Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 25 Dec 2019, 05:32 (Ref:3948502)   #6276
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
May I wish all of my friends here a Very Happy, Peaceful, and a Blessed Christmas. I have enjoyed your company and conversation immensely over the past twelve months …. so as a Special Treat I invite you all over to the Picture Parade for 'The Life of Bauble' premiere.

As a pious old Git may I simply say God Bless you all.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 07:02 (Ref:3948507)   #6277
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
This link to an exhibition of British cars was posted on the Le Mans sub-forum. A very nice selection.....

https://wheels-and-things.com/2019/1...VwjDWsGEjReGCg
Old 25 Dec 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3948520)   #6278
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, Merry Christmas to all!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 26 Dec 2019, 18:22 (Ref:3948616)   #6279
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Going back to Facel Vega HK500s, Chef Skinner drives one in the animated film Ratatouille....! (It’s on telly at the mo...)

OK, back to whatever you’re doing on Boxing Day.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3948617)   #6280
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well here's to a happy end to Boxing day, we have been out walking along the beach in mid 20s temp and gearing up for the new years day charity swim. I shall be filming it as usual from the freezing cold beach while Sue will be in the boiling hot sea raising money and filming the other "candidates" close up in the water
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Dec 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3948618)   #6281
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Going back to Facel Vega HK500s, Chef Skinner drives one in the animated film Ratatouille....! (It’s on telly at the mo...)

Mike, my old Sponsor from Larkins Brewery has had an HK500 for about 45 years and still uses it
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Dec 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3948621)   #6282
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Been trying to remember the film where I first saw an HK500 .It was in the 70s , or even 60s , but I have not been able to remember it .
https://www.imcdb.org/
This link can keep you amused for hours remembering all of the cars in films ,
but it does not have any Facel Vegas .
Old 26 Dec 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3948622)   #6283
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Mike, my old Sponsor from Larkins Brewery has had an HK500 for about 45 years and still uses it
How cool is he!

Tel, that site maybe doesn’t respond to searches very well, as it lists the car in Ratatouille..... https://www.imcdb.org/m382932.html

And yes, very distracting website! Whoops, just found a list of HK appearances! https://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-..._model-HK.html
Old 26 Dec 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3948623)   #6284
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Those sites are really super cool. If you have a lot of time in your hands, make a search with Citroën DS! I mean the real one. Hollywood are found of this car able to feature almost any country any year!
Old 26 Dec 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3948624)   #6285
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And if I tell you "For your eyes only", the answer is…
Old 26 Dec 2019, 20:11 (Ref:3948626)   #6286
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How cool is he!

Tel, that site maybe doesn’t respond to searches very well, as it lists the car in Ratatouille..... https://www.imcdb.org/m382932.html

And yes, very distracting website! Whoops, just found a list of HK appearances! https://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-..._model-HK.html
You must have some magic there Mike , as I had been through there looking but found " hundreds,,,,,, " of others , but no Facels .
I had seen the Ratatouille , & a couple of other films with the HK500 on other searches .

Oh well , here goes a few more hours .
Old 26 Dec 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3948627)   #6287
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
You must have some magic there Mike , as I had been through there looking but found " hundreds,,,,,, " of others , but no Facels .
I had seen the Ratatouille , & a couple of other films with the HK500 on other searches .

Oh well , here goes a few more hours .

Ah , I see it all now . You went in on Ratatouille , & then linked to the HK500 from there . Cunning stuff .
Old 26 Dec 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3948629)   #6288
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Ah , I see it all now . You went in on Ratatouille , & then linked to the HK500 from there . Cunning stuff .
Hardly cunning- pure fluke!
Old 27 Dec 2019, 09:32 (Ref:3948663)   #6289
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Hardly cunning- pure fluke!

Mike , do you think it is worth starting a new thread with the link to cars in films .
As this thread will probably go in a few days time , it might be nice to have an easy access to the thousands of pictures of all of the different cars . I know most of them are not actual motorsport , but it can be interesting to see them all .
Old 27 Dec 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3948665)   #6290
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Mike , do you think it is worth starting a new thread with the link to cars in films .
As this thread will probably go in a few days time , it might be nice to have an easy access to the thousands of pictures of all of the different cars . I know most of them are not actual motorsport , but it can be interesting to see them all .
My gut feeling is that such a thread would be best started in parc ferme or armchair enthusiast rather than HRT. If you want to start one, go ahead, and if necessary I can move a post or two from here...
Old 27 Dec 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3948670)   #6291
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
One of my old mechanics,who I had to let go couple of years ago has landed on his feet. He is now building cars to be blown up or crashed in Films. Really pleased for him and it was nice that he was grateful to us for giving him the chance to learn about mechanics and welding. Currently building the new Bat mobile.
Old 27 Dec 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3948671)   #6292
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
One of my old mechanics,who I had to let go couple of years ago has landed on his feet. He is now building cars to be blown up or crashed in Films. Really pleased for him and it was nice that he was grateful to us for giving him the chance to learn about mechanics and welding. Currently building the new Bat mobile.
Do you man he learnt how to wreck and blow up cars, from you Iain?
Old 27 Dec 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3948676)   #6293
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Do you man he learnt how to wreck and blow up cars, from you Iain?
Yep and spell.
Old 27 Dec 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3948679)   #6294
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
My gut feeling is that such a thread would be best started in parc ferme or armchair enthusiast rather than HRT. If you want to start one, go ahead, and if necessary I can move a post or two from here...

OK , have started a new thread on Parc Ferme with the film link .
Old 28 Dec 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3948756)   #6295
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting article on the Times web site today, as ever the fun is in the mealy-mouthed comments section.

It is behind a pay wall. If you can't read it the headline screenshot tells the story.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...ines-fs8zt7k53

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Dec 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3948762)   #6296
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Interesting article on the Times web site today, as ever the fun is in the mealy-mouthed comments section.

It is behind a pay wall. If you can't read it the headline screenshot tells the story.
Meghan and Harry used that BEV E Type at their wedding, from memory?

Think JLR have canned a production run. Yes, confirmed at beginning of the month.... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.m...type-zero/amp/
Old 28 Dec 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3948809)   #6297
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oddly enough we've just got back from Marshall in Cambridge where we were invited to view the Mustang Mach E. Very impressed and if the presentation is to be believed the GT will blow the socks off most current EVs.

Range of 330 miles for the AWD high performance version.
Old 28 Dec 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3948813)   #6298
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Oddly enough we've just got back from Marshall in Cambridge where we were invited to view the Mustang Mach E. Very impressed and if the presentation is to be believed the GT will blow the socks off most current EVs.

Range of 330 miles for the AWD high performance version.
Yes, it’s a very impressive first attempt, I’ve just read the Motor Trend review, and was ‘impressed’! Unfortunately in this country it will be hampered by the lack of high speed chargers. Sorry, but Tesla is still the only sensible choice in my book!
Old 28 Dec 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3948814)   #6299
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I asked that question. Apparently as Tesla can use the other services, Ford and VW will be allowed to use the Tesla service. We shall see, however I placed my order. Other things I asked were about updates and they will be over the air. Will now look at a home charging box on the garage wall.
Old 28 Dec 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3948815)   #6300
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I asked that question. Apparently as Tesla can use the other services, Ford and VW will be allowed to use the Tesla service. We shall see, however I placed my order. Other things I asked were about updates and they will be over the air. Will now look at a home charging box on the garage wall.
I wonder if they’ve told Tesla! Yup, home charger is easy, and although not essential, so much more convenient, especially if you want to pre-condition in the winter.