Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Dec 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3869392)   #3001
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One little fact that these EU goons completely overlook is the fact that the UK is our country, not theirs. I know they have an insatiable lust for our money, but the decision to leave should be ours & ours alone.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 12:39 (Ref:3869398)   #3002
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
We’re heading towards the whole EU being FUBAR, to use the acronym....
Old 11 Dec 2018, 12:46 (Ref:3869399)   #3003
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually think that all these BREXIT posts should be taken out and transferred to the parc ferme bit of the forum.
I am fed up of the whole debate and don't really want to have to read about it when I come on here. This is meant to be a pleasant distraction, for me anyway. Please.......
Old 11 Dec 2018, 12:51 (Ref:3869401)   #3004
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is not "Tea Break" the "Parc Ferme" thread for us old blokes who can't navigate round the rest of the Forum?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Dec 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3869406)   #3005
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe, but i would rather not talk about politics in my Tea Break, when uts rammed down my throat the rest of the time.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3869407)   #3006
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
We’re heading towards the whole EU being FUBAR, to use the acronym....
Is it not FUBOR
Old 11 Dec 2018, 13:54 (Ref:3869413)   #3007
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Is it not FUBOR
…. up beyond all recognition, as I understand it. What is this delta variation?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3869420)   #3008
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Is it not FUBOR
BAR.... The last word can alter- in this case I was thinking ‘Beyond All Repair’.

The first two words don’t need any explanation....

While Andy97 has a point, so does midgetman. It’s beyond normal politics, so let’s keep it tongue in cheek like Max and leave it at that!
Old 11 Dec 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3869421)   #3009
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I actually think that all these BREXIT posts should be taken out and transferred to the parc ferme bit of the forum.
I am fed up of the whole debate and don't really want to have to read about it when I come on here. This is meant to be a pleasant distraction, for me anyway. Please.......
To be fair we are bombarded with BREXIT everywhere else, it's just that I feel that the opinions aired on here are far more balanced and understandable...
Old 11 Dec 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3869422)   #3010
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could be worse Andy the talk could be all about F*rd Esc*rts and look how dull that would be.

Oh wait.......

Old 11 Dec 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3869424)   #3011
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It could be worse Andy the talk could be all about F*rd Esc*rts and look how dull that would be.

Oh wait.......

Weren’t many of them made in Europe?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3869425)   #3012
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It could be worse Andy the talk could be all about F*rd Esc*rts and look how dull that would be......
That's a fair point - maybe we should have more talk about Vauxhalls for Bauble (or Peugeots as they now are ).
Old 11 Dec 2018, 14:53 (Ref:3869432)   #3013
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Oh wait.......

To quote The Fat Clerk; I couldn't agree more!
Old 11 Dec 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3869433)   #3014
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
That's a fair point - maybe we should have more talk about Vauxhalls for Bauble (or Peugeots as they now are ).
… I remember the Price Henry being launched …….
Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3869436)   #3015
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone done their Christmas shopping yet?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3869439)   #3016
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Vauxhall launched no 'n' of them didn't they?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3869444)   #3017
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Done and dusted, plus cards all sent. So if you don’t receive one from me in the next couple of days, you’re obviously not on the list.....
Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3869446)   #3018
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I gather they’ve found some unused chassis numbers and new bosses PSA are considering making a run of continuation models....

They’re probably looking at making an EV conversion for existing cars as well, following Aston Martin’s announcement regarding a conversion for the DB4 / 5 / 6.....

Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3869451)   #3019
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Done and dusted, plus cards all sent. So if you don’t receive one from me in the next couple of days, you’re obviously not on the list.....
I'm to lazy to do cards and to mean to buy stamps so I send an email with this in.
Attached Thumbnails
funny-christmas-statuses[1].jpg  
Old 11 Dec 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3869452)   #3020
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
You've got too much time on your hands, Mike!!
Old 11 Dec 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3869454)   #3021
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Christmas?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3869461)   #3022
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

But at what point did the Vauxhalls mostly become Opels?

(After Bob's time, obviously, but ...)
Old 11 Dec 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3869463)   #3023
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Christmas?

And Shopping ....?

What's that?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3869465)   #3024
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Chef Melly Klysmess…

Quote:
Only sent one Christmas card. Saying something like this:
Dear you. I wish you a merry Christmas and happy new year for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and, who knows, many more. Was amazed to learn that instead of King Size beds you discovered the benefit of a single futon, that instead of multi awarded restaurants you prefer now the simplicity of a rise bowl and gave up with telly bull sh……. All this is much better for your health, you'll last longer. May be you got news from your Emmanuel friend, he is at his best, ya no, I'd say "pédale to the métal".
Sayonara Carlos!
Old 11 Dec 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3869481)   #3025
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sadly, as we have around 3 weeks out in Tenerife each December, partly to celebrate milady's birthday but mainly to avoid all the pre-Xmas hype, and we don't return until Xmas Eve, it is logistically impossible to send cards or buy presents (because its illegal to do so before December....and if it isn't, it ought to be!).....