Old 27 Jul 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1666216)   #26
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
I've never seen a photographer working for an insurance company at a track day, also, photos are not allowed for personal gain from members of the public, so If the guy is being paid the photos would be illegal!
Ah! how would you know it was n't a Loss Adjuster working for an Insurance Company. They do not all go around with a Sun Alliance umbrella!, and I can assure you that at Druids, one of my favourite haunts on Track Days, I speak to many photographers in passing - all taking MANY photo's of their mates!!!!
Old 27 Jul 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1666230)   #27
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or even car "tuners" taking somone elses car for a spin.
"Just checking the work was OK sir, honest"
Old 28 Jul 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1666623)   #28
Anuauto
Racer

Anuauto has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by archaic gold
somewhere like Somerset, where I do not believe there is a Race Track anywhere near.
Obviously never seen the public road match racing deep in the Mendips when they get bored with the sheep. American Graffiti with wurzels.
Old 20 Jul 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2254851)   #29
Alex Laidlaw
Rookie

Alex Laidlaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Adams
b) they're logging the numberplates because they think track day drivers are more likely to have an accident on the road? they'd call upon this info when come renewal time or when requesting a quote

if its (b) my plates are coming off!
I doubt it is the case, after explaining to the insurance company that one of our cars would only be used for racing and driving to circuits (so only relatively low risk motorway miles) the insurance dropped from over £1000 to around £300.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2255375)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The practice of taping up plates years ago was the same as taping headlights etc, so there wasn't so much clearing up in the event of a prang !
But I have known a few "Hertz" type cars to be used .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jul 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2256375)   #31
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interestingly, my latest insurance renewal has the usual exclusions about the car being used for motorsport events, but then says that 'non-competitive track days' are not considered as motorsport events for the purposes of said exclusion.

I find it interesting, cos' has anyone ever been to a trackday and not tried to drive competetitively?