Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Jun 2003, 12:42 (Ref:621707)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Girl Power

Is the Stretton/Templeton/Butler-Henderson Viper running in British GTs at the moment operated or backed by Chamberlain Engineering? I seem to remember seeing the initials CMS somewhere. And is this Hugh Chamberlain's outfit, or the Jack Cunningham-owned crew?

In fact, could someone give me a quick run-down on what the hell's happened to "Chamberlain" over the last five or six years? It's all very confusing.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 12:55 (Ref:621727)   #2
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea, i dont understand some of it either. Chamberlain is helping run the TVR's at LM. As well as helping the Kondo Team?

i think Hugh Chamberlain left CMS, and he is now helping out other teams.

but i guess theres still a CMS, because the Factory MG Programme was run by CMS.

very confusing.. can someone help us out? lol
Old 5 Jun 2003, 12:57 (Ref:621733)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I recall correctly there is Hugh Chamberlain, and there is Chamberlain MotorSport. When the two split, Hugh tried to keep the name but was unable (I can't recall the reasons).
Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:00 (Ref:621912)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
CMS Race Tech is Jack Cunninghams outfit - Hugh Chamberlain is not involved with it.

CMS will be at LM helping out Intersport
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:17 (Ref:622047)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Right. But do they run the Girl Power Viper?

And is it CMS or Hugh Chamberlain who have an MG-Lola which might be campaigned in the SCC later in the year, having missed a Le Mans entry?

You see why I'm confused...

Last edited by BSchneiderFan; 5 Jun 2003 at 17:18.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:26 (Ref:622057)   #6
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Right. But do they run the Girl Power Viper?
CMS/Jack Cunningham run the Girl Power Viper

Quote:
[i]And is it CMS or Hugh Chamberlain who have an MG-Lola which might be campaigned in the SCC later in the year, having missed a Le Mans entry?[/B]
I'd guess Hugh but I don't know at all - you'll need that nice Mr Goodwin for this one!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 08:16 (Ref:622607)   #7
Sid The Manager
Racer

Sid The Manager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I know
CMS = Jack Cunningham et al running from the old Chamberlain workshops at Buntingford.
They run the Girl Power Viper.
They ran the works MG Lolas 2001 / 2
They are working with Intersport at Le Mans this year.

The two works MG Lolas seemed to go from CMS to Ray Mallock, but didn't run as private entries due to lack of funds.