Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Apr 2002, 16:50 (Ref:272563)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brands Hatch CSMA Classic Weekend 18/19 May

Well it's time to get this one rolling. As soon as the formal programme is available we can post it here but if the stories about last year are true it should be a cracker.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 08:49 (Ref:273043)   #2
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motor Sport subscribers get cheap tickets - CSMA get in free I think - a bountiful crowd is expected to pay homage to my undoubted skills - thank you all in advance
Old 29 Apr 2002, 12:05 (Ref:273197)   #3
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let the homage start here to the man who lapped me yesterday......
Old 30 Apr 2002, 07:36 (Ref:273961)   #4
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey Pete - you got this thread underway whilst I was just getting the car lashed to the trailer at Croft !
Yep well Brands should be agreat meeting again if the last two years are anything to go by - crowds last year were just like Brands club racing used to get in the 80's.
I am hoping that after dissapointing grids for Clubmans at the first 3 rounds this year we are going to see some respectable numbers, if we don't I think Dale is going to be having words with us...
According to BARC this is going to be a 2 day "event" in otheer words most formuale will qualify and race on the same day, Clubmans are up on the Sat only, I think most of us were hoping for Sunday, still I'll probably go back down on Sunday to be a specatator, ( or maybe I should volunteer to marshal - then I could wave blue flags at Brian Stevens... bet he doesn't often see them !)
Old 1 May 2002, 18:03 (Ref:275762)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Bloody hell Tony, let me chuck you a flag before you change your mind! Lat years meeting was a cracker and I shall be there for both days again this year, bedecked in the orange overals and ready with report pads for you naughty drivers
Old 1 May 2002, 18:50 (Ref:275796)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it looks like my cam problem is solved but................. will the replacement be installed by the race? Exciting isn't it?
Old 2 May 2002, 08:01 (Ref:276167)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Look forward to seeing you there Peter!
Old 2 May 2002, 16:49 (Ref:276529)   #8
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Bloody hell Tony, let me chuck you a flag before you change your mind!
Huh ??? :confused: Sorry Stephen - don't get it
Quote:
... ready with report pads for you naughty drivers
Want to borrow a pencil ???
Old 2 May 2002, 16:50 (Ref:276532)   #9
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Well, it looks like my cam problem is solved but................. will the replacement be installed by the race? Exciting isn't it?
Lets hope they get this job done a little quicker than the last one eh !
Old 2 May 2002, 17:31 (Ref:276560)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
In your first post you jokingly said you would blue flag to stop others overtaking. I was passing the flag in advance!
Old 2 May 2002, 18:08 (Ref:276595)   #11
Tony Harman
Veteran

Ohhhh Now I get it - see can't even remember "wot i rote" had to go and look back at the post !!!
Well it might be an option if I get back down on Sunday, it's definately something I must do this year, also still waiting to get my promised pace car driver slot some time.
See the problem is as soon as I mention to the "Team Manager" (indoors) that we're only racing on Saturday I usually get a whole load of jobs chucked at me !!
Old 2 May 2002, 20:52 (Ref:276797)   #12
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In your first post you jokingly said you would blue flag to stop others overtaking. I was passing the flag in advance!
Do you know which post you will be on before the day ? So we know who we wave at to say thanks..
Old 2 May 2002, 20:56 (Ref:276803)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'm afraid not Stacey. Just wave to all of us, you will be surprised at the numeber who will wave back! Will you be at Brands this weekend?
Old 2 May 2002, 21:11 (Ref:276816)   #14
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm afraid not Stacey. Just wave to all of us, you will be surprised at the numeber who will wave back! Will you be at Brands this weekend?
I make a point of it anyway, so will do. You'll have to wave with both hands or something!

No, won't be at Brands this weekend - I'm afraid I've been away for so many consecutive weekends now, I noticed the grass has reached new heights (a good 12" I'd say) so I'm going to have to invest a weekend in more mundane matters before the neighbours get too arsey, and I can see the garage.. Not only that I have a club magazine to put together, and a fair amount of business work to attend to as well. Busy bee I'm afraid!

Stacy.
Old 2 May 2002, 21:42 (Ref:276845)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hmmm, a busy weekend then! We normally have breakfast in the Kentagon so maybe see you in there for the CSMC meeting. I'll be the marshal with the red trainers on. Yes I know, don't say a word, sad isn't it?
Old 3 May 2002, 16:20 (Ref:277669)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Stephen,

I look forward to giving you a wave after the race, but if you're trolling around the paddock by all means give me a nudge.
Old 3 May 2002, 16:22 (Ref:277673)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
Motor Sport subscribers get cheap tickets - CSMA get in free I think - a bountiful crowd is expected to pay homage to my undoubted skills - thank you all in advance
Just a cotton pickin' minute!!! They told me there were coming to witness MY skills!!!
Old 3 May 2002, 18:01 (Ref:277768)   #18
Tony Harman
Veteran

Bah !!! they'll be there to watch real racing cars with slicks 'n' wings 'n' things.....
Course chances are since we're only out on the Saturday there won't be any bloody spectators to witness my particular "skills...."

Last edited by Tony Harman; 3 May 2002 at 18:04.
Old 3 May 2002, 18:05 (Ref:277773)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
How do you know the programme? I haven't seen anything yet!
Old 4 May 2002, 08:48 (Ref:278227)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I received my signing on details through the post this morning (Saturday). It looks to be a fabulous weekend and I see we have EuroBoss as well! Noise...Yippee!!!
Old 4 May 2002, 10:37 (Ref:278286)   #21
sunbeam73
Rookie

England
MULBARTON, near NORWICH
sunbeam73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, can someone post the order of events for sunday, i'll probably be coming along to watch.

sean
Old 7 May 2002, 09:55 (Ref:279275)   #22
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday qualifying from 1000 to 1310 (G1 last)
Air Displays 1127 / 1151 / 1227 / 1312 / 1322 / 1345 / 1435 / 1510 / 1540 - yes I know its supposed to be a race meeting !
Races Bikes first at 1415 then Post Historic / FF2000 / CT / MG / Healey / Boss / G1
Old 7 May 2002, 16:26 (Ref:279558)   #23
Tony Harman
Veteran

So we get Historic TC, Clubmans, Classic FF1600, MG's, BOSS and pre 90's on Saturday. Post Historic, Classic FF2000, Thunder, Thoroughbred Sports, Healey's, More BOSS, and Group 1's on Sunday. All starting off with Classic Bikes and interspersed with Airplanes and whatever else they organise for on-track displays. Mmmm - a balanced prgramme I suppose, still prefer to be out on Sunday though.
Doesn't look much like I'm going to be able to wave flags for you though Stephen, it's likely I have to start getting the engine out, my engine builder reckons there's time to do the rebuild between Brands and Snetterton, but I have to get it down to him at the beginning of the week, still a nice day trip down to Devon !
Old 7 May 2002, 18:55 (Ref:279679)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, Group ones are the last race (as usual) Another late night and early morning.
Old 7 May 2002, 20:34 (Ref:279755)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I guess with all the air displays South Bank will be closed to spectators. Just a thought!