Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Apr 2000, 23:50 (Ref:6722)   #1
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Ducati they decided to Let the austalian rider Troy Bayliss ride in Sugo instead of the injured Carl.
Who is Troy Bayliss?
Old 27 Apr 2000, 00:09 (Ref:6723)   #2
allan quirk
Rookie

allan quirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recon Troy Balis will have the ride for the rest of the season. He is the reigning British Superbike champion and much loved by the UK crowd. He is nowhere near up to Carl's standard, though. He used to ride for the INX Ducati team.
Old 27 Apr 2000, 00:10 (Ref:6724)   #3
allan quirk
Rookie

allan quirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recon Troy Baylis will have the ride for the rest of the season. He is the reigning British Superbike champion and much loved by the UK crowd. He is nowhere near up to Carl's standard, though. He used to ride for the INX Ducati team.
Old 27 Apr 2000, 05:02 (Ref:6725)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guess what? He's Australian!! Go Aussie GO!!
Old 27 Apr 2000, 12:24 (Ref:6726)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Troy Bayliss is an excellent rider, as his BSBK championship last year showed. And I'd say he'll probably be quicker than Bostrom.

Actually I'm rather surprised at how quick Bostrom hasn't really been so far, while I wasn't expecting him to be up with Fogarty I was expecting better than he is doing.
Old 27 Apr 2000, 22:28 (Ref:6727)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't Bostrom beat Gobert last year? Or is it just the tracks which he is finding hard? Has he done millions of laps of Laguna and just stunned them there last year?
Old 27 Apr 2000, 23:29 (Ref:6728)   #7
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't it this forum i heard that Ben Bostrom was such a great rider?
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt,he probably just have to get used to the bike.
I'll hope Troy will do better.

I'll also hope that we stay clear of such crashes as of Carl's.It really shock me aspecially when he didn't move for a long while,it went very quite at my place till we got the word he was awake again.

Let's hope Carl will return soon!
Old 27 Apr 2000, 23:52 (Ref:6729)   #8
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was one of the people saying he should do rather well this year. While I wasn't expecting him to be mixing it for first, I was expecting him to be racing for maybe 5th or 6th by the end of Phillip Island. But then he supposedly doesn't like the track. He should be used to the bike by now, while it is different to the one he rode last year, it isn't that different.

Possibly he has a similar problem to Crafar with that he is not happy with the Michelin tyres. Anyway, we shall see...he will be staying for the whole season but he needs to be speed up soon otherwise he will be out, and that will be a shame as I still think he has the talent.
Old 29 Apr 2000, 23:57 (Ref:6730)   #9
elephino
Veteran

I hate to reply to myself, but it seems Troy Bayliss did not have a good time at Sugo, crashing out of both races. I don't know how or at what point as I haven't seen it yet.

P.S. Bloody channel 10 again, 3 hours are scheduled for both the GP bikes and SBK. What happened to the other hour?