Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Apr 2003, 02:54 (Ref:572747)   #26
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I named 7
Old 18 Apr 2003, 07:14 (Ref:572839)   #27
THE VOICE
Rookie

THE VOICE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 SUPERCARS IS A BUSSINESS AND WITH THAT COMES COURT BATTLES LAWYERS AND OF COURSE GREDDY THUGS ....AND WHO R THE GREEDY THUGS ... I WONDER????
Old 18 Apr 2003, 07:17 (Ref:572841)   #28
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why can you find the shift key in one post and miss it in another?

Last edited by Morris 1100; 18 Apr 2003 at 07:18.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 07:51 (Ref:572859)   #29
THE VOICE
Rookie

THE VOICE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have never claimed to be a typist, but just for you I will try......

Sorry Morris
Old 18 Apr 2003, 12:55 (Ref:573107)   #30
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its just such petty Girlish behavior ( no disrespect intended to the Female posters on here) There is no place for it In V8 Supercars or Motorsport in general. Shoot the lot of them and get it over with !!!!!
Old 18 Apr 2003, 22:38 (Ref:573584)   #31
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AHhh, the classic debate and dilemma--Was the race accident unintentional or due to poor/inferior driving skills. Does the latter allow for suing while the former is forgiveable? Should it be?? Some people believe that inferior drivers should not be allowed on the track, regardless of how much money or PR or cars they bring to an additional series. Others don't care.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 02:32 (Ref:573691)   #32
Tigerlilly
Rookie

Tigerlilly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've got to expect incidents like this on the race track, racing is racing, you're gonna crash. I think Morris should just get over it and focus on driving and stop trying to win off the track when he's not winning on it.

Oh and Tool man, being a girl and all there's no way I would be acting like Morris if I was ever lucky enough to have the chance to be driving.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 02:56 (Ref:573701)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps the SORF-sourced income stream is under pressure to produce either financial or racing results?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Apr 2003, 03:27 (Ref:573712)   #34
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel that Morris has not got over the big shunt at Oran Park and he needs someone to blame so Dumbrell may have made a mistake and not checked his mirrors but Big Kev cars have that under their belt as well. PM just get on with racing you can turn a good race but you are going blind with fiery and that doesn't cut in motorsport.

Buckshot: As for your comments to the PROCAR series NC not all the drivers want to race taxi's on steriods. Atleast they get to race against other manufactures and I hope Mitsubishi get there way into the V8's as it might make it interesting.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 03:45 (Ref:573716)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Oran Park crash certainly would have knocked him around physically, and perhaps mentally as well.

The shunt gave Paul a back injury that made it uncomfortable to race for any length of time. Having a custom-poured seat for the first time late last season went some way to helping that but I doubt the problem is entirely fixed
Old 19 Apr 2003, 04:52 (Ref:573748)   #36
TheGspot
Racer

TheGspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing that facinates me is the amount of cars that PM has at his disposal, dont they sell anything. Or does the prang one drive another philosophy work. Maybe the other boys better hang onto their old ponies.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 07:12 (Ref:573776)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well Morris keeps them all primarily because he wants too much money for them relative to other cars available in the field.

I have been led to believe that the ex-HRT ex-Poole VT currently owned by the squad is for sale at $300k+ which is well out of the money against a used GRM, Perkins or Briggs car which has been quoted around the more realistic $175k+ range

I guess they need to fill the museum with something
Old 19 Apr 2003, 07:18 (Ref:573777)   #38
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, when you're crazy enough to let Matt Neal be your co-driver you need all the spare cars you can get.

Last edited by Buckshot; 19 Apr 2003 at 07:19.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 08:27 (Ref:573817)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Surprisingly Wayne Wakefield hasnt hurt any Morris cars, and his Supercar reputation is one of being unkind to equipemnt, despite occassional glimpses of speed
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:00 (Ref:574613)   #40
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ouch! I know RT will be rolling his eyes, but when of late has WW pranged a V8 on his own? I don't think Tratt clouting the Chicko car counts...
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:19 (Ref:574631)   #41
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the case of Matt Neal, he was given a rought time over 1 indiscretion, at Bathurst. He is a great racing driver and shouldnt be labelled after one incident.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:27 (Ref:574636)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
2 incidents D.R.T. taking the brand new Morris VX for a burn round Oran Park and snotting it against the wall coming onto pit straight in its debut appearance was not clever... even if it wasnt his fault
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:29 (Ref:574637)   #43
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Every time I watch the Baturst 1998 ST race where Neal went completely bonkers racing with Rydell in the second stint... that was stupid, and went very close to putting both cars in the fence....

Then he took out Seton and HRT

Then he snotted a brand new car at OP

DRT- I'll let him race for your team anyday
Old 20 Apr 2003, 11:17 (Ref:574716)   #44
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by D.R.T.
On the case of Matt Neal, he was given a rought time over 1 indiscretion, at Bathurst. He is a great racing driver and shouldnt be labelled after one incident.
When is Neal going to BECOME a great racing driver???? He isn't one yet
Old 20 Apr 2003, 12:09 (Ref:574738)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
He won as an Indy in a BTCC race in a works Nissan Primera.... does that make him great??
Old 21 Apr 2003, 07:40 (Ref:575358)   #46
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Morris has got to realise it was just racing & get on with it. Dumbrell faced the stewards & got the penalty so now it's time to move on.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 09:31 (Ref:575411)   #47
The Impact
Rookie

The Impact should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the end of the day Dumbrell is only a rookie to the V8 Supercars and is still learning.

I agree what you said Colin if he doesn't like crashes in racing why doesn't he fly kites ? Ohh I see they get tangled up. Similar situation I suppose.

Stop your legal garbage Morris and get on with racing.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 11:52 (Ref:575510)   #48
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon its only a fundraising excercise to buy more flower power hats and shirts for the PMM crew.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 22:52 (Ref:575987)   #49
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Briggs would like everybody to send emails to Betta Electrical and LG everytime one of their drivers does something wrong. It might actually be a good idea, may even stop this stupidity.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 23:21 (Ref:576003)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
How much cheaper would the Sirromet brand wine be if they didnt keep a $2m Supercar team funded????