Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 May 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2684216)   #1
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WRC Rally New Zealand - Auckland New Zealand

WRC Rally New Zealand - Auckland New Zealand

Total Kms : 1496.51 km
Liaison : 1100.01 km
SS Kms : 396.50 km
Special Stages : 21

Friday 07.05 > 9 stages (159.18 km)
Saturday 08.05 > 8 stages (155.62 km)
Sunday 09.05 > 4 stages (81.70 km)

Home Page > http://www.rallynz.org.nz/
Itinerary > http://www.rallynz.org.nz/media/2010...pendix-1-2.pdf
Entry List > http://www.rallynz.org.nz/media/2010...val-8-4-10.pdf
Rally Guide > http://www.rallynz.org.nz/media/2010...ide-2-2010.pdf

Citroen preview > http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...=366128&FS=WRC
Ford preview > http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...=366130&FS=WRC
Citroen Jr preview > http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...=366129&FS=WRC
Stobart preview > http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...=366131&FS=WRC
Munchi's preview > http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...=366132&FS=WRC
Petter Solberg preview > http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...=366500&FS=WRC

Championship Standings

1. Sebastien Loeb (FRA) > 93
2. Petter Solberg (N) > 53
3. Mikko Hirvonen (FIN) > 52
4. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) > 47
5. Sebastien Ogier (FRA) > 45
6. Dani Sordo (ESP) > 24
7. Matthew Wilson (GBR) > 22
8. Federico Villagra (ARG) > 20
9. Henning Solberg (N) > 18
10. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) > 14
Old 8 May 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2686697)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I'd confess I'm not the biggest rally fan,but they have live coverage on TV here,helicopter following the cars through the stages,and its certainally a good excuse to sit infront of the telly for the weekend..
Old 8 May 2010, 23:44 (Ref:2686732)   #3
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Drama,Solberg hits a power pole and brings the power wires down on the road on the final stage..
Old 9 May 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2687610)   #4
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WRC Rally New Zealand - Results

1. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) > Ford Focus > 4:04:09.8 (+0:00.0)
2. Sebastien Ogier (FRA) > Citroen C4 > 4:04:12.2 (+0:02.4)
3. Sebastien Loeb (FRA) > Citroen C4 > 4:04:25.0 (+0:15.2)
4. Mikko Hirvonen (FIN) > Ford Focus > 4:04:31.1 (+0:21.3)
5. Dani Sordo (ESP) > Citroen C4 > 4:04:35.6 (+0:25.8)
6. Matthew Wilson (GBR) > Ford Focus > 4:07:35.8 (+3:26.0)
7. Henning Solberg (N) > Ford Focus > 4:10:25.1 (+6:15.3)
8. Jari Ketomaa (FIN) > Ford Fiesta > 4:14:29.1 (+10:19.3)
9. Federico Villagra (ARG) > Ford Focus > 4:14:59.6 (+10:49.8)
10. Xavier Pons (ESP) > Ford Fiesta > 4:15:23.2 (+11:13.4)
DNF. Petter Solberg (N) > Citroen C4 > SS21 - off road

> nice win for Latvala; top 5 very close
> rare mistakes and an incredible chase from Loeb; Hirvonen off song
> bad luck for Ogier and Petter Solberg on the final stage
> press conference > http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre..._conf_nz2.aspx

Championship Standings

1. Sebastien Loeb (FRA) > 108
2. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) > 72
3. Mikko Hirvonen (FIN) > 64
4. Sebastien Ogier (FRA) > 63
5. Petter Solberg (N) > 53
6. Dani Sordo (ESP) > 34
7. Matthew Wilson (GBR) > 30
8. Henning Solberg (N) > 24
9. Federico Villagra (ARG) > 22
10. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) > 14
Old 10 May 2010, 07:44 (Ref:2687728)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Very close at the top (makes a nice change), good to see Latvala take the win but we could have done with Hirvonen being in front of Loeb as well really.
Old 10 May 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2687781)   #6
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To any Kiwis reading this. Was anyone else also embarrased by the dick heads TV3 had doing the commentary on the event? I thought they had given Clint Brown the boot after his drunken stoush at a nightclub. This guy is an idiot, and his poor attempts at humour just had me cringing (the faux French accents etc. ) As for Marty Roestenberg, although a good rally driver does not make the grade as a TV presenter either. And then there was Darcy Waldegrave at the finish ramp, well that just made me cringe.

TV3 please get rid of these idiots and replace them with people with a bit more intelligence, the only exception I have seen was Rob Cheeseman, who was from the Breakfast TV programme. Good humoured and professional.
Old 10 May 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2687809)   #7
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
It was good to get live coverage,although they had to fill in the gaps every time the helicopter turned around and and back tracked.Maybe next time they can get more helicopters,its the first time I've ever sat down and watched a rally live.
Old 11 May 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2688620)   #8
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Very close at the top (makes a nice change), good to see Latvala take the win but we could have done with Hirvonen being in front of Loeb as well really.
What was the issue with Mikko? Car/setup trouble? To this armchair enthusiast, he didn't seem to be himself for some reason.

I reckon Loeb should be made to start with a time penalty on each rally because when he really really has to work hard, he looks quite spectacular on the absolute limit. I like the attacking style. I think with what we saw from day 2, we could say that he has been driving well within himself for the last couple of years only except on a handful of occasions. When he really has to put pedal to metal, he is in a different league I'm afraid. Odd to see a few incidents and mistakes from him though, I guess that proves there is a limit to how long you can drive at the limit and sustain it.

Ogier's nerves got to him and it cost him (I doubt we will ever find out what the incident with his co-driver was really about), just missing out by 2 and a bit seconds. Sordo must be really watching over his shoulder now. Best start looking for some Telefonica sponsorship to run a priviteer car soon Dani.

It would be nice to see some more camera shots from outside but I guess this is logistically difficult to do not to mention costly.
Old 13 May 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2689875)   #9
andrew27
Rookie

andrew27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
needing a british driver to get behind and a team as well

Nice to see latvala do well, but still feel he is taking that seat up that a better driver like Solberg, Meeke or even Wilks could have and probably do better. ford seem to employ the wrong drivers look at the stobart team i now Malcom is going to give his lad a chance but how may years they going to give him.

That is the differance between citrion and ford. Citrion make the right disissions when it comes to tactics and employing drivers. I think Ford have to look into doing the same if they want to compete with them because even there junior team is on the brink of winning are the stobart team no.

Come on malcom sort it out we need a british team and driver to get behind.

What is everyone elses views on this.

andrew
Old 14 May 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2690224)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew27 View Post
Nice to see latvala do well, but still feel he is taking that seat up that a better driver like Solberg, Meeke or even Wilks could have and probably do better. ford seem to employ the wrong drivers look at the stobart team i now Malcom is going to give his lad a chance but how may years they going to give him.

That is the differance between citrion and ford. Citrion make the right disissions when it comes to tactics and employing drivers. I think Ford have to look into doing the same if they want to compete with them because even there junior team is on the brink of winning are the stobart team no.

Come on malcom sort it out we need a british team and driver to get behind.

What is everyone elses views on this.

andrew
Welcome to ten-tenths Andrew Interesting first post

I think Ford have done the right thing with Latvala - they ran him in the junior team then stepped him up to the full works team. Last year they could have dropped him when he was throwing it off the road but they stuck with him (and rightly so in my view). There's no denying he's quick (he's been quick throughout the ranks) and with experience hopefully he'll be more consistent. I think he may actually be a better driver than Hirvonen.

I agree that Solberg, Meeke or Wilks would be a better bet in the Stobart car though - I think Matt has had enough time in that car now and he's not really showing any improvement. Latvala has the speed and makes mistakes, Matt doesn't make the mistakes but doesn't have the speed.

Citroen have certainly got some good drivers on board - I think Oigier may well be a better bet long term than Sordo although I thought Dani showed an improvement last year. Kimi is there for the headlines rather than the pace, in terms of results Citroen would be better off with somone like Meeke.