Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jul 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2245538)   #26
alwayswatching
Rookie

alwayswatching should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
No , I wouldnt buy a Creation , sadly !!!

Why should a team buy a Creation , when there are several excellant chassis available , Lola , new chassis coming from Oreca/Courage , new Zytek on the way and I presume a new Pescarolo too . It would lead to better quality of racing too .

It would be a better deal for Creation to buy a "new" Zytek and put the AIM Engine in that .

Maybe Creation are trying to acomplish too much too soon , same like Lavaggi . Take a look at Oreca , and how its taken them to get to where they are now .

The RS Spyder is sold as a complete package , the Zytek is too . Pescarolo is designed with a Judd in mind and works very well indeed .

A lot of smaller teams have trouble with the combi route , meaning buying a chassis and an engine seperatly , and then trying to marry engines , wire looms and gearboxs together while trying to workout just what in hell the tyres and suspension are doing , not even mentioning aero .

Yeah ..... I agree with you .

Going slightly off topic ...... for example . If the rumour is true about LAA wanting to go LMP1 racing and the possibility of the Corvette LS7 engine being released for an LMP1 project . I could see LAA buying O'Courage or Pescarolo chassis , its french and it works ?
Clearly all that you said is valid and in the end it really comes down to who the Team is.................what is their strength in the design/engineering department............what is their connection to the engine supplier..........who their drivers are...............what is the deal with a tire manufacturer.........and above all else the budget they have at their disposal.

Without any of these in place at the appropriate levels, doesn't matter which chassis/engine combo they choose, they will be also rans.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2245553)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Doesnt have to be the team ..... another example ..... the Saulnier Pescarolo LMP1 ..... we all know what it can do , but not with that bunch of jokers !!! But the team , do a pretty good job with their LMP2 car .
Old 6 Jul 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2245566)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Zytek/Creation, Creation/Zytek, it seems to be one and the same thing, yet they are two seperate cars, with differing development paths, but they both, IMO, need each other to take the next step forward.
No they are not the same car! Now take the Creation conversation to the Creation thread please.

L.P.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2245568)   #29
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once several years back they were the same car - those days are long gone and there are no interchangeable parts anymore!!

Be good to see a good team like LNT running the Zytek - they showed at Silverstone that the Zytek is an awesome car - much better when run by LNT than any of the other Zytek teams....professionalism counts for alot
Old 9 Jul 2008, 13:07 (Ref:2247957)   #30
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
But rumour has it that LNT will be going LMP1 with Zytek ?
ooooohhhh yes!!! i would love to see a LMP1 zytek again, i have very fond memoried of the arena zytek 07S1 from silverstone last year and petit lemans, the noise of that car at petit was simply astonishing and it looked incredible at silverstone, so stable yet something seemed to make it look like it was more on the ragged edge than the other LMP1 cars, it looked more spectacular, like it was really being driven very hard as if the car was being driven on the ragged edge all the time, amazing.

were have these rumours of LNT going LMP1 with a zytek come from may i ask?
Old 9 Jul 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2247972)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah ..... Im hoping to see LNT going LMP1 with Zytek . Hope they can tempt Rob Bell back to the fold ..... where he should be , and "NOT" driving about in the wife's car , that F430 thing !!!

LNT had some brilliant drivers .
Old 9 Jul 2008, 16:59 (Ref:2248087)   #32
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
like it was really being driven very hard as if the car was being driven on the ragged edge all the time, amazing.
Probably something to do with the Chilton boys driving style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
were have these rumours of LNT going LMP1 with a zytek come from may i ask?
LNT now own or at least have a major share in Zytek, so the development route is two fold, a 4ltr V8 for the G50 and possibly the LMP2/1 program being run as well?
Old 9 Jul 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2248107)   #33
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Probably something to do with the Chilton boys driving style!

LNT now own or at least have a major share in Zytek, so the development route is two fold, a 4ltr V8 for the G50 and possibly the LMP2/1 program being run as well?
Any chance that the Ginetta 4ltr V8 would run in the LMP2 car next year? I know the current Zytek motor is very good but I'm sure it would be interesting to compare the two engines.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2248122)   #34
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe GT2 not LMP2!?

I'm sure thats what you meant and I wouldnt be suprised to see Lawrence and Richard campaigning it either and leaving the LMP2 Zytec for the young lads, TK-S and Danny Watts.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2248131)   #35
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Maybe GT2 not LMP2!?

I'm sure thats what you meant and I wouldnt be suprised to see Lawrence and Richard campaigning it either and leaving the LMP2 Zytec for the young lads, TK-S and Danny Watts.
No,I'm pretty sure he meant putting the production-based Ginetta-engine into the back of the LMP2. We've seen the performance of the production-based Aston-engine in P1, so maybe a production-based-engined P2 would also be quicker than its rivals under the current rules.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2248154)   #36
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Ah, true. misunderstood the implication there. Apologies.
Yes it would be interesting only it hasnt yet been put into the production G50. I'd be interested to see it too, IF it were possible. Needs to be homologated first me thinks?

ETA: The 4ltr Zytek is already being used in LMP2 as a thoroughbred race engine isnt it?
Old 9 Jul 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2248164)   #37
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21
Any chance that the Ginetta 4ltr V8 would run in the LMP2 car next year? I know the current Zytek motor is very good but I'm sure it would be interesting to compare the two engines.
The current Zytek 4.0L P-1 engine is being fitted into the Ginetta G-50 to become the OEM engine in the car. Tomlinson has purchased enough of Zytek (50% ??) to become equal partners with Bill Gibson in the venture. Tomlinson also stated LNT would (hopefully) be going P-1 racing as soon as PLM and Laguna, with the full 09 LMS season as the goal.

I do not see them, LNT, as running a P-2 as the Zytek Works team that they surely have become! Also is the fact that Tomlinson wanted a British engine in the G-50 production car and the Zytek was a good fit. IMO of course.

L.P.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2248165)   #38
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
The current Zytek 4.0L P-1 engine is being fitted into the Ginetta G-50 to become the OEM engine in the car. Tomlinson has purchased enough of Zytek (50% ??) to become equal partners with Bill Gibson in the venture. Tomlinson also stated LNT would (hopefully) be going P-1 racing as soon as PLM and Laguna, with the full 09 LMS season as the goal.
Wow, that could open a whole new can of worms. When the Zytek goes into the Ginetta and becomes the OEM engine, will it then be a production engine and hence receive the restrictor breaks??
I think not, but I guess it sucks for LNT that they aren't French....
Old 9 Jul 2008, 19:15 (Ref:2248174)   #39
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Wow, that could open a whole new can of worms. When the Zytek goes into the Ginetta and becomes the OEM engine, will it then be a production engine and hence receive the restrictor breaks??
I think not, but I guess it sucks for LNT that they aren't French....
Well currently the rules state GT-1 to P-1 and GT-2 to P-2. I really do not foresee the G-50 as being homologated as a GT-1 and I believe that LNT will enter as a P-1, so at this point I see no cross pollination so to speak!

L.P.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 19:54 (Ref:2248198)   #40
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Well currently the rules state GT-1 to P-1 and GT-2 to P-2. I really do not foresee the G-50 as being homologated as a GT-1 and I believe that LNT will enter as a P-1, so at this point I see no cross pollination so to speak!
L.P.
Ah, wanted to write that it sucks for Zytek (or their customers) instead of LNT.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2248218)   #41
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Ah, wanted to write that it sucks for Zytek (or their customers) instead of LNT.
Well if they can manage to tuck the 2ZG408 into at least 1000 Ginettas a year it should qualify as an OEM homologated engine and should be allowed the restrictors that any other would. Which would give the Zytek a 4.0L N/A engine for P-2 vs the 3.4L ZG348.

L.P.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2289069)   #42
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
With what came out of the ACO's press conference from Silverstone, it seems that this coming to fruition gains more importance for Zytek. If they wish to remain as an engine manufacturer that is eligible for P-2.

L.P.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2289076)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
With what came out of the ACO's press conference from Silverstone, it seems that this coming to fruition gains more importance for Zytek. If they wish to remain as an engine manufacturer that is eligible for P-2.

L.P.
They should put their current Zytek LMP2 engine in the Ginetta G50 GT2*...in 2011 they can put the GT2 engine of the Ginetta in a LMP2.

(*) Ginetta is owned by LNT, which is part-owner of Zytek. LNT have said they maybe convert the Ginetta G50 to a GT2.

Last edited by FIRE; 13 Sep 2008 at 16:54.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2289087)   #44
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are already planning a road going version of the G50 with the Zytek LMP1 engine in, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did this.