Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 1 May 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4108615)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like it's getting lively again but NBC is selling Eat Fresh Sandwiches!!

Edit in their defense, so did the IndyCar radio....

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 1 May 2022 at 18:55.
Old 1 May 2022, 18:52 (Ref:4108617)   #27
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Gonna be a good final 15 laps. Colton needs to make speed before the reds fall off but looks like they're already going. Veekay had to be wondering what happened there
Oops, that's not how you go faster Colton
Old 1 May 2022, 18:52 (Ref:4108618)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And with about 10 laps left, gotta break to sell products again.....damn you NBC!!
Old 1 May 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4108619)   #29
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Yeah, lost patience and made a mistake. Luckily, McLaughlin didnt pay for it
Old 1 May 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4108620)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
And with about 10 laps left, gotta break to sell products again.....damn you NBC!!
We have a flash flood warning graphic covering the top stack graphic....
Quote:
He has made unforced errors all year.
Old 1 May 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4108621)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
We have a flash flood warning graphic covering the top stack graphic....
Isn't this an every week thing with y'all?
Old 1 May 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4108622)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Romain thinking he's in a stockcar race....
Old 1 May 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4108627)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really enjoyed this race. Interesting how O'ward did not have to use much p2p to seal that win.

I think JJ has gotten much better this year. Just wish they would give him some coverage....
Old 2 May 2022, 13:00 (Ref:4108660)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race Result:

Congrats to Pato O'Ward. Unfortunately I missed the race, which couldn't be helped, so it is highlights for me.

SPAM needed a good result and that puts O'Ward fifth in the driver's table, though team mate Felix Rosenqvist didn't fare so well, finishing 16th.

2nd place, from last year's winner and reigning driver's champion Alex Palou, puts him top of the driver's table, with 144 points, closely followed by Scott Mclaughlin who was 6th on 141 points. Three time winner at Barber Josef Newgarden, uncharacteristically finished 14th and is 3rd in the table. Pole sitter Veekay finished 3rd.

It was not a bad day for Chevrolet, who had 4 cars in the top 6 finishers, including the winning car.
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-officialraceresults.jpg  
Old 2 May 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4108674)   #35
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I refuse to get Disney's Star+, I already spend too much on cable TV and Netflix.

I just watched onboard cameras.
Old 2 May 2022, 15:23 (Ref:4108677)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Race Result:

Congrats to Pato O'Ward. Unfortunately I missed the race, which couldn't be helped, so it is highlights for me.

SPAM needed a good result and that puts O'Ward fifth in the driver's table, though team mate Felix Rosenqvist didn't fare so well, finishing 16th.

2nd place, from last year's winner and reigning driver's champion Alex Palou, puts him top of the driver's table, with 144 points, closely followed by Scott Mclaughlin who was 6th on 141 points. Three time winner at Barber Josef Newgarden, uncharacteristically finished 14th and is 3rd in the table. Pole sitter Veekay finished 3rd.

It was not a bad day for Chevrolet, who had 4 cars in the top 6 finishers, including the winning car.
Another stat I heard during the broadcast is that Power hasn't finished worse than 4th this year. That level of consistency could be huge towards a championship push if he can keep it up.
Old 2 May 2022, 19:29 (Ref:4108702)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Another stat I heard during the broadcast is that Power hasn't finished worse than 4th this year. That level of consistency could be huge towards a championship push if he can keep it up.
Heard that and that's pretty stout! They were also mentioning that he is a 'new' Will Power, too? Is he taking yoga and doing meditation? I just want to hear him say 'Serenity Now'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I refuse to get Disney's Star+, I already spend too much on cable TV and Netflix.

I just watched onboard cameras.
I hearya, but didn't realize Indy is on Disney in your country.

I believe I'm stealing NBC credentials from another 10ther but it's really annoying to pay for Peacock, but not get NBC?
Old 3 May 2022, 11:42 (Ref:4108760)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Heard that and that's pretty stout! They were also mentioning that he is a 'new' Will Power, too? Is he taking yoga and doing meditation? I just want to hear him say 'Serenity Now'.

I hearya, but didn't realize Indy is on Disney in your country.

I believe I'm stealing NBC credentials from another 10ther but it's really annoying to pay for Peacock, but not get NBC?
And Peacock has downgraded the service to ads not track video during NBC commercial breaks so it's no better.
Old 3 May 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4108762)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched the Fast Forward highlights, 30mins, and based on that it looked like a good race overall. However, my take away is Grosjean. He kept his nose clean last season, very likely because he was the new boy but it looks very much like he's gone back to his old ways, when he was in F1. That banging into Rahal was unnecessary and I am surprised Race Control didn't go after him. I am just waiting for the next incident with Grosjean and seeing if he says ''Ericsson hit us''.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 3 May 2022 at 12:07.
Old 3 May 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4108795)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I watched the Fast Forward highlights, 30mins, and based on that it looked like a good race overall. However, my take away is Grosjean. He kept his nose clean last season, very likely because he was the new boy but it looks very much like he's gone back to his old ways, when he was in F1. That banging into Rahal was unnecessary and I am surprised Race Control didn't go after him. I am just waiting for the next incident with Grosjean and seeing if he says ''Ericsson hit us''.
We didn't really talk much about the Grosjean incident here. During the race i kind of just brushed it off, but after watching the replays a couple of times it was egregious not to have a penalty called there. No clue what the stewards rationale there was. And now there is precedent that this is allowed.
Old 3 May 2022, 17:27 (Ref:4108797)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
We didn't really talk much about the Grosjean incident here. During the race i kind of just brushed it off, but after watching the replays a couple of times it was egregious not to have a penalty called there. No clue what the stewards rationale there was. And now there is precedent that this is allowed.

This is Graham Rahal's take on it. If it does set a precedent, he had this to say: ''So, to me, if race control doesn’t want to do anything then they’re not going to do anything, but when we go and punt him they better not do anything to me — which, in the past I’ve been penalized for a lot less than that.”

https://racer.com/2022/05/01/rahal-f...e-race-tussle/
Old 3 May 2022, 20:15 (Ref:4108825)   #42
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You can get Peacock for US$ 5 per month. Star+ costs US$ 25 per month here in Uruguay.
Old 3 May 2022, 21:31 (Ref:4108829)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Totally egregious but in the end, it didn't have an outcome on Rahal's results; I'm fine with no penalty. He should get a stern talking too, and likely will, if he hasn't already.
Old 3 May 2022, 21:38 (Ref:4108830)   #44
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is Graham Rahal's take on it. If it does set a precedent, he had this to say: ''So, to me, if race control doesn’t want to do anything then they’re not going to do anything, but when we go and punt him they better not do anything to me — which, in the past I’ve been penalized for a lot less than that.”

https://racer.com/2022/05/01/rahal-f...e-race-tussle/

My guess is that the officials let it go because Grosjean didn't gain a position and Rahal's car was apparently not damaged. If Rahal punts Grosjean in the future and puts him off there will surely be a penalty. I still think obviously intentional contact should be penalized. Something along the lines of taking away 20 points or so should encourage drivers to keep it clean. I'd prefer the officials didn't encourage NASCAR style driving.