isn't as good as you think it's going to be.