Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Nov 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3939885)   #101
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Weekend thoughts.

Congrats to SM on the Championship.
CL drove flawlessly all weekend.
Andre and Team so unlucky on Sunday
Youlden far to many errors this year for me
GT then Giz, amazing drive.
Nice to see Holdsworth get a trophy.
Echoing those sentiments.

Above all the background political nonsense, it was a decent weekend of racing. Some real standout performances were seen.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3939893)   #102
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Weekend thoughts.

Absolutely.

GT was man of the match for me. Awesome first stint. A cruel blow at the end.

Spent time in the Penrite marquee yesterday. Judging by some of the comments from the reps and management. His Erebus days are over.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Nov 2019, 08:49 (Ref:3939894)   #103
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His first big blunder in my eyes in recent times, was tearing a wheel off the Shahin Lamborghini, dicing with a slower Porsche in the 2018 12hr.

Pushing way too hard too soon, in a car that had pace to burn.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3939934)   #104
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Weekend thoughts.

Ditto all those
Heimgartner and Fullwood looked strong.
Waters is a trouble magnet. And a moaner.
Larko is a guru at explaining stuff. Even valve lifts. But can you please draw where the bolt fell out of SVG's suspension??
Reynolds said he was "tired" during the race. After Bathurst 2018, I didn't think he'd ever say that on air.
Has Murph been warned to stay away from Tim Edwards? Didn't hear a word from Tim all race.
John Iafolla (Toyota 86 driver) is the luckiest man in the universe. There was a hint of Jules Bianchi in that crash.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 11 Nov 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3939947)   #105
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH and not a bad drive from the Kosteki boys and "the finger"
Old 11 Nov 2019, 20:37 (Ref:3940031)   #106
Jamolad
Rookie

Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
John Iafolla (Toyota 86 driver) is the luckiest man in the universe. There was a hint of Jules Bianchi in that crash.
Thought the same when I saw him headed near that heavy machinery.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 01:06 (Ref:3940072)   #107
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because the Penske engine issues straddle both the Bathurst and Sandown threads I have started a separate thread on this. See below
Old 12 Nov 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3940132)   #108
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG stuffed up and took out Anton on Saturday, Shane took full responsibility straight away. Very up front 100% my fault He said. In contrast, Scott taking out CL at Newcastle 2017 I'm not sure if he's taken responsibility for that yet? not 100% anyway. Just a little insight into the two personalities. Hay there could be another redemption book coming soon? Scotty could be the new Arthur Conan Doyle or Agatha Christy of sports book writers. Buy one and get the boxset of the Rocky Movies free.
Oh Saturday race, did you see FC pass Scotty and then drop back in behind and played tail gunner again. Couldn't understand why they signed FC again, after this year I fully understand.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3940160)   #109
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Weekend thoughts.

Though both the Supercheap drivers spoke particularly well post race.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 13:20 (Ref:3940161)   #110
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Makes me laugh, Joe Public watches cars behind two fences these days, while marshals are apparently bulletproof, often standing in the line of fire. That footage of the marshal wandering around scratching his bum at the fence as Scotty torpedoes into the wall at the Gold Coast, and now this shows a level of OH and S hypocrisy IMO.
Oh dear. I presume you've never been trackside...

Marshals are placed in positions of relative safety so that they can perform their duties as necessary. It can never be completely safe and you keep an eye out as best you can for your own safety. If you're on yellow flag, you rely on your colleague to alert you. If you're in a vehicle you park it as far away as possible with regard to access, and unlike spectators you don't gather in large groups so that you're able to move in a hurry if necessary without blocking each other. Sometimes it's necessary to go trackside whilst cars are still circulating which is why we have yellow flags and SC which the drivers ignore because they think they're for them. You also rely on experience to judge where you're most safe and how to mitigate it when there's a risk.

It can never be completely safe, the golden rule is if they can see you, they can get you. And sometimes that applies when they can't see you.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 06:37 (Ref:3940517)   #111
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Sometimes it's necessary to go trackside whilst cars are still circulating which is why we have yellow flags and SC which the drivers ignore because they think they're for them.
Sometimes it's necessary to go trackside whilst cars are still circulating which is why we have yellow flags and SC which the drivers ignore because they think they're NOT for them to obey, heed or even take notice of...they do this at their peril
Old 15 Nov 2019, 03:33 (Ref:3940677)   #112
JT.
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
JT. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Absolutely.

GT was man of the match for me. Awesome first stint. A cruel blow at the end.

Spent time in the Penrite marquee yesterday. Judging by some of the comments from the reps and management. His Erebus days are over.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I was in the Penrite marquee on Saturday
Old 15 Nov 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3940739)   #113
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Sometimes it's necessary to go trackside whilst cars are still circulating which is why we have yellow flags and SC which the drivers ignore because they think they're NOT for them to obey, heed or even take notice of...they do this at their peril
There's a video from Silverstone a couple of weeks back which shows two cars overtaking and running wide whilst marshals are attending a car in the gravel. One of those marshals is me. Sadly (!) the video just misses me giving the drivers a hard stare and a very pointed shrug, of which they seemed to take more notice than they had of the flags.

I did once manage to hit a FFord on the helmet with my yellow flag, which did get his attention! (He was running very wide in a place where the post was very close to the edge of the track. I didn't run out in order to hit him with it, in case you're wondering )
Old 17 Nov 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3941248)   #114
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Marshals are placed in positions of relative safety so that they can perform their duties as necessary.
I wouldn't even say relative safety.... Like they say at the gate, on your ticket and everywhere else, motorsport is dangerous, period!

Having been a marshal/trackside worker for 10+ years, there is no way you could lure me back trackside again, regardless of how many catch fences, barriers or anything else you claim will keep myself safe. Once something goes wrong, you have no idea what is going to play out and how it is going to effect you.

Some roles do carry a degree of greater safety, but you're not close to the action. And I suppose you could burn yourself with your freshly made coffee in race control