Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Apr 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4108076)   #26
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-races

Group C added
Old 26 Apr 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4108082)   #27
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Not 30 but will be happy to see most of these on Sunday if they survive Saturdays action.
Old 26 Apr 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4108136)   #28
JTN358AT
Rookie

JTN358AT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much better Group C grid than I expected, good variety and drivers. 40 minutes x 2 is quite a big ask so fingers crossed for Sunday.
Old 26 Apr 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4108150)   #29
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 80 minute race for 5 GT40's is a bit excessive.
Old 27 Apr 2022, 05:24 (Ref:4108186)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Turner, Huff and Keen? Great stuff!!

Hope the car owners let them off the leash!
Old 27 Apr 2022, 11:22 (Ref:4108225)   #31
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable updated and GT40s scrapped.

https://www.msvracing.com/media/1015...522-dn-nat.pdf
Old 27 Apr 2022, 15:44 (Ref:4108250)   #32
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same problem this year as we have always had with this event. Too few races strung out over 2 days. Sunday will consist of 3 races, saloon race is good but then walking wounded from grp C race and 3 hour race for GT's ?

Too expensive and over hyped.
Old 27 Apr 2022, 17:14 (Ref:4108255)   #33
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I'm going but with some trepidation , as nearly every Donington so called Festival has left me disappointed , with sparsely contested races and qualifying sessions strung out far too long . There's some stuff I will love , and that is why I am going, but the inconvenient truth is that an HSCC or (especially) a CSCC event is far more entertaining .
Old 27 Apr 2022, 20:38 (Ref:4108271)   #34
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right, decision made - going Saturday and hoping for a good day.
Old 27 Apr 2022, 23:50 (Ref:4108283)   #35
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Our very own Delta is running in the 3 hours with Dr Bob, in the Elite.
Good luck boys.
Old 28 Apr 2022, 00:20 (Ref:4108284)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Good luck boys.
Thanks for the heads up David, and indeed best of luck to 'the team'.
Hopefully there will be a live stream broadcasting and available so we can follow the racing.
Old 28 Apr 2022, 01:38 (Ref:4108286)   #37
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thought there was a Pre war Sports Car race on Sunday.
That makes four races at least!
Old 28 Apr 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4108310)   #38
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes John, i forgot that one, I am in possesion of some 1974 Autosports, preview of weekends sport, Ouiton Park, Rufforth, etc 8 races, 1st race 2pm, entrance 50p, paddock 25p.

Tell that to kids today...
Old 28 Apr 2022, 15:40 (Ref:4108331)   #39
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post

Good luck boys.
I shall be there so will look them up.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 28 Apr 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4108350)   #40
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I shall be there so will look them up.

Be good to catch up as I'm up both days with the dad.
Old 28 Apr 2022, 21:28 (Ref:4108352)   #41
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the ideal world the this event and the Masters event two weeks prior should be amalgamated then it would be a proper festival. I've voted with my feet for this one.
Old 29 Apr 2022, 10:49 (Ref:4108403)   #42
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
In the ideal world the this event and the Masters event two weeks prior should be amalgamated then it would be a proper festival. I've voted with my feet for this one.
I will be there Saturday.

This event seems to have lost some of it's lustre - a bit like the Oulton Park Gold Cup. It will be interesting to see if this year's "best of" for the Gold Cup weekend provides a way forward.
Old 29 Apr 2022, 12:38 (Ref:4108410)   #43
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
In the ideal world the this event and the Masters event two weeks prior should be amalgamated then it would be a proper festival.
Absolutely right.

On the Group Cs, I’m going with:
19 on entry list
1 won’t start before Qual
2 break or crash during Qual
1 won’t start before race 1
3 break or crash during race 1
1 won’t start before race 2
11 start race 2, 8 finish, 2 of them at least a lap down

Old 29 Apr 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4108431)   #44
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Is there any TV coverage this weekend?
Old 29 Apr 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4108443)   #45
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Is there any TV coverage this weekend?

John, I did happen to look on the www.historicmotorsport.tv website as they ran last years live stream of the event. Their website is there, but sadly, although under the heading "Up coming programmes":they show Donington Historic Festival Live Stream, sadly I noticed the date shown is May 1 & 2 which AFAIK was last years event. Im a subscriber to their channel but not heard anything from them for ages so presume they are no more.

So I just rang "Donington Historic" on the 'phone number for enquiries shown on their website, from downtown Melbourne, to ask if any live stream was happening as last year.....

Sadly their answer was no live stream this year, although apparently a live audio commentary will be available via TSL live timing website. I havent looked on TSL yet but the indication was there would be a link or something to the audio under the Donington Historic heading on the TSL website.
Old 29 Apr 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4108444)   #46
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Sadly their answer was no live stream this year, although apparently a live audio commentary will be available via TSL live timing website.
I suspect that will be a feed of the circuit PA commentary.
Old 29 Apr 2022, 19:23 (Ref:4108445)   #47
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Be good to catch up as I'm up both days with the dad.
Message me Sunday. We're not planning to be there before 10:00

Old 29 Apr 2022, 19:47 (Ref:4108446)   #48
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

How can you possibly miss Pre War qualifying!
Old 30 Apr 2022, 08:27 (Ref:4108469)   #49
midgetman
Veteran

Ah bummer. Got things to do. I'd rather watch pre War than interminable 50s/60s stuff.

I've an eclectic choice in cars - pre War and 70s onwards. Stuff in between doesn't float my boat, maybe because it's the "staple" of classic racing.

And just for clarification given my screen name, my MG of choice would be a '73 RWA Midget or a similar year honeycomb grille BGT. I even look fondly on the rubber bumper cars!

Last edited by midgetman; 30 Apr 2022 at 08:38.
Old 30 Apr 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4108482)   #50
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
13 Group C cars for qually, 1 had accident/breakage.