Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Oct 2002, 18:47 (Ref:417731)   #1
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le MansTech Averages

Where can I find a list of the Le Mans "Tech Average" for car weight?

Particularly 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998;

Although 1999 and 2000 would also be good.

Would Really Love some help with this one... although I know it may be hard to get.

Does anyone have it in the year books? (If its in there..)

Cheers,
Splatz.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 18:50 (Ref:417736)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Le MansTech Averages

Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow
Where can I find a list of the Le Mans "Tech Average" for car weight?

Splatz.

Sorry Splatz, I'm a dunce on these things - what exactly do you mean by "Tech Average"?
Old 30 Oct 2002, 18:52 (Ref:417739)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have the 98 and 00 year books but cannot see anything like 'tech averages' in them

Simon
Old 30 Oct 2002, 18:52 (Ref:417740)   #4
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
G'Day Ayse!

I refer to the weight that's record at the scrutineering weigh-in at LM.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 18:57 (Ref:417744)   #5
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for checking SL.

Seems I may be barking up the wrong tree....

Sometimes though when you see a cars spec sheet it gives the weight as eg. McLaren; weight 1061kg (Le Mans Tech Avge)

Don't know if that helps you though.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 21:07 (Ref:417839)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Splatz, the media list that the ACO produces between practice and raceday shows the weights of the cars - I presume as weighed at scrutineering, but I could be wrong.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 21:12 (Ref:417844)   #7
SL
Veteran

Now with you, you want the weighed in weights of all the cars. That IS in the year books.

I thought you were after some speed / weight thing which is shown as a small graph in the 2000 issue.

Can do...78 79 98 00 87 90 92 from current year books, assume that all are listed, without checking.

Simon
Old 31 Oct 2002, 12:18 (Ref:418348)   #8
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
I simply calculate the tech average weight by adding up all the cars of the same make and dividing by the number of cars...I get the info out of the ACO's Le Mans annual. The ACO annual's publish the tech dimensions (length, width, wheelbase, overhangs) and weights of all the cars racing (LMP, LM-GTP, GTS, GT).

Last edited by MulsanneMike; 31 Oct 2002 at 12:20.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 17:49 (Ref:418684)   #9
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Oh, Dear God! This is exactly what I'm after... and I've heard its pretty hard to get a hold of them.

Thanks team. Good job as always with the responses, I appreciate that you posted so quickly.

Specs I'm after are Weights basically but Power, Torque, and Top Speed would be good too.

I'm mainly intersted in the GT1 & Prototype cars from LM - years 95, 96, 97, 98 ,99 ,00, 01, 02. Top of my wish list is to get 96 and 97. Followed closely by 98 and 95.

Although the GTS weights would be cool too.

Does this mean I have to buy the Annuals?

Can this info be got from the ACO site? I haven't seen it there before.

I'm slowly getting there....

PS thanks MMike, I've enjoyed you're site for ages (and yours to Aysedasi ), and have often gone to these sites for reference - hence your term Tech Average.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 18:58 (Ref:418721)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow

Can this info be got from the ACO site? I haven't seen it there before.
I doubt it very much!

Quote:

PS thanks MMike, I've enjoyed you're site for ages (and yours to Aysedasi ), and have often gone to these sites for reference - hence your term Tech Average.
Thanks Splatz.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 22:29 (Ref:418928)   #11
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, the ACO website doesn't have that info to my knowledge. I typically get the annuals as a Christmas gift, and it usually gets delivered to me by January (hence I haven't yet posted the 2002 trap speeds, etc.). That's the other thing the annual has, top speeds at Le Mans. Very useful those annuals are. Glad you like the site.

Mike

Last edited by MulsanneMike; 31 Oct 2002 at 22:31.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:14 (Ref:419635)   #12
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Actually the ACO has some of the weights up for the 2002 cars on their site. Just nothing from previous years (maybe its just for members.)

The 2001 Annual was over A$100 here in Australia - bout 30-40 pounds I guess - does that seem a reasonable price...?

I thought its a bit expensive given I already knew what happened but know I see there is a lot of stuff in there which is actually useful (not JUST adverts for watches and yachts) as the Adelaide Race of 1000 Years promo book was!

Thank you for telling me all this stuff guys coz now I know at least where to find this info, whereas before I did not. Then finally I'll be ablt to get my hands on some actual car spec facts.

Splatz.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 19:26 (Ref:419711)   #13
SL
Veteran

I think you will find the will price come down after Xmas. I am trying to build a collection, quite often you can find them at second hand bookshops at race meets. Often new copies still in the wraps.

Some years are more popular than others, this is often reflected in the price. Some are £20 others £60+ but shop around. Also watch out for the French version sold as the UK version, it will be wrapped so you cannot read the text.

Simon
Old 2 Nov 2002, 14:01 (Ref:420173)   #14
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Splatz,

Where did you find the '02 weights on the ACO site? Been on there this morning and didn't see it, though the site is a bit awkward to navigate.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 22:43 (Ref:420426)   #15
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Yes I agree it is set up a little differently.

I believe I was on the 2002 page at www.lemans.org (click english page)

Left-hand column, under heading, "Practical information", click "Teams List".

Then clicked on a car title eg "Audi Sport Japan Team Goh".

Then a page came up with the team info and a pic (or sometimes 3) from scrutineering.

Under "Cards", click on the car name, in this case Audi R8 2001...

It will bring up the spec list. look carefully.. weight is there and alleged torque and power (not always all three.)

#5 Audi R8 2001
700Nm @ 6500
615Hp @ 7200
917Kg

(There is other info of course)
The pictures are a nice size too.

Interesting how the Panoz Evo is so down on power to the R&SIIIc - if that is actually the case..

Glad to help, have fun.
Old 3 Nov 2002, 00:52 (Ref:420480)   #16
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the Power difference is from the Factory restictors, and the Privateer restrictors. Note the rpm difference also.

p.s. Good find. That site is just terrible to navigate.

Last edited by choked_wasp; 3 Nov 2002 at 00:53.
Old 3 Nov 2002, 17:01 (Ref:420790)   #17
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Good point Waspy, I forgot about that.

These small little rules make quite a difference don't they.

If I forget some of these things (as someone with a regular interest), imagine how difficult it must be for the people who are new to GT racing and are trying to understand it - and why we like it.