Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Dec 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4089296)   #126
TuteZaek
Racer

TuteZaek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any plans for more Urugayan drivers coming to Argentina? Giving the succes that Landa and Lambiris are having, and the presence of Myon and Noceti (from memory, i think there are more)?
Also, any possibility of super turismo coming this side of the charco?

Note about loudness of the TC engines: i was beside a TC Chevy with the old pushrod engine (I think was Spataro's car then, also there was a TRV6 ) that thing was already loud at idle, when the driver (some one random, or at least not known) gave a couple of kicks to the gas pedal, man, my ears almost exploded, that thing was stupid loud.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4089623)   #127
TuteZaek
Racer

New pickup series from ACTC

Mazzacane said to campeones that a new "b series" to support the TCPK is targeted to launch/be presented next year, May being an early date, but definitely before end of the year.

Not many details about the cars per se tho, ealier this year was mentioned SUVs, but i have doubts on that, mostly was a passing comment about the market and racing.

Also said that they target 12 races for the pickups with half of them outside La Plata
Old 14 Dec 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4089638)   #128
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteZaek View Post
Is there any plans for more Urugayan drivers coming to Argentina? Giving the succes that Landa and Lambiris are having, and the presence of Myon and Noceti (from memory, i think there are more)?
Possibly.

Quote:
any possibility of super turismo coming this side of the charco
The AUVO president said they are discussing to bring the TC2000 and Top Race to El Pinar.

The big problem is that the pitlane is tiny, so they plan to build a new one outside the main straight (not the back straight as previously discussed).
Old 14 Dec 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4089662)   #129
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mazzacane said to campeones that a new "b series" to support the TCPK is targeted to launch/be presented next year, May being an early date, but definitely before end of the year.

Not many details about the cars per se tho, ealier this year was mentioned SUVs, but i have doubts on that, mostly was a passing comment about the market and racing.

Also said that they target 12 races for the pickups with half of them outside La Plata
Isn't it a bit early to introduce a 2nd pickup class?
Old 14 Dec 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4089671)   #130
TuteZaek
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Isn't it a bit early to introduce a 2nd pickup class?
The thing is, they're expecting arround 40 trucks for next year, almost TC numbers, everyone says that there aren't enough trucks for drivers, so maybe is for that.
Also, there are drivers from many levels cohabiting from regional level to national champions, maybe they want to level the things a bit afterall the series grew beyond the "other series for TC pista and TC Pilots to compete"
Maybe they'll go national without the TCM/TCPM/F3M that run on La Plata, and need a support series (the promotional series will suffer a cost increase that could be too much if they go national with the TCPK)

In May we'll see what Is this about.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 14:51 (Ref:4090104)   #131
TuteZaek
Racer

It exists! Doesn't look as weird as expected, and the paintjob obscures the lines, but is here

From the rear looks really nice and has its tailights

Edith again: It doesn't have the "dynamic intake" so, no engine or a different solution a la TCPK

Last edited by TuteZaek; 16 Dec 2021 at 15:05. Reason: Add More pics
Old 16 Dec 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4090114)   #132
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Because of the paintjob it's difficult to fully judge the car but first impression is good.
The third photo looks very "DTM".

I like the taillights.
Isn't the intake on the bonnet mandatory?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4090119)   #133
TuteZaek
Racer

Isn't mandatory but mostly a performance requirement for the engines, especially since they're carburated, without the intakes forcing the air in they lose a lot of hp
Old 17 Dec 2021, 00:22 (Ref:4090195)   #134
TuteZaek
Racer

More info about the Camry and its introduction.

At first the engine will be the base spec Cherokee, as used by Dodge, with 480hp "on the bench" (figures given by Agut, the engine builder that will make the engines for the TGR Camrys) to run the tests.

The test will be between January 15th and 30th, driven by "neutral Pilots" (Ardusso, Canapino and Werner* were mentioned) with neutral engineers and technics.
The plan is to run different type of circuits, Rafaela** and Parana being a fast circuit and a technical one respectively are on sight. If Rossi and/or Jakos want to run it'll count towards their two tests asigned by ACTC.

Anyone could theoretically build a Camry, provided ACTC autorization to run with the brand, but TGR will, for now, run only 2 cars.

Iuiliano (ACTC technical director) Is confident on finding a balance, mentioned some advantages and disadvantages of the model: More aero, but with bigger frontal area, the rear downforce could be compromised by the relatively short "Tail" and the narrower spoiler.
The base car lenght between the axles its within milimeters of ACTC homologated lenght, so the car has the street model lenght. They wanted to maintain as much of the form of the Camry as possible, being a TC they even use the stock rear bumper, I'd guess to show theyre capable to do so.
The front of the show car was an "Alifraco" nose, one of the 2 homologated for TC (the other being "Cuervo", a more agressive downforce oriented front)
It didnt had an engine installed, so thats why no dynamic intake

*Even if the 3 are rumors, Werner Is the least likely, the other 2 were mentioned by Dole chief Kissling.

**Wishing they do a full oval run (without chicanes) on full power to see how much over 300km/h this thing could go.

Last edited by TuteZaek; 17 Dec 2021 at 00:41. Reason: Left things out
Old 18 Dec 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4090476)   #135
TuteZaek
Racer

The final National Champion has been crowned!

Diego Azar (TGR-Camry) Is the new 2021 Top Race V6 Champion after a really messy race 1 in Concepción del Uruguay, where his only rival Ciarrochi (Lincoln Motorsport-Mondeo) abandoned after a crash, wining the 3rd championship in a row for the team the Camry, also the last one for the model, to be replaced with a Lexus silhouette.

The series will debut new updated silhouettes next year and begin the tests for the new V8 engines to debut on 2023.

The 2022 cars:

Old 18 Dec 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4090478)   #136
TuteZaek
Racer

2021 National Champions:

STC2000: Agust?*n Canapino - Chevrolet YPF Cruze

Turismo Nacional C3: Julián Santero -TGR Corolla
C2: Cristian Abdala - Bucci Fiesta (2nd or 3rd title for that particular chasis)

TC: Mariano Werner - Fadel Guri Mart?*nez Competición Ford (2nd in a Row for him)

TCPK*: Juan Pablo Gianini - JPG Ranger. (3rd in a Row)

Forgot the TRV6: Diego Azar. - TGR Camry (3rd in a row for the team)

*not totally national, not sure if counts
Old 18 Dec 2021, 21:22 (Ref:4090487)   #137
uesugi kenshin
Rookie

uesugi kenshin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems that the updated Toprace cars for next season are just minor cosmetic changes to the front area, i am still amazed that they are slower than TCR.
Old 18 Dec 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4090488)   #138
TuteZaek
Racer

Yep, they mentioned "Aerodinámic changes" in abstract, without much detail.

Taking into account previous performance that showed that they're slower than the Super, im not surprised, still thinking that something isn't right with the TRV6.
But the V8s are finally coming!
Old 19 Dec 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4090580)   #139
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The final National Champion has been crowned!

Diego Azar (TGR-Camry) Is the new 2021 Top Race V6 Champion after a really messy race 1 in Concepción del Uruguay, where his only rival Ciarrochi (Lincoln Motorsport-Mondeo) abandoned after a crash, wining the 3rd championship in a row for the team the Camry, also the last one for the model, to be replaced with a Lexus silhouette.

The series will debut new updated silhouettes next year and begin the tests for the new V8 engines to debut on 2023.

The 2022 cars:

The new Top Races look horrible ...

I really like the Toyota Camry of the TC.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4090593)   #140
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I am also not a fan of the cars. They look outdated.
Would prefer looks more like Stock Car Brasil.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4090595)   #141
TuteZaek
Racer

I like the Fiat, the wider nose looks nice proportions wise. the Lexus has a nice paintjob but just that.
The Mondeo and Mercedes look wrong, the Ford paintjob sucks AND the benz look cartoonish
Old 19 Dec 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4090598)   #142
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Fronts of the cars (at least on these pics) look good, after that it goes wrong.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4090605)   #143
uesugi kenshin
Rookie

uesugi kenshin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they want to change the look without spending much in the way of money.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4090702)   #144
TuteZaek
Racer

Taking into account the 2023 with the engine change, i wouldn't spend much on an interim car either.

On other note:

It seems a Ford dealership asociation support, wonder if the 3rd truck Is for someone who can drive? Nothing against Jack and Ventri but i would like someone to fight for wins on a "semi works team", existing Gianini and Mart?*nez and the LCA-Lusqtoff (that will run Toyotas, but has Lambiris) teams this seems stupid.

They look nice tho, and are going for the same multi-car approach as TGR, Martinez and LCA
Old 22 Dec 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4090996)   #145
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Taking into account the 2023 with the engine change, i wouldn't spend much on an interim car either.

On other note:

It seems a Ford dealership asociation support, wonder if the 3rd truck Is for someone who can drive? Nothing against Jack and Ventri but i would like someone to fight for wins on a "semi works team", existing Gianini and Mart?*nez and the LCA-Lusqtoff (that will run Toyotas, but has Lambiris) teams this seems stupid.

They look nice tho, and are going for the same multi-car approach as TGR, Martinez and LCA
The 3rd truck is for Johnnito De Benedictis.
I wonder if this is the preview of the arrival of the Mustang and Camaro to the TC in 2023? Considering that Canapino in the JP is going to be official Chevrolet already this year.
I guess Punta del Este 2023 is also to attract the arrival of more brands .....
And what about Honda in the Super TC 2000? The Civic stops being manufactured in Brazil.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4091000)   #146
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I like the livery of the Ranger.

Isn't the STC2000 Civic more or less a private effort? I assume it's still homologated next few years.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4091002)   #147
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I like the livery of the Ranger.

Isn't the STC2000 Civic more or less a private effort? I assume it's still homologated next few years.
There is no problem with the homologations, the Fluence has not been manufactured for several years and is still authorized.
But does it make sense to stay in a category of 10 or 15 cars on the way to extinction?
Maybe it would be reasonable to build an Accord and go to the TC, the best and most popular category in the country.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4091007)   #148
TuteZaek
Racer

Honda Is an official team on STC2000, other than that, the brand has a minúscule market presence, they are weird.
A lot of fans (and detractors) mention the Accord on TC, but i don't find It likely, Honda doesn't know what to do in the country, doesn't have a firm position as does Toyota, neither seems to want to improve it.

As of Ford "works" team on TC, Ventricelli already did this once, using dealership support (both he and Jack are kinda big on that) and didn't work too well, with de Benedictis as a driver, this could improve.
That said, Ford always had a tendency of doing weird things with its support, from dominant full works team (as the last TC factory team, and the Berta TC2000 era) to a descentralized support to their drivers that did almost nothing against full factory teams (like the Berta-Renaults, and yes, having Berta on your side almost always result in succes) they're one of the most inconsistent brands in terms of factory racing support (taking into account its presence and history in the country) so anything could happen.

Also, on that, aside from Renault, Toyota, and te Chevy rumor, FCA also toyed with supporting a Dodge team in TC, but then they killed all their sport programs.
Of all the brands involved on TC, Ford Is the only that never showed official interest latelly