Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 23 Mar 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1874612)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The NASCAR releases starting to break cover now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/42-Juan-Pablo-...QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone know if these Action models are any good?

Also, keep an eye out for chrome and orange Mclaren MP4/21's. I noticed the Kimi McLaren is out in 1/43 so the 1/18 Montoya models cannot be far away....next month I reckon.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 19:30 (Ref:1876068)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I have a 1/18 JPM Indy 500 winning car made by Action, as is my JPM 1999 CART car. (Check out that link you originally sent me knowles )

I think the Action models are good.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 19:34 (Ref:1876074)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Forgot to mention, one thing i do like about Action models is that the engine cover comes off to reveal a detailed engine, plus, in the case of the Indy 500 car at least, the top of the front comes off to reveal the suspension springs. Something you don't get with Minichamps or Hot Wheels.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 19:53 (Ref:1876087)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only problem with Action is they do skimp on detail a bit. But they do have some other extra features which almost make up for it. Action are where Minichamps were late 90's which is no bad thing!

I have the Indy 500 winner which is a bit shoddy (still worth having). The Champcars they did were pretty neat though, like that 99 car you got V! (I still need that BTW....). Although later on, they got a bit lazy and didn't change the chassis details.....I think the 2005 cars they were still using casts from 2000.

Minichamps perfect the cars nowadays, I can't wait to see the job they have done for the chrome Macs!

Hot Wheels, I shall not speak of them.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 12:42 (Ref:1879154)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yeah I think my Zanardi version is an Action model and apart from the livery and the driver's helmet which are good representations, I never really thought the actual car looked much like the Reynard?!!

Tell you what i'd love guys is if some firm like Minichamps started doing 1:8 scale helmets again. I'd love to add a JPM skid lid to my collection which features Ayrton, Gilles and Jacques (shhh don't tell all the JV fans, but i bought it when he was 'good.') along with the smaller 1:12 is it, Lehto, Herbert and HHF lids.

I think I might purchase a Texaco Dodge 1:18 at some point as well as the '05 MP4/20 if any are still around.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1879298)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I have a 1:2 scale JPM skid lid. The 2002 chrome design.

It cost an arm and a leg off eBay but it just had to be bought!
Old 30 Mar 2007, 22:06 (Ref:1880149)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Apparently there is a model of the Busch Mexico winner as well to come, if this site is anything to go by:
http://www.race-depot.com/index.php?...&cPath=100_241

This is going to get very expensive.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 11:26 (Ref:1881025)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And now this: goddamn it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NASCAR-2007-Ju...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 1 Apr 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1881033)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh christ, I'm learning about these Action models.

Apparently there are elite versions of most of the cars which are more expensive, but more detailed.

This is quite irritating now.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:37 (Ref:1882247)   #35
Mr V
Veteran

England
Are they still going to release the JPM testing version of the 2006 McLaren? Does anybody know?

Look's in Knowlesy's direction
Old 3 Apr 2007, 15:48 (Ref:1882770)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, due in the next month or so!

Just ordered myself a Havoline Dodge. I am skint, but I deserve a treat. Admittedly, I deserve these more often than is necessary.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1889864)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Arrived today (with £18 customs charge). Very smart models, I was pleasantly surprised.

All of which is dangerous for the finances.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1889876)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Might be worth a look then. There's a few diecasts i'll be looking to add to the collection soon, a McLaren MP4/20 possibly first up and maybe the NASCAR afterwards.

There's a few non JPM cars i'd like as well, notably one of the Minichamps Cologne Capris, a 635 CSi and i'd love it id they came up with a Rover Vitesse, but that's for another day!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 11:22 (Ref:1894603)   #39
Mr V
Veteran

England
E-mail me a piccy of your new car Knowles
Old 18 Apr 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1894816)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'll try my best (having problems getting the camera to communicate with computer at the moment, I was gonna post some pics here on Sunday...).
Old 18 Apr 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1894971)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Got it working now. Unfortunately, I had to delete all the data from my phone to do this and all the decent pics are gone.

The damn thing wouldn't focus, so I can't show you the engine and stuff.

So here's a pic of, err, the box and the car. Also stuck a pic of the half scale crash hat in there!
Attached Thumbnails
Image006.jpg   Image001.jpg   Image005.jpg  

Old 18 Apr 2007, 23:16 (Ref:1895148)   #42
Mr V
Veteran

England
Looks good dude
Old 19 Apr 2007, 07:44 (Ref:1895267)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yeah pretty nice looking model!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1895273)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Problem is, I was so impressed with the model quality that I'm tempted to get a lot more. Some of the liveries in NASCAR are fantastic.

But as there are four Montoya cars out this year (plus two F1 cars) I better hadn't!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 08:00 (Ref:1895280)   #45
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

That's a 'monster' amount of merchandise you're looking at there then? oh ho, ho, ho...

Yes NASCAR's are like wall art in some of their livery designs aren't they? lots of flair and colour.
Old 6 May 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1907549)   #46
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I saw three Montoya cars lined up in one of the trade trucks when I was in the States last week. They looked fantastic quality and were very good value I thought (about 60 bucks each) - I had to physically remove myself from the stand before I bought them and ended up going down the line of starting another collection. Although, I've got to be honest, I would probably consider selling off my Senna collection to finance a Montoya one sometime, the variety of machinery that would be included would be fantastic.
Old 6 May 2007, 11:30 (Ref:1907557)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That's what attracts me to be honest. It is a nice varied collection of cars and it ain't done yet! I have stopped my Kimi collection for this reason, as well as the fact I don't particularly care for his career that much anyways. Buying purely F1 cars becomes tedious after a hundred or so.

I just wish someone would release the '96 DTM Mercedes, '96 F3 car, Daytona Lexus Riley and F3000 cars. And the 2000 Lola Champcar (all in 1/18 of course). This is a ridiculous wish of course!
Old 6 May 2007, 12:30 (Ref:1907596)   #48
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Do you have a photo of your Montoya collection? I'd love to see it, it must be very impressive!
Old 6 May 2007, 13:47 (Ref:1907646)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'll get one up later.....they are all in boxes though and I have no small screwdrivers to hand!
Old 6 May 2007, 16:22 (Ref:1907724)   #50
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
In boxes?!

Tags
jpm