Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Feb 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1225407)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race Programmes

The brother of a friend of ours sadly died last week. Yesterday, his sister gave me something, because she thought I'd like to have it.

Its an absolutely pristine copy of the programme from the John Player Grand Prix of Europe, held at Brands Hatch on 25.9.83. There is barely a mark on it. It also has the "mini-programme" insert, plus a flyer for the 1984 British Grand Prix - general admission price - £7.00 - read it and weep........

Now, I haven't checked on Ebay for similar, but I guess it has some value? (Not that I want to appear mercenary, you know......).
Old 14 Feb 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1225460)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
You'd probably get at least the price of admission to the race for it on eBay - anywhere from that up to around 20 quid if you get a keen buyer.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1225467)   #3
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats something that you should keep. The ammount of money you'd get is probably not worth it.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1225683)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must admit, that's what I suspected. However, I'm in an EBay mood at the moment - I've got about 8 bids in right now and I'm gradually making a little collection of things to flog!
Old 14 Feb 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1225691)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My dad's got a similar program for the 1974 British Grand Prix at Brands. It's also immaculate, but its been kept that way because my dad wants to keep it not sell it.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1225939)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its almost worth it just to be able to look back at some of the names taking part in the support races, i.e.

FF2000 - Julian Bailey, Gary Brabham, Mauricio Gugelmin, Martin Donnelly...

Thundersports - Ray Mallock, Ray Bellm, Mike Wilds...

FF1600 - Andy Wallace, Andrew Gilbert-Scott, Maurizio Sala...

In fact, that race just predated my own return to watching racing about half way through the 1984 season......
Old 15 Feb 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1226530)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I spotted a very interesting signed race program on Ebay last night, my bid in is and hopefully I will get it.........
Old 16 Feb 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1227154)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Its almost worth it just to be able to look back at some of the names taking part in the support races, i.e.

FF2000 - Julian Bailey, Gary Brabham, Mauricio Gugelmin, Martin Donnelly...

Thundersports - Ray Mallock, Ray Bellm, Mike Wilds...

FF1600 - Andy Wallace, Andrew Gilbert-Scott, Maurizio Sala...

In fact, that race just predated my own return to watching racing about half way through the 1984 season......
It is great looking thru old programs, Seeing Steve Soper entered in Metro Races or with an X1/9 in a Mod sports car race.

The price of these on ebay is interesting, I have quite a few from the late 60's early 70s, GP 68-86 incl, F5000, BOAC 1000K etc. Not sure about selling them though, too many memories.

Quite a few are signed by Hill, Stewart, Bell etc
BTW I also have Le Mans 78-92 complete then a few missed years till now.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1227193)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, my dad's 74 program doesn't have any entry lists per se in it.
I did notice a couple of names though.
e.g. In Formula Atlantic there's Alan Jones, Tony Brise, Tom Walkinshaw
Old 16 Feb 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1227196)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect a separate race card might have been issued pirenzo, which would have gone to press later to get the most up to date information.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1227370)   #11
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirenzo - definitely need to look for a racecard. It's a little A5 sized foldout if I remember rightly for the '74 race. I'll keep an eye out.

I love race programmes. 3000 and counting and looking forward to the Stoneleigh show to perhaps find a few more gapfillers.

The weird thing is that you can never pre-guess what a programme will sell for. The humblest club programme can be worth more than a big international, simply because there were a lot of the big ones printed and lots of people kept them. The toughest post-war ones are for the short-lived circuits such as Boreham, Turnberry, Charterhall and Davidstow. The last Boreham one I needed I had to pay £30 for - for 10 pages of A5.

Pre-war material is a different matter. It's almost impossible to source nowadays and you have to be desparately lucky. And pre-war European programmes - forget it. The lucky owners can virtually write their own cheques.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1227374)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I knew I was stockpiling programmes for a reason
Old 19 Feb 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1230347)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I spotted a very interesting signed race program on Ebay last night, my bid in is and hopefully I will get it.........
Er, I have bid out bid. The item I was bidding on was a copy of the 1988 Le Mans program, signed by the winning drivers.

I'm out now as the bidding has gone up to about £30, as much as I wanted this item there is no way I am going that high............
Old 20 Feb 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1230751)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeh, I know what its like. I have about 22 items on my bid list right now, but I'm out for the count on most of them.....