Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 May 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1291136)   #1
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Collard and the rest of the season

I heared that at the start of the season Rob was short of funds for the season and Motors TV mentioned this might be the last time we see an MG in BTCC. Does anyone know what the plans for WSR and Rob Collard are for the season. I for one hope WSR can sort the Thurxton race 2 and 3 problems out and return for a good run for the rest of the season.
Old 3 May 2005, 10:12 (Ref:1291871)   #2
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought Collard said at Donington that he had the funds for 3 meetings.
Old 3 May 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1291913)   #3
John Winter
Racer

John Winter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope somehow he can race for the entire season. If the series would loose him too it would be catastrofic.
Old 3 May 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1291917)   #4
naughtymutt
Racer

I hope that TOCA move to a more international formula like the WTCC cars, so that we can get some interest back from the car company.... and schedule the championship on different weekends to the WTCC so that the teams could run in both if they wanted.
Old 3 May 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1291983)   #5
John Winter
Racer

John Winter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you schedule the weekends from different weekends to the WTCC the races will clash with the F1-races. I think it's better to compete with WTCC and DTM than with F1.
Old 3 May 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1291990)   #6
naughtymutt
Racer

Are there any clashes when F1 does a few weeks back to back.
Old 3 May 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1292001)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WTCC teams running would just increase the cost of being competitive, and most of their drivers (other than the Brits and the ex-F1 guys) aren't well known over here.
Old 3 May 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1292050)   #8
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think TOCA shoudl step in with fundign for WSR to keep Collard going if neccessary, as a goodwill gesture to help keep the field strong. Losing him from the already-thin grid would be a disaster.
Old 3 May 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1292093)   #9
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
I think TOCA shoudl step in with fundign for WSR to keep Collard going if neccessary, as a goodwill gesture to help keep the field strong. Losing him from the already-thin grid would be a disaster.
But wouldn't that set a dangerous precedent? There could be other teams racing or who want to race, but are unable to race or struggle, why does Collard get help and those other teams don't? OTOH, if ITR tried to do that, why can't TOCA?
Old 3 May 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1292100)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtymutt
Are there any clashes when F1 does a few weeks back to back.

BTCC has no clashes with F1, no.
Old 3 May 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1292130)   #11
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Hmm. I don't agree with that. That isn't Toca's job. It's Collard's own to find the funding. If he doesn't, then hard cheese.
Old 3 May 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1292162)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
TOCA's job is to find a sponsor for the Indie Cup to help with prize money. Finding a sponsor for an individual team/driver is definately NOT something they should be doing. Why should Collard get that sort of assistance but not Proctor, Williams or any other driver?
Old 3 May 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1292181)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only thing that TOCA could (and possibly should) look at doing is to appoint a marketing agency to work with the teams on their commercial/marketing proposals. this would tie the teams and TOCA's marketing into a single strategy.

As it is, TOCA have provided a great platform for teams with the best overall media and TV coverage in Europe, which clearly is not being successfully exploited by the teams, aside from Dynamics who have always been excellent in their commercial approach.

IMO, TOCA need to work more closely with the teams to improve their 'offer' and the way they are presenting the benefits of being involved in the BTCC. There is much more to sponsorship than a sticker on the car and a few hospitality places, more creative thinking is required to secure sponsors in a competitive media marketplace, subsequently more media/marketing/advertising based professional help and skills are required.
Old 3 May 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1292233)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They need to hire you, ST!