Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Aug 2019, 07:03 (Ref:3920925)   #101
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Unless you have a habit of spelling it wrong and your autocorrect has adjusted itself to that, it will have chosen the correct spelling for the circuit. Hope that hasn't spoiled your week.
And if he does have a habit of spelling it wrong, what does that matter? My phone just gave me both options for an incorrect spelling, I can assure you not one person read his comment and thought "oh I didn't know they raced there as well", if the intent is so obvious, why concern yourself with a making a silly quip about them? Do you think eveyone making a mistake is thick? Do you think dyslexic people just aren't trying?
Picking someone up on a spelling or grammar error online when you don't know them personally so for all you know may be dyslexic, elderly or have other difficulties is nothing short of bullying to be honest and a bit pathetic.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 07:30 (Ref:3920928)   #102
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://tentenths.com/forum/attachme...1&d=1564817371
If google can offer two 'n's in suggested results, is it so unexpected for a poster to make that minor error?
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 3 Aug 2019, 08:02 (Ref:3920929)   #103
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
All I care about is the BTCC is back. Seems ages since the Oulton meeting
Old 3 Aug 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3920940)   #104
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unless you have a habit of spelling it wrong and your autocorrect has adjusted itself to that, it will have chosen the correct spelling for the circuit. Hope that hasn't spoiled your week.
Some people on hear could argue with them self’s in an empty room....
Old 3 Aug 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3920945)   #105
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Some people on hear could argue with them self’s in an empty room....
Well done. Was that the most mistakes you could come up with.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3920946)   #106
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://tentenths.com/forum/attachme...1&d=1564817371
If google can offer two 'n's in suggested results, is it so unexpected for a poster to make that minor error?
If you actually hit the search button after entering the wrong spelling the first suggestion is the correct spelling.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3920947)   #107
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
And if he does have a habit of spelling it wrong, what does that matter? My phone just gave me both options for an incorrect spelling, I can assure you not one person read his comment and thought "oh I didn't know they raced there as well", if the intent is so obvious, why concern yourself with a making a silly quip about them? Do you think eveyone making a mistake is thick? Do you think dyslexic people just aren't trying?
Picking someone up on a spelling or grammar error online when you don't know them personally so for all you know may be dyslexic, elderly or have other difficulties is nothing short of bullying to be honest and a bit pathetic.
Somebody's tired.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3920948)   #108
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL

Bartie claiming that Nic Hamilton blown all his doubters

except Nic is one of only 3 drivers to not scored a single point , the other 2 being the Excelr8 pair
Old 3 Aug 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3920951)   #109
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If you actually hit the search button after entering the wrong spelling the first suggestion is the correct spelling.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3920953)   #110
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
I think that will depend how you have misspelled the word tho no doubt you have tried every combination to try and score a point.
There is no "correct spelling" when they are both valid words/places
Old 3 Aug 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3920954)   #111
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales

Quote:
Somebody's tired.
Typical non answer of a confronted bully...
Perhaps you can answer my question tho why a misspelled word when it was obvious what it meant mattered to you so much when everyone knew what the word was?

You wouldn't walk up to Nic Hamiltons face and start telling him the correct way to walk so don't hide behind your keyboard to start telling people who may have learning problems how to spell!

Last edited by btccbloke; 3 Aug 2019 at 12:15.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3920959)   #112
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Typical non answer of a confronted bully...
Perhaps you can answer my question tho why a misspelled word when it was obvious what it meant mattered to you so much when everyone knew what the word was?

You wouldn't walk up to Nic Hamiltons face and start telling him the correct way to walk so don't hide behind your keyboard to start telling people who may have learning problems how to spell!
Bit of a different scenario though really isn't it. Poor spelling on the internet is just laziness, given the tools available. A physical disability is something, with all the effort in the world, can't be overcome in the same way.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3920967)   #113
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
**** me this is becoming tiresome.

This is a motorsport forum, we’re all here to enjoy the chat about the racing, speculation and rumours about the sport.

We’re not here to argue the toss about a wayward letter here and there, it really doesn’t matter!

Donnington
Castle Coombe
Caldwell Park
Alton Park

Everyone knows what you’re saying and unless you suffer physical pain from reading a misspelled word, move on with your life and talk about the BTCC FFS.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 13:46 (Ref:3920969)   #114
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Bit of a different scenario though really isn't it. Poor spelling on the internet is just laziness, given the tools available. A physical disability is something, with all the effort in the world, can't be overcome in the same way.

Not really tho is it, your criticising someone you don't know by making fun of them doing something in a way may not be able to help, whats worse is doing it cowardly behind a keyboard like Billy big b*****ks.
What about if someone is dyslexic or has a learning disability? From what you have said you dont see them as valid impediments in someone's daily life, should they just be trying harder in your opinion? Please supply me this list of disabilities and problems we are now considered ok to sarcastically mock people about.

Not being able to spell something consistently doesn't make you thick or their comment invalid and cant be helped, I can say for sure its hardly laziness if you believe you have done something correctly, AND especially when a spell checker identifies both Donington and Donnington as perfectly valid places.

Try living with severe dyslexia for a few days and see how easy it is

Anyway back to topic....

Last edited by btccbloke; 3 Aug 2019 at 14:01.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3920971)   #115
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tea hee. It’s not even difficult .....
Old 3 Aug 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3920978)   #116
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Tea hee. It’s not even difficult .....
Old 3 Aug 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3920979)   #117
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I think you missed the ? from the end of your second sentence.
It's ok though, we all make minor errors and we won't hold a single punctuation mark against you - we all understood what you meant in your post.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3920981)   #118
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done Tingram

in the title fight works for Turks , he is ahead of all his main rivals

5 Turks
7 Jordan
11 Butcher
18 Sutton
19 Cook
Old 3 Aug 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3920984)   #119
Maxpower1
Rookie

Maxpower1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bickering over punctuation grammer and spelling is unbeleivable on here at times😂😂
Any way, on to somthing more suited to a motorsport thread. What are your thoughts on gows latest bit of meddling? I think the boost for all the Swindon powered units was fair enough but to then hit all Rwd with either a weight or ride height increase I can't help but feel is a tad unfair.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3920985)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
First Corolla pole since 82, well done Tingram. First four places filled by FWD, just as I expected, the doom and gloom about BMW domination has been exaggerated

Bet Jelley is really glad he has that win now
Old 3 Aug 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3920987)   #121
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
After WSR showed they were fully up to speed with the 3-Series, is this a sign that the teams running the newer FWD cars are starting to unlock their potential?
Old 3 Aug 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3920991)   #122
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
After WSR showed they were fully up to speed with the 3-Series, is this a sign that the teams running the newer FWD cars are starting to unlock their potential?
Or maybe it's just this.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.motorsport.com/btcc/news/bmw-disadvantaged-snetterton-rule-tweaks/4506757/amp/
Old 3 Aug 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3920993)   #123
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Or maybe it's just this.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.motorsport.com/btcc/news/bmw-disadvantaged-snetterton-rule-tweaks/4506757/amp/
Maybe, but how does that explain the FK8 and Corolla apparently improving compared to the other FWD runners' recent performance?
Old 3 Aug 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3920995)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

I think we’ll start to see the Corolla fly in the second half of the season
Old 3 Aug 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3920998)   #125
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think we’ll start to see the Corolla fly in the second half of the season
It would be good to see it regularly up at the sharp end.

It does mean though that a number of cars might all going to come to the fore at the same time, resulting in them taking points off each other and that the BMWs will not be caught.