Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1035045)   #1
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TV and Radio coverage warnings

For those of you that don't already know, Motors TV are airing a new live show Tonight (Tuesday) at 8pm UK time.

"Motors Talk" is a forum style show where the audience is encouraged to interact with the guests and presenter. There's no barriers and no PR people so hopefully we will get to the real stories and the real answers.

The first guests are David Brabham, Matt Neal and Gary Paffett, the host is John Hindhaugh from Radio le Mans.

'Motors talk' show is on the air live at 8pm UK time tonight, David Brabham, Matt Neal and Garry Paffett join John Hindhaugh for an hour of 'full and frank discussion' on our favourite sport.

The telephone numebr to call if you have a question for any of the guests or an open point you would like discussing is; 0870 340 6034 lines open about an hour before the show.

hope you like it... the show has come about due to many conversations with fans along the lines of "why can't you do something like RLM or the old Radio Autosport on the Telly?" Thanks to Motors for giving us this opportunity - I hope you will support us!

John H
Old 13 Jul 2004, 11:33 (Ref:1035184)   #2
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!

wish I have Motors TV ...

please John, tell David how we (I, at least) like him
Old 13 Jul 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1035254)   #3
Porsche GT1
Rookie

Porsche GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b

wish I have Motors TV ...

please John, tell David how we (I, at least) like him
Same here

Stuck with speed
Old 13 Jul 2004, 12:48 (Ref:1035293)   #4
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be watching John and Good Luck!

Who knows, I might even have thought up a question by that time tonight!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1035321)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly, I'm with Porsche GT1 and Bernard......
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1035334)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know the feel Ayse. Oh I hate Telewest.....
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1035350)   #7
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
I'm planning to video the programme for a friend, maybe after he's watched it we could organise for the tape to be forwarded around other people from here?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:29 (Ref:1035368)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ill be watching, should be a great programme if it lives up to what it is supposed to be. Hopefully show the gimps over on ITV's "Speed Sunday" programme how things should be done!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:52 (Ref:1035530)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I noticed on the press release on Motors TV they say that the program will start properly from September.

They also state that the first hour of the show (from September) will be live on Motors TV, with a second hour exclusive to a new digital radio station that will also be available on Sky Digital.

I wonder if this new radio station will be the one that will cover RLM from next year. The Autosport LM preview magazine said that RLM would be on Sky Digital from next year.

Last edited by JAG; 13 Jul 2004 at 15:53.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 16:17 (Ref:1035560)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That new digital radio station was being plugged on RLM this year.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 17:04 (Ref:1035600)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by chocmonster7
I'm planning to video the programme for a friend, maybe after he's watched it we could organise for the tape to be forwarded around other people from here?

Nice idea chocmonster, but I can't condone it here for copyright reasons.......
Old 14 Jul 2004, 00:12 (Ref:1035963)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great show Hindy, shame about the technical glitches in the first half of the show but things got much better in the 2nd half Im sure most people here will agree. All in all I personally was very impressed, the studio didnt have the glitz that ITV's Speed sunday has unfortuantly. But on the plus side it didnt have a live audiance, and the guests on the show actually looked as though they wanted to be there!

All in all I was very impressed considering today was the first show, hopefully things will continue to get better as the programmes continue.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:05 (Ref:1036119)   #13
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Nice idea chocmonster, but I can't condone it here for copyright reasons.......
Sorry, should have known but I wasn't going to organise it via these boards rather via e-mail.

Anyway the programme after getting off to a shaky start, John looked to have a bit of trouble getting his brain around having to talk to a camera not just a microphone, got better and better. Especially liked the bit where Johnny Mowlem phoned in to have a words with Brabs about his driving tactics.

If I'd known that Matt Neal was at Croft yesterday I would have nipped up there to watch, I'm only 5 minutes away!
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:27 (Ref:1036126)   #14
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saleen;

many thanks for the comments and thanks for seeing beyond the technical difficulties. Just as we were going on air we lost power to the truck and our poor director and producer spent the first 10-15 mins trying to get everything back on line. My first taste of live Telly was a real baptism of fire! Fortunately we had good people and got beyond that...

Our 'set' was in fact one of Rockingham's hospitality boxes, we had planned to have their very swish presentation area stacked up with cars and other props but a late booking from Bridgestone put paid to that. However it's only fair to say it was never our intention to be tied to a studio. Future shows are planned from team workshops, drivers' homes, car showrooms, local pub and someone even mentioned my Gulf blue dining room!

To be honest we could probably do a whole 12 months of shows for what Speed Sunday spent on their set!

I think the good thing was that we proved the concept, the response on email and phone was huge, we had good callers - no nutters - good questions and we could have easily run another hour with what we had stacked up!

Let's just hope we can get the funding for the rest of the shows.

As for the radio that has been mentioned. I am in the process of setting up a Sky digital radio channel, infact it's running test transmissions now. The intention is to have a mix of music, motorsport, automotive news, car and bike tests, motorsport and live sporting events. Think Motors TV meets Auto Express running on Radio Le Mans.

The transmissions will also soon be available on the Internet, and once we have satisfied Sky we can sustain the service 365 days a year we expect to be generally available on the Sky Digital platfom no later than September.

WE are busy planning a glittering launch event of which more details later...the plan is to have it at a major sporting event with a live audience and to try and link it to another live edition of Motors Talk.

Fingers crossed! But I have to say it's very encouraging to know our efforts are appreciated.

Thanks again..

don't forget ALMS this Sunday from Infineon with Dale Junior of course, live on Motors Tv who will be linking with ALMS radio network coverage. If you don't have the dish then www.radiolemans.com will get you to the live audio and timing feed

JH

Last edited by hindy; 14 Jul 2004 at 08:30.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1036133)   #15
Schumi28
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands, Waarland
Schumi28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is the show only at the britisch MotorsTV?
#15 Lammers, Dyson & Kaneishi: the steady factor
#16 Coronel, Firman & Wilson: the Canon
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:49 (Ref:1036138)   #16
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I enjoyed it immensely...and don't worry I'm sure the nutters will arrive soon enough
Good luck on the radio front...I'm sure with the involvement of the various clubs and active websites around enough content could be gathered to keep you going through the season. In fact I could imagine a show like you are suggesting easily becoming a focus for the serious enthuisiast
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1036140)   #17
hindy
Racer

Schumi;

only in English at the moment and I think that simultaneous translation of my accent would be very difficult - even back to English!

John
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:53 (Ref:1036145)   #18
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John : There was a press announcement a couple of months ago that one of James Murdock's plans (endorsed by his father ) was this Autumn to introduce a sky freeview service .

You will need to buy a new dish and box at full price - about £150 then thereafter at no further cost you will receive 130 channels + radio.

As our man on the inside can you now reveal if "Motors" will be one of these channels and what other motoring/motorsport services we would be able to receive under this new free system.

I would imagine take up for this will be just huge and audience figures will go sky high so advertisers will get massive benefit.

Do you know the starting date ? ....and what else can you tell us, this latest show sounds just what we need.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:55 (Ref:1036148)   #19
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and how do you get a job with the station
Old 14 Jul 2004, 09:11 (Ref:1036161)   #20
hindy
Racer

The radio channel we are talking about will be free to air so if you have or get SKY+ or Sky Digital you will be able to access it via the EPG (electronic programme guide).

This is more than just a single show for us petrol heads it's a complete 24 -7 channel. Music, proper world news on the hour and all the other stuff you would expect form any other 'normal' radio station. It's just that all the features will be car or motorsport related. We will also be linking to - or broadcasting live from - major sporting events - effectively being the 'event radio' (like Radio le Mans or the ALMS Radio Newtwork) but also broadcasting via the Sky channel on Globecast radio and on the Internet...treble the coverage!

The idea is that once you tune in at home either on the 'net or on the dish you won't tune out!

Our test transmissions are proceeding at the moment and I will give you more news when I have it.

At the moment we have no budget for staff but hopefully that will change when we attract funding. I am always looking for programme/feature ideas and would be happy to hear from anyone who could help out with live reports from motorsport events. This is going to be community radio for the biggest community in the UK - the motorist and motorsport enthusist! And before you ask, expect to hear a DSC on the radio too. Remember I've already had the Ed on ALMS Radio Network at PLM!

As for the SKY 'Freeview' box - I'm not aware of these plans being progressed, it's really only the BBC who are pressing ahead (and financing) the free Digital revolution with the 'terrestrial' digital services already available. However I'm just about to go to London and have a meeting re our radio channel so I'll ask.

I do know that Motors Tv are working hard all the time to extend their broadcast platform. There are ongoing talks with a number of cable operators to attempt to add Motors TV to their package.

My suggestion - quite seriously - is to start a lobbying campaign to your local cable supplier and tell them to talk to Fred Viger at Motors.

Actually I bet if we could get enough people to lobby the 'Freeview' people we could get something moving there too. I know I would happily swap my Sky for Freeview if only so I wouldn't ever have to talk to Sky's useless service centre ever again!

Over to you guys

more later

JH

Last edited by hindy; 14 Jul 2004 at 09:16.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 09:22 (Ref:1036175)   #21
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
John is this going to be a pukka digital station, i.e. can be picked up by in-car digital radios etc. or just bound to the tv services?
Old 14 Jul 2004, 09:28 (Ref:1036178)   #22
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good show JH i'll be watchin or listenin when ever it's on and can book me translayter !! LOL.

Jase.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1036179)   #23
hindy
Racer

Paul; I wondered how long before anyone picked this up.

Officially we are only looking at the Sky platform and the Internet. However all the equipment we have was deliberately specified to be compatible with DAB 'over air' broadcasting. For example our music library is uncompressed so is GREAT quality which would translate to DAB easily.

I have to be honest and say we need to get the Sky platform up and running, prove the concept as it were, start attracting sponsors/advertisers. But as DAB multiplexes become more cost effective and available then who knows?

good thought though... great minds etc..

JH

Last edited by hindy; 14 Jul 2004 at 09:29.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 09:53 (Ref:1036197)   #24
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great Job last night, forget the teething troubles, it was still a great show. Good Luck with it all.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 10:11 (Ref:1036208)   #25
hindy
Racer

LC2

many thanks for the support... let Motors Tv know too!

JH