Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jun 2001, 13:57 (Ref:106868)   #1
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats what it's all about..for Michael

In an interview on BBC1 Schumacher was asked if he felt at all guilty about his past indiscretions, he said:
Quote:
“Not really guilty, I've been growing up with Senna and remember incidents with Prost and Senna. It's why I don't have the feeling I'm guilty for anything because it was part of the game. I knew it wasn't right, but this is an important moment, everything or nothing, and you go for it.”

Now that's as honest as you'll ever get.

Also note the quote

Quote:
...but this is an important moment, everything or nothing, and you go for it.”

That's why he's the best out there.
Old 19 Jun 2001, 14:58 (Ref:106880)   #2
bghaw
Rookie

bghaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HE SUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2001, 15:15 (Ref:106888)   #3
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical modern reaction. They were doing it so why shouldn't I . It's their fault so why should I feel guilty.
Old 19 Jun 2001, 17:44 (Ref:106944)   #4
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to hear what Fangio's or Clark's reactions would have been to TGF's antics in '94 and '97. They where the best out there, but did they take out their competitors?
Old 19 Jun 2001, 19:49 (Ref:107005)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by angst
It's their fault so why should I feel guilty.
Agreement there, Angst. TGF is pretty much blaming Senna for his own driving tactics. How this is possible, I'm not completely sure...I assume TGF does have a mind of his own?

Old 19 Jun 2001, 23:32 (Ref:107133)   #6
PoweredByHonda
Racer

PoweredByHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's exactly right.
I wonder what Damon Hill would think about that when Michael took him out to get the championship.
Or what about Villeneuve? Michael tried taking Jacques out but took himself out.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 01:46 (Ref:107177)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Excellent - Another "I hate TGF" thread - these are so rare
Old 20 Jun 2001, 04:20 (Ref:107201)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well as I've said before his actions at times have been reprehensible and this just confirms it. Its sad that some people think that doing those things equals being "the best". Winning at all costs is not acceptable in a sport where death or injury is just around the corner.

Saying that, TGF's honesty, even if late, is refreshing so I'll aplaud him for it now. I can never forgive him those indescretions though.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 13:00 (Ref:107363)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*YAWN*

Anti Schueys must be very buzy preparing their next round of slagging!
Don't some of you ever get tired repeating the same things over and over again???

I think its very much no point in us arguing over this issue. Michael Schumacher IS the best of this generation of drivers. No questions. And either you love him, or you hate him. Nobody is going to convince the other...we had this debate many times...just hope that if this really goes on, some of the posters do put some logic into their post, and not get overly "emotional" (biased) and slag Michael...cos MS fans wouldnt really like it, and you wont like others slag ur fav either...

By the way

I came here in peace...let peace prevail!
Old 20 Jun 2001, 13:18 (Ref:107372)   #10
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a complete fence-sitter, I would like to know, was he asked about the Schumi-Hill incident in 94? If he was, what was his response?
Old 20 Jun 2001, 14:07 (Ref:107397)   #11
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
his response was...."downhill"!!
Old 20 Jun 2001, 14:33 (Ref:107412)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interviewer: "Michael, tell us what do you think about your incident with Damon in 94, and what you think about the way the British press handled it?"

Michael: "Hill...*scratches his head*...oh him! I think its just 2 drivers doing their job which turned out a little nasty. Nothing much to be troubled over...just that the press is making a mountain out of a moleHILL..."

Interviewer: "Is it intentional?"

Michael: "*giggles* hehhee...i thought he would be smarter and sit back for a couple of corners and not fall for it..but i tried my luck there all the same...and goSH! did you see how he fell for it! Beautiful!"
Old 20 Jun 2001, 15:27 (Ref:107430)   #13
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by angst
Typical modern reaction. They were doing it so why shouldn't I . It's their fault so why should I feel guilty.
The thing lowyers call "precedent"

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
I think its very much no point in us arguing over this issue. Michael Schumacher IS the best of this generation of drivers. No questions.
If he's the best, why on earth he needs the precendent?
Old 20 Jun 2001, 16:46 (Ref:107461)   #14
Ferrari Girl
Rookie

Ferrari Girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sigh, yet another original thread...
Old 20 Jun 2001, 17:27 (Ref:107471)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think TGF is getting old and romantic...
Old 20 Jun 2001, 17:55 (Ref:107490)   #16
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh I like these threads, a welcome return for some slanging matchs .
I'm kidding of course. I saw the Clarkson program that he said this on and they seemed to say lack of guilt was a characteristic of a great racer... huh!!

Like has been said, what would Fangio have thought of this. I'm biased as a Hill fan but I feel my views are justified, this guy's a jerk who wants to win no matter what the costs. This does not make him a great driver.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 02:51 (Ref:107670)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Lack of negative emotions are really neccessary for drivers to push themselves to the extreme. Fear, guilt, sadness are really what would prevent a driver from doing his job to perfection.

Its easy for us to say "HE IS WRONG...HE SHOULD BLAH BLAH!". But what some of you are thinking are really a very simplistic view of things. And You think that these drivers really have no shame, guilt, etc? Its just that when they are performing their job, they really have to put all these factors out of their minds and be that very uncompromising person in the car.

Inside the car and out, Michael can be quite different. If you fail to see this point, take for example David Coulthard. He is a gentleman (at least that is what some assume)...but when he is in the car, its not really rare to see him show hand signs etc.

About the JV and Hill incidents...its something that last happened half a decade ago...surely we should move on and enjoy this season, which so far had been far more exciting than the pass 4.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 02:55 (Ref:107672)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

RussianFriend ==> If he is not the best driver for the past 4 seasons...tell me somebody who is better...and try justifying it!

Being the best and doing what he did is different matters. He is the best driver, but as you can see, the best doesnt always win from 96 to 1999. In 97, MS's Ferrari while leading encountered problems, which allowed JV to close up fast and overtake...which means that if he wants to keep his win, he had to do something about it.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 05:04 (Ref:107709)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Lack of negative emotions are really neccessary for drivers to push themselves to the extreme. Fear, guilt, sadness are really what would prevent a driver from doing his job to perfection.

Well acording to this theory, Hitler, Himmler, Goering and Goebbels would have made the perfect team of GP drivers.
Maybe you could explain how Tazio Nuvolari and Bernd Rosemeyer fit into this mould.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 21 Jun 2001 at 05:07.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 05:39 (Ref:107714)   #20
Gt_R
Veteran

How about this

square root of (-2) equals 4, but root of 4 does not naturally give you (-2)?

It is neccessary, or a little more beneficial, if drivers lack certain negative emotions, ie fear, especially in the racing car, but lack of emotions doesnt make a racing driver.

Simply a good teacher is preferred to be a patient person, but a patient person doesnt equal to a good teacher.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 05:41 (Ref:107715)   #21
Gt_R
Veteran

Quote from me : square root of (-2) equals 4, but root of 4 does not naturally give you (-2)?

Sorry...it should be square of -2 equal 4 but square root of 4 doesnt naturally give -2.

That's what happen when i dint do maths for a long time!
Old 21 Jun 2001, 05:44 (Ref:107716)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er.

I think I understand the syntax of your underlying metaphor. On the other hand maybe not.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 06:09 (Ref:107721)   #23
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
How about this

square root of (-2) equals 4, but root of 4 does not naturally give you (-2)?

I understand perfectly, Mr Fawlty - I bring two bags to room 4, Si?
Old 21 Jun 2001, 08:40 (Ref:107762)   #24
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Gt_R, Your wasting your time. Let the babies have their thread, you know they need it to justify why THEIR driver is'nt WDC.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 09:02 (Ref:107767)   #25
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS is not placing the blame on Senna and others. He said what he did just to give the situation some perspective. As for what Fangio would have thought about him. Who could really care less what Fangio 'would' of thought, his days are long gone. MS is there to win the race coz the team that EMPLOYS him wants to win. He goes out there and puts everything out on the track week after week, and incidents like Villeneuve an Hill are going to happen because after the race, he's not gonna go back to the team boss thinking 'what if' , rather What Next.

Peter are you suggesting MS is instigating life or death situations on the track. You cant be serious. Why not take a good look at other drivers who have caused Death and serious injury through their stupidity on the track. MS's shunts on JV and Hill were controlled, low speed, and were done to damage the car. In JV's case, I bet he feels guilty that he wasn't hard enough on the situation. I guess hypocrisy is to be expected by Anti-schu ppl.

Note: MH recently came out and said he wouldnt't pull over for DC. Thats got to be the most selfish thing i've seen yet, yet i barely noticed any criticism. You can bet that if MS had said that before coming back from his leg injury he would of been burnt at the stake by some of yous ppl.