Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 3 Feb 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1832581)   #26
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How truly strange it is to hear you guys complain about a lack of NASCAR coverage over there. Here, sometimes, it's like that's all we get.

Why live racing coverage isn't readily available worldwide by now, online at the very least, is beyond me. I know, I know, it's a function of broadcast rights and cost - and I ain't gonna pay for it - but you'd think the powers that be in a market this competitive, would take advantage of such an obvious opportunity. They should be all over it! First one out's gonna reap most of the reward IMO. Guess that's why I'm not the one doin' it.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1832590)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well, it just doesn't look all that positive really does it?

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?c...=142760&bhcp=1

Put it this way, I'd be surprised if they managed to get NASCAR on air for the gatorade duels. But it looks more like we won't get any coverage for some months after some searching around and gauging the general consensus.
Strange strategy from NASCAR. To attract new fans and promote NASCAR (and their sponsors) they should sell the rights for low prices. Without TV coverage in Europe the interest in NASCAR will decrease. I got Motors TV in the 2nd half of 2006 and discovered TVUPlayer at the end of 2006. It gave my interest in NASCAR a big boost.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1832594)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
May as well change the title of the channel to SportscarsTV.
Nothing wrong with sportscars, but I prefer a channel a mixed schedule of sportscars, touring cars, NASCAR and rally. I can understand it's difficult to do live coverage of BTCC because of DTM and LMS but why not show it at Sunday or Monday evening?
Old 3 Feb 2007, 16:42 (Ref:1832629)   #29
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I got Motors TV in the 2nd half of 2006 and discovered TVUPlayer at the end of 2006. It gave my interest in NASCAR a big boost.
Fire, does TVU Player show NASCAR live or otherwise over there? If it does, problem solved?

I loaded it over a year ago for what I thought would be some DTM coverage, and they were showing alright, just not over here.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 18:36 (Ref:1832689)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
With TVU you can receive FOX and other channels. Unfortunaly FOX will have only NASCAR coverage in the first half of the season.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1832695)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nothing wrong with sportscars, but I prefer a channel a mixed schedule of sportscars, touring cars, NASCAR and rally. I can understand it's difficult to do live coverage of BTCC because of DTM and LMS but why not show it at Sunday or Monday evening?
Sportscars is great, not knocking it. ALMS is an absolute joy.

But Motors' schedule will be very skinny this season!
Old 4 Feb 2007, 07:56 (Ref:1833041)   #32
MrSal2
Rookie

MrSal2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just take a look at the sky plus planner for next Saturday night. There is no Bud shootout on any of the various nasn channels. Just a load of ice hockey. Time for another e-mail to nasn!

Mike
Old 4 Feb 2007, 16:03 (Ref:1833256)   #33
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
With TVU you can receive FOX and other channels. Unfortunaly FOX will have only NASCAR coverage in the first half of the season.
That's better than nothing then, at least can watch that and help NASN sort themselves out for the second half / rest of the season.
Old 5 Feb 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1834058)   #34
MrSal2
Rookie

MrSal2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See latest reply from nasn. I know I'm not allowed to swear on here so the best most apt comment I can manage is'aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh'

Dear Mr Wright,

Thank you for contacting NASN - the only TV channel dedicated to North American sports in Europe.

In response to your query, I can only confirm that NASN are in negotiations with NASCAR at present regarding this years coverage and we expect to make an announcement regarding NASCAR coverage for the upcoming season very soon.

I can assure you that NASN will constantly strive to bring you the very best shows featuring news, views, highlights and analysis available

Mike
Old 5 Feb 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1834170)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they are making the announcement soon, they better shift it because it starts on the 10th. Fools!
Old 5 Feb 2007, 20:35 (Ref:1834188)   #36
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive just checked Premiere Sport in Germany, and they are showing it live :

They say : Joyride into the new season! The HP-Cracks go on the famous track of Daytona at the start. In the night to the 11 February, there is the "Budweiser Shootout" live in premiere.

Im amazed that NASN are letting everyone down like this , is was bad enough they cancelled their pay monthy service and made everyone sign into a 12 month minimum contract , but now to mess with their Nascar coverage with will they or wont they show Nascar is ridiculous .

Surley people will have a right to cancel early if they stop showing the sport that people subcribe for ?
Old 6 Feb 2007, 13:02 (Ref:1834672)   #37
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sato san
Surley people will have a right to cancel early if they stop showing the sport that people subcribe for ?
Unlikely sadly since you've contracted to the service and not the sport. Poor form certainly but not a chance they would have to pay anyone back.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1834778)   #38
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget that Channel 5 will ppick up the 1 hour highlights and put them on around midnight the Monday after (usually) though last year they switched the last few races to Five US - which is freeview, on around 7pm on a weeknight.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1834835)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's not the same though really. Kudos to Five for doing it, but a four hour race is not the same when crushed into about 50 minutes.

And when you know the result as well!
Old 7 Feb 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1835508)   #40
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes , i agree ..its good to see Channel 5 giving some coverage at least , Hats off to them . But for me some of the enjoyment of Nascar is the huge biuld up to the race , especially at the Daytona 500 . Fireworks , someone like Bon Jovi doing a huge build up song , followed by a chior loads of children singing the Nation Athem , then the fly past ....all this for me is so good and really adds to the build up of such a event . Once the race starts the excitement is more than built up perfectly .

NASN are really letting people down here IMO , I used to have NASN when they would let you pay monthy on a 1 month basis . This was perfect and each time when ever i could afford it , i would phone up to reconnected , They would always ask which North American sports i was most interested in with NASN , of course my answer always was Only Nascar ! . Im kind of lucky now as i can get Premiere for Nascar coverage , but if i had decided to commit to 12 month contract for NASN and they had asked me the usual question of which North American sports am i interested in , and then they stopped transmitting that sport on their network , i seriously think i would cancel my direct debit with them regardless of what agreement was in place . Afterall they have changed the goal posts on what was subscribed for with Nascar coverage .

Last edited by Sato san; 7 Feb 2007 at 15:33.
Old 7 Feb 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1835551)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, the build up is always great! It's so vulgar, but it cranks up the atmosphere big time! Sends a shiver down the spine once it's all done and they get the call: "Gentlemen, start your engines!" and those engines roar into life.

Not that I'll see any of that this year.
Old 7 Feb 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1835771)   #42
montoya
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leeds, Yorkshire
montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe that the year Montoya decides to join the nascar ranks is the year that Busch racing, from what has been said on this thread, is looking like it won't be on Motors TV and live nextel cup is rather uncertain to say the least!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8 Feb 2007, 00:15 (Ref:1835867)   #43
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Goooo Foxsports. I'll be watching the bud shoot out on sunday, what about you guys?
Old 8 Feb 2007, 06:19 (Ref:1835990)   #44
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Goooo Foxsports. I'll be watching the bud shoot out on sunday, what about you guys?
If you've read the last few posts (or anything in the whole thread, really) you'll notice that coverage is a bit iffy to say the least. Here's hoping that NASN manage to get it before the premiere!
Old 8 Feb 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1836128)   #45
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry, that was a Sarcastic Knowlsey probe.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1836294)   #46
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Yeah, the build up is always great! It's so vulgar, but it cranks up the atmosphere big time! Sends a shiver down the spine once it's all done and they get the call: "Gentlemen, start your engines!" and those engines roar into life.

For a long time the build up to these races used to annoy the hell out of me , i was more used to the conservative British race start approach ( which was basically nothing except the cars lining up on the grid ! ) ..then one day , i clicked with the American way and it completely changed my thoughts , now i love it , its so over the top its crazy , even makes me laugh sometimes too where its so over the top ...was it last year that they flew the Presdient in and Airforce 1 did a fly by ? ..... superb ! , .....by the time the did Gentlemen start your engines , i was worn out already !
Old 8 Feb 2007, 14:17 (Ref:1836330)   #47
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
can I just say

Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets Go Racing Boys!

worth watching NASCAR on TV for that alone - beats James Allen by so so much
Old 8 Feb 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1836495)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Sorry, that was a Sarcastic Knowlsey probe.
I'm more sorry that NASCAR is getting overlooked in Europe more than anything. It's infuriating. It'd be nice for the series to build up over here as it is largely ignored. Finally a chance comes along with Montoya in the series and it's canned!

I'll get to see the races somehow. Probably delayed, so you can mod the place during race time.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 22:31 (Ref:1836779)   #49
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Pretty bloody annoying I was desperate for NASN to lose the deal, safe in the knowledge that Sky or Motors would pick it up, but that kinda went wrong Can't believe no one will show it
Old 8 Feb 2007, 23:12 (Ref:1836832)   #50
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour has it NASCAR will be on Rangers TV. Announcement Friday or Saturday.