Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Sep 2001, 23:30 (Ref:145859)   #26
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooooh school uniform?! WoodyTJ was suggesting we go in some sort of costume to Brands... End-of-term and all!!!

Either that or I could use my Sainsbury's clobber...

Last edited by Minardi fan; 13 Sep 2001 at 23:31.
Old 13 Sep 2001, 23:40 (Ref:145863)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
uh-oh... no school uniform... i look VERY dodgy in a skirt. kind of like a rugby player in drag....
Old 13 Sep 2001, 23:42 (Ref:145865)   #28
AlrightTreacle?
Rookie

AlrightTreacle? should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm....MF in Sainsbury's gear or Bella in anything she chooses to wear. Tough decision
Old 14 Sep 2001, 18:24 (Ref:146164)   #29
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one am struggling to choose a preference.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 00:01 (Ref:146346)   #30
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have booked the Monday off work - I need a day off anyway with the upgrade project in full swing.

I am going to try and get the Friday afternoon off work to travel down, Woody. If I can't cos project will still be in full swing [sigh] then I'll travel down straight after work at 5pm. Being responsible person in work has it's downfalls!

Suzy - I will be leaving from Milton Keynes around 1pm'ish - still to be totally decided, on the Friday, if that time suits, yell and I can make a little diversion to Oxford - but remember that I will not be travelling back up until Monday sometime when feel well enough to drive! The choice is yours as agenda for the weekend is... once parked up on Friday, car does not move, wine/vodka, etc down neck, drive home Monday probably still over the limit.

Woody! Chat about this costume lark! I don't want a repeat of last year at Silverstone please that I thought you were going to bottle out of last minute!!!

Bella - short skirt, opaque tights and some long boots - what's the problem??? Your own perception is not always others

It's gonna be an excellent end of season
Old 15 Sep 2001, 13:48 (Ref:146512)   #31
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've decided to tell them at college that I have to come home for the weekend and so will miss the first Monday of term. I'm going to need it to recover.

Last edited by Minardi fan; 15 Sep 2001 at 13:48.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 21:28 (Ref:147180)   #32
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You realise of course that being an old fart, the mention of school uniforms does wonders for a premature heart attack?

Needless to say, I will be there Saturday and Sunday though Lord knows where yet. Probably Post 5 or 6 again as it now seems to be becoming my home.

I'll miss the festivities as I don't live too far away and drive their and back each day, but would welcome seeing anyone who wants to leg it round the track, looking for an aged marshal wearing red Nike trainers (sorry Redshoes).

Have a ball of a weekend and see you all soon!!!
Old 17 Sep 2001, 20:29 (Ref:147582)   #33
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I ended up getting stuck on post 7 at the bottom of Graham Hill so didn't get the chance to wander around to meet anyone. No lunch break either (rubs rather fat tummy) so had to scoff large quantities of home made sarnies. Anyone going to be there again in two weeks for the Caterham Festival? Last year it was a cracking weekend!
Old 18 Sep 2001, 14:35 (Ref:147864)   #34
jonboyG
Racer

jonboyG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm going along on the sunday. Dave and I will keep an eye out for the ten tenths banners/inflatables etc.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 15:37 (Ref:147893)   #35
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'll be there on the Sunday as well so look out for the marshal in red trainers (assuming it's not pouring with rain that is!)
Old 18 Sep 2001, 18:09 (Ref:147970)   #36
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Well Stephen, in that case, weather permitting, I might have to dig out the crimson footwear as well.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 18:57 (Ref:147986)   #37
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Redshoes-racing meets Redshoes-marshalling.. That could be entertaining
Old 18 Sep 2001, 20:24 (Ref:148044)   #38
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
Woody! Chat about this costume lark
It was a suggestion I made to a couple of the group at Silverstone. I just thought it would be fun to do something nice for the end of season .... to cheer us all up . All sensible suggestions welcome!

Also remember with it being Brands ... the general public does NOT have access to the paddock ... so its looks like we will won't be able to accept John's kind hospitality - excellent end to the season.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 20:46 (Ref:148058)   #39
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Just a thought, last time at Brands B&Q were religated to the support paddock, which IS open to the public.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 20:58 (Ref:148070)   #40
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Redshoes I suspect we would make a fine pair if we were seen together!

Everyone apart from the super tourers and the nationals are usually in the main paddock for TOCA meetings. If not, maybe I can scrounge a few tickets and pass them discreetly about the place?

Anyone for a dance?
Old 18 Sep 2001, 21:07 (Ref:148076)   #41
Invader
Veteran

I have decided that I will turn up dressed as Joanna Clarke.
I won't look too unusual but it'll work wonders for my sex life....just need to watch out for groupies!
Old 18 Sep 2001, 21:22 (Ref:148082)   #42
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Invader
Sounds about normal for you Invader! Joanna/John B&Q ... can we make please, please make this happen ..... we all need a good laugh to cheer us up right now .
Old 19 Sep 2001, 22:46 (Ref:148519)   #43
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Invader
I won't look too unusual but it'll work wonders for my sex life....just need to watch out for groupies!
Do you want loads of men after you Invader?
Old 20 Sep 2001, 00:25 (Ref:148540)   #44
Invader
Veteran

Erm, someone must have my user ID and password....I didn't type that.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 07:44 (Ref:148595)   #45
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Still, it would make an amusing end to the season Invader
Old 20 Sep 2001, 08:10 (Ref:148599)   #46
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone want a couple of tickets ? Let me know - first come first served and/or best sob story - rgds Jos
Old 20 Sep 2001, 11:51 (Ref:148636)   #47
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Anyone know what John B+Q will be wearing this time?
Old 20 Sep 2001, 15:13 (Ref:148707)   #48
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
We could certainly put them to good use, Jos... how much ?
Old 20 Sep 2001, 19:55 (Ref:148829)   #49
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
dave, don't forget your coconuts
Old 20 Sep 2001, 20:36 (Ref:148853)   #50
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Grim news from deepest Kent. I have committed the cardinal sin of booking a late break holiday to the Canary Islands. Leaving the Uk on the 4th October and returning on the 11th.

Suddenly I remembered that it clashed with the TOCA meeting, by that time Virgin Holidays had debited my overworked credit card.

Someone throw me a bucket, I need to cry.....