Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jul 2004, 20:43 (Ref:1043878)   #26
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about ascari and durango chassis too? were these ever offered for lease / sale???
Old 22 Jul 2004, 21:03 (Ref:1043892)   #27
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw for sale in Autosport a few months ago the Kremer Racing Lola B98/10 for sale - as a hybrid chassis. Never saw this advert again though and no price either, whether they still have it or not I don't know.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 22 Jul 2004, 23:59 (Ref:1044026)   #28
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, i have figured out the teams with reynards. to my knowlege there are 8 chassis out there (maybe 2 more, but they could have been used for crash testing)

here is the rundown:

2KQ #001- Oreca(LM2000)- then to Redman Bright(FIA SCC 2001)- then to Nasamax (current owner)
2KQ #002 - Robinson Racing(Grand Am 2000) - then to Barbour(2001) then to Goodard(2002 to present)
2KQ #003 - no idea for 2000 - then to Barbour(2001)- then to Goddard(current owner)
2KQ #004 - Johansson/Matthews (2000), dont know anything else
2KQ #005- Oreca(2000) then sold to collector in late 2003(i think)
2KQ #007- Johansse/Matthews (2000), dont know anything else
2KQ #008- ROC (2000-present)
2KQ #009- Roc (2000-2003) then Nasamax (2003 to present, for spare parts)

does anyone want me to do the same thing to another car? all i did was go through racingsportscars, and copy down chassis numbers. i collected a pretty good history list here.

Last edited by 19dodge; 23 Jul 2004 at 00:06.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 00:16 (Ref:1044032)   #29
19dodge
Veteran

thinking about it some more, i couldnt find any info on the Dyson Reynard that was at daytona in 2000. now, maybe that is chassis #006, or it could be #003 (he then would have sold it to Barbour)
Old 23 Jul 2004, 07:07 (Ref:1044202)   #30
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by simon c
what about ascari and durango chassis too? were these ever offered for lease / sale???
I don't remember ever seeing them advertised- there should be two Ascari chassis- believe they're still with Klaas Zwart.

Durango should presumably still have their cars- I think there are two chassis- the original ex-GMS car, and a new chassis that was supposed to appear last year but to the best of my knowledge never did
Old 23 Jul 2004, 08:01 (Ref:1044234)   #31
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Intersport had two B2K/10s and Taurus bought both - The third car is the ex Raffy Lola They doi not have a new chassis (that's still with Lola)

On the Owen/Smithson front I'm pretty sure the car was the ex Matthews Reynard
Old 23 Jul 2004, 08:46 (Ref:1044276)   #32
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Graham- I've just been trying to work the B2K/10's out, and you've answered my main query, over the third Taurus chassis.
What I've worked out so far having trawled around a few websites:

B2K/10 HU01- Rafanelli (Judd)- to Taurus for 2003 season- the Caterpillar diesel car at Monza and LM this year

HU02- Philip Creighton Motorsports (Ford)- was advertised for sale a number of times in Autosport around June/July 2002- Any offers on current whereabouts?

HU03- Champion (Porsche)- last seen with Pegasus Racing in late 2002 Grand-Am season- do they still have it?

HU04- Konrad Motorsports (Ford)- last raced by Konrad at Nurburgring FIASCC 2002 (DNS)- presumably still wih Franz Konrad?

HU05- Intersport (Judd)- now with Taurus- the Judd-engined car they've used this year at Sebring, Monza & LM

HU06- Intersport (Judd) now with Taurus

presumably HU07- the new chassis mentioned by Graham- still at the Lola factory

Anyone able to add anything to fill in the gaps?

Last edited by KA; 23 Jul 2004 at 08:53.
Old 23 Jul 2004, 15:22 (Ref:1044768)   #33
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks, KA....

Excellent summary of the possible whereabouts of these Lolas....

and thanks for the "correct" info on which ones are in the Taurus stable, graham goodwin....

accurate info is the best info....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Jul 2004, 15:37 (Ref:1044792)   #34
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The source for the Taurus info btw was Ian Dawson at Sebring this year.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 15:02 (Ref:1047837)   #35
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
While we are at it, are any of the manufacturers above likely/able to make new versions of these cars? If I turned up at Lola with a suitcase full of money and said to Martin Birrane "I'd like a brand-new B2K/10, please", could he oblige?
Old 26 Jul 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1047933)   #36
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
I'd guess they'd be rather more interested in pushing prospective customers in the direction of their new LMP2 (of which an LMP1 version is possible)
Old 26 Jul 2004, 17:52 (Ref:1048005)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Perhaps Lola was a bad example. What if I wanted to buy a Mk IIIC from Riley?
Old 26 Jul 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1048264)   #38
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
OK, I've done a little digging. Forgive me if some of this repeats other stuff in this or another thread, but my brain is pretty worn out.

Crawford SSC2K

There only seems to have been one example of this, #001, which was never homologated by the ACO. It was raced by Kevin Doran's team at Daytona in 2001 and at (at least) one more Grand Am race, then at Daytona in 2002 by the factory. Rob Dyson raced it later in 2002 in Grand Am (at Virginia) and I don't think it has appeared since then. It had/has a Judd GV4.

Panoz LMP07

There are/were at least three of these. In 2001, the Panoz factory raced #01 and #02 at Sebring, Donington Park and Le Mans with 4-litre Elan V8s before shelving them after disappointing results.

At Sebring in 2002, MBD Sportscar Team (an ill-starred joint venture between Multimatic, Dick Barbour and Bruno Lambert) raced #02 and #03 with 4-litre Mugen Honda V8s. They appeared again at Le Mans and the ALMS rounds at Mid-Ohio and Trois Rivieres, before being shelved, MBD falling apart and Multimatic moving into Daytona Prototypes for 2003.

Riley & Scott Mk IIIC

Here other may know more than I. There are, I assume, at least five cars, of which I can only find trace of three.

#01-002 was raced by Dyson at Sebring in 2001 with a 5.6-litre Lincoln-badged V8. It appeared again in the ALMS at Mosport, Mid-Ohio and Petit Le Mans with a 6-litre Lincoln block. Now it gets tricky. According to my sources, the same chassis, #01-002, appeared at Daytona in 2002 with Robinson Racing, now sporting a Judd GV4. I assumed that this was the car which Robinson substantially altered and which did not receive ACO homologation. BUT #01-002 is also supposedly the car raced by American Spirit Racing in 2003, with a 5-litre Lincoln engine, and by AutoCon at Sebring this year with a 6-litre Lincoln. Help! Did Robinson Racing buy two cars, modify one, and sell the other to American Spirit, or was the Robinson car a different chassis (#01-003?) and did American Spirit buy their car from Dyson?

#01-004 was raced at Daytona in 2002 by Jim Matthews and the Riley & Scott factory, powered by a 6-litre Elan-tuned Ford V8. It appeared again at Sebring, Le Mans and Petit Le Mans, before, I think, being sold to Jon Field.

#01-005 became the works/Jim Matthews car for 2003, appearing, this time with a Yates-tuned engine, at Sebring and Le Mans. It was sold to Jon Field and raced at Petit Le Mans last year with an Elan 6-litre V8, also appearing at the Le Mans 1000 Kilometres and Sebring earlier this year. This, then, is presumably the second car which Jon Field has.

So what happened to #01-001, #01-003 and any other numbers? Contributions gratefully received.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1049188)   #39
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Some info on the Panoz LMP Roadsters.

#01 was a factory car during 1999, the first year of the car's competition, and was originally fitted with a Ford V8. In 2000, it passed to TV Asahi Team Dragon for Le Mans, where it sported an Elan/Roush-tuned engine. The following year, 2001, Lanesra ran it during the Most round of the ELMS. At Sebring in 2002 it appeared in the hands of Gunnar Racing.

#002 was the second factory car during 1999. In 2000, it was sold to John Nielsen's Team Den Bla Avis to run in the SportsRacing World Cup, where it grew a full-width roll hoop and gained an Elan/Roush engine. It also appeared in his hands at Le Mans in 2000. I can find no trace of #002 after that year.

#003 seems not to have hit the race track until Le Mans in 2002, when DAMS ran it as one of the camera cars for the Michel Vaillant film.

#004 was one of the factory cars in the ALMS in 2000, and passed to Westward Racing for the first ELMS race in 2001; it was also provisionally entered for Le Mans by "Westward Racing Group/Lanesra", but did not arrive. From the Mosport round of the ALMS onwards, it was taken back by the factory after the shelving of the LMP07. I can't find any sign of it since the close of the 2001 season.

#005 was the second factory car in 2000, and was wheeled out again in the ALMS in 2001 after the LMP07 was abandoned. It continued as a factory entry in 2002, and was entered in the ALMS and at Le Mans by the semi-works JML team in 2003.

#006 was the second TV Asahi Team Dragon entry at Le Mans in 2000.

#007 was raced by the factory in 2002 (replacing #004).

#008 replaced #007 during the 2002 ALMS, and continued in 2003 as one of the JML entries.

I also found records of three other cars for which I couldn't find chassis numbers, so they may be the same as some of those above:

In 2000, David Price Racing and Team Goh entered a car for Le Mans, but then did not arrive.

In 2001, Westward Racing Group/Lanesra entered a second car for Le Mans which did not arrive.

In 2002, Ray Mallock Ltd entered a car for Le Mans which did not arrive.

Anyone able to fill in the blanks?
Old 27 Jul 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1049200)   #40
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chassis 001 is for sale on 962.com for $550,000. It's tough to say if these cars were sold, or rented/leased out. I tend to think that most of these smaller teams leased or rented them and never actually owned them. I may be wrong though. It's tough to know for sure when dealing with the factory cars.

Last edited by jhansen; 27 Jul 2004 at 20:53.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 21:15 (Ref:1049226)   #41
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know just enough about the R&S to be dangerous, but here is a possible accounting for the various chassis....

001 could have been the car that they had to crash test with the FIA to get the car homologated so that they could sell them...

Did Dyson buy two cars????

If he did, 002 could still be the car that was sold to American Spirit, and then to AutoCon

the Dyson 003 could be a chassis his sold to Robinson, who then revised it....

or visa versa....

or Robinson could have bought 003 outright from R&S, then revised it with Dyson buying only one car...

004 and 005 would be the Matthews cars that now reside with Intersport....

Now that Rily & Scott is now "Riley Technologies" they are supposedly building a new site....

A contact that I had there seems to have left their operation....I just tried to e-mail him and the correspondence kicked back to me...

At least these are the possibilities as I see them, and at least it accounts for five chassis....

But I don't know for sure on this issue, so lable this as "speculation"

Old 27 Jul 2004, 21:19 (Ref:1049232)   #42
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
One added note:

I do know that Dyson sold his MkIIIC to American Spirit...and that car was sold to AutoCon last fall....

We also know that the Matthews cars were bought by Intersport...

The question would be where Robinson got his car from....and whether his was 002 or 003

I believe that 001 would have had to be the crash-test car to get approval from the FIA...

Old 27 Jul 2004, 21:47 (Ref:1049252)   #43
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was also a Panoz LMP Roadster at Petit Le Mans in 1999 entered by Konrad motorsport but I cannot find any info about the chassis number, my guess would be that it was just loaned to Konrad for that race perhaps.

Heres a pic of the car; http://www.endurancesportscar.com/photo/konrdpara.jpg

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 27 Jul 2004, 21:52 (Ref:1049255)   #44
19dodge
Veteran

yes, i believe it was a car leased to Konrad. Notice the American flag on it too (Konrad Motorsport is German)