Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Mar 2002, 15:29 (Ref:232851)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Here they are : the new Panozes !

I think I'll turn crazy before 6th of May... here they are on Maison Blanche :
http://www.maisonblanche.co.uk/nw110302.html
the Gunnar' Panoz in battledress (B17 flying fortress) and the real Panoz (not a draw but a picture !!!!!!) on the same place.......

I'm gonna colapse ! Please mister postman, joint the sound to the livery !!! Why am I stuck here instaed of Sebring

Last edited by Fab; 11 Mar 2002 at 15:30.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 15:45 (Ref:232857)   #2
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The color scheme is cool, but I am disappointed they do not have an all new car as was rumored. I am afraid we are in for another Audi blitzkreig. Panoz is the only team to offer them any resistance at all, but Audi will surely have made a bunch of progress while Panoz just runs the same old car.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 16:55 (Ref:232904)   #3
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
The color scheme is cool, but I am disappointed they do not have an all new car as was rumored. I am afraid we are in for another Audi blitzkreig. Panoz is the only team to offer them any resistance at all, but Audi will surely have made a bunch of progress while Panoz just runs the same old car.
Don't be too sure of that. Bryan Herta reports that the car is 1.5 seconds faster at Road Atlanta than last year (where they were only .114 off pole and .050 off the second Audi) and that is due to the front aero. The car is to have a new rear wing configuration and paddle shifting (reliable) before the Le Mans test days.

Bob

Bob
Old 11 Mar 2002, 19:17 (Ref:232976)   #4
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The paintwork is fine, but the fake guns are just peurile. They're not racing with them are they?
Old 11 Mar 2002, 20:43 (Ref:233062)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
The paintwork is fine, but the fake guns are just peurile. They're not racing with them are they?
No they can't; they are just propped up in the air intakes; they'd block the restrictors, and fall off, and what not. We have had quite a lengthy discussion over on...ahem well, somewhere else on this; and bottom line is, some find the idea cool, some (including me) find it not-so-cool and as you say, childish - but lots of people think that tribute or no tribute, the whole thing serves as a Gunnar Jeannette promotion stunt more than anything else. Does he need that?
Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:15 (Ref:233088)   #6
Osella
Veteran

Promotion is a fine thing but its effectiveness is enhanced further either by innate coolness or dumbness. They chose the latter IMNSHO
It's the old irony chestnut rearing it's ugly head again I'm afraid.
MiG-99, that's irony...

Last edited by Osella; 11 Mar 2002 at 21:20.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:20 (Ref:233093)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
Promotion is a fine thing but its effectiveness is enhanced further either by innate coolness or dumbness. They chose the latter IMNSHO
No big deal - I do that every day

...IMNSHO, that's not a U.N. peacekeeping mission somewhere, is it?
Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:31 (Ref:233102)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
I am afraid we are in for another Audi blitzkreig.
Well, probably. But I have high hopes for Cadillac this time around. Also keep an eye on ORECA's progress over in the FIA series; they will be at Le Mans with their Dallara-Judds, and if things go well, they may take in a few post-LM ALMS rounds.

Any bets on the R&S Mk.IIIC posing a surprise challenge to the R8?

Last edited by cybersdorf; 11 Mar 2002 at 21:32.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:33 (Ref:233105)   #9
Osella
Veteran

lol
Old 11 Mar 2002, 22:42 (Ref:233179)   #10
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Jim Matthews R&S Elan? Well, it's arguably the best of the rest, and should put up a good fight against the FIA and the other Grand-Am teams. But they don't have a prayer against the big huge Audi and Cadillac factory efforts, or the Panoz and MG efforts. It's still essentially a kit car, which I _really_ respect. But that approach doesn't win big-time races. The Panoz guys have been testing all winter, the MG, Audi and Cadillac cars are light years ahead technologically... Does Jim even have a confirmed third driver? IRL and NASCAR drivers are essentially forbidden from competing in IMSA, so Scott and Robby are probably out.

All that said, I _hope_ they go out and kick some serious ass!
Old 11 Mar 2002, 22:51 (Ref:233182)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
(...I should have added a ""...)
Old 12 Mar 2002, 06:28 (Ref:233331)   #12
mudshark
Rookie

Germany
Presently Munich, Germany
mudshark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I´m thinking like you Cybersdorf, hoping that the Caddies can get on the Podium this year. Don´t think they can get on the top step but a second or third would be good for the team. It´s about time they produce some positive results. Anyone know Cadillacs plans after LeMans?
:confused:
Old 12 Mar 2002, 06:44 (Ref:233336)   #13
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by mudshark
Anyone know Cadillacs plans after LeMans?
:confused:
announce the participation in "selected ALMS events, do some secret testing, then retire
Old 12 Mar 2002, 07:12 (Ref:233343)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Are they efficient ?

The new shape of the Cads looks great, but are they efficient and fast ? Any news about their performances ?

I was very disapointed by the giving up of Chrysler : they were great last year (except a painting a little bit sad)... and we could expect for more this year... and nothing...

I'm afraid that Cad lost courage : too much opposition...

Last edited by Fab; 12 Mar 2002 at 07:13.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 07:32 (Ref:233349)   #15
mudshark
Rookie

Germany
I was also very disappointed that Chrysler threw in the towel so soon. To bad that they could not of given the program another year or two. I guess that with the financial situation at Daimler Chrysler, another year was not the wise thing to do.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 07:39 (Ref:233351)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Hey Mudshark !

Hey Mudshark, I just noticed you're from München !

My best pal is living here, he's got the purple cab Porsche I posted in the thread "Le Mans - How are you doing"...

Pretty common car in München I admit, and enormous town anyway, but maybe you'll meet him somewhere in the streets !

I go with him to prequal and the race too !

Do you come this year ?
Old 12 Mar 2002, 09:03 (Ref:233373)   #17
mudshark
Rookie

Germany
Fab, your right Porsches in Munich are very common, but purple ones are a bit rare even here. I will keep my eye opened for your friend. In case I do not run into him, maybe we will get together at the race this year, I´m camping at Maison Blanche, usually near the Welsh guys (PM, Griff, AJ, and Mrs. Doubtfire). Does your Munich friend go to PQ? I would like to go, but would like to have a co-driver.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 21:54 (Ref:233836)   #18
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great looking cars. I can't wait to see them in the 2002 colours.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 06:14 (Ref:234015)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The Porsche is full !

Quote:
Originally posted by mudshark
Does your Munich friend go to PQ? I would like to go, but would like to have a co-driver.
Sorry Mudshark, he comes indeed at prequal but the Porsche is full ! He comes back in France with his... mother - good son ! - who have to take care of the nephews on the see side... and we go back - his mother stay in Nantes - by the Bourgogne to buy wine - Where the hell could we put the bottles in the car :confused: ?

Hope we'll meet in Maison Blanche with PM, we promissed to meet this year - missed all my dates last year with the pouring rain - what pouring rain ?

Hope to see you all the same at prequal !

Last edited by Fab; 13 Mar 2002 at 06:15.