Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Jun 2001, 01:37 (Ref:102745)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
michael waltrip.....

wins daytona 500 and has been getting worse and worse as the season goes on. i know he is in a new team, but it seems that he has the same luck season after season and i reckon that a young driver from either the busch series or truck series would be a better investment for this team......michael waltrip should invest in brett bodines own team, both drivers have similar records, but one is paying his own way....
Old 9 Jun 2001, 11:00 (Ref:102866)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would hang on to Michael Waltrip if I were DEI. Much of Michael's problem this year has been getting caught up in someone else's wreck. When you don't have great equipment, you are running back there with others who don't have good equipment either or aren't as skilled behind the wheel who create incidents. Yes, he has created a few of his own DNFs but he is getting third line team equipment behind Jr and Park. Very few third-line teams do very much, especially as a new team. The only real good third-line team has been the #17 Rousch car driven by Matt Kenseth. And it took Roush some time to get a real good third team behind the #99 and #6. I suggest patience here but note that Michael is very good at restrictor-plate tracks.
Old 9 Jun 2001, 19:05 (Ref:103065)   #3
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion, Micheal Waltrip simply hasn't lived up to the expectations when he first joined DEI. He won Daytona, when half the field was taken out by a crash, and then since then he hasn't even had a top ten. Ok, he has had some bad racing luck, but it can't all be the cars fault. I hope he cleans up his act soon because he is such a nice person and I really want to see him back in victory lane again.