Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Apr 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2672070)   #1
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CER season 2010 Round 1 Paul Ricard

Surprising to see that there is nothing here yet on the Classic Endurance Series for 2010. It has started this weekend at Le Castellet/Paul Ricard, with 63 entries. For the whole season the five races have been massively oversubscribed, with reserve lists up to 12 cars. Two race will not be hold simultaneously with the LMS series, but on sperate occasions in Monza (before the Le Mans weekend) and in October for a second round at Le Castellet. Also Group C will be there.

We will follow all five races and our first report is here.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...t-8-Hours.html

Tomorrow I will upload more shots.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 06:26 (Ref:2672467)   #2
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As promised here are some more shots
First is Christian Traber's original 1,4 liter 935-K1, now running with a three liter,
Second, Mr. John of B's 512 BB/LM which failed to make the grid after technical problems
Third, Primrose's Lola T212, now back in its original livery, having erroneously run under Filipinetti colours for some years
Fourth, the surprisingly fast 934 of Hervé Regout
Fifth, now a familiar sight, but always good to watch, Kevin Wilkin's Lola
Sixth the March 73S was back again, no longer driven by Nicolet though.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3744.1.jpg   IMG_3752.1.jpg   IMG_3932.1.jpg  

IMG_3936.1.jpg   IMG_3956.1.jpg   IMG_3974.1.jpg  

Old 14 Apr 2010, 06:41 (Ref:2672470)   #3
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Some more
First a rather slow Porsche 906
Second, Sandy Watson took over Marc Devis' B36 for this season
Third: What some call the Duckhams and others a nicely put together collection of parts
Fourth Paul Knapfield's 712 well suited for the track, but you guessed it, out with technical problems well before the race
Fifth Lola T70, a chassis which according to Starkey was never seen after 1968...
Sixth: The fabulous ex Japanese Lola T280 of Carlos Barbot, fresh out of a 7 year restoratiion upon its return from Japan.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3982.1.jpg   IMG_3998.1.jpg   JU7U1360.1.jpg  

JU7U1195.1.jpg   JU7U1347.1.jpg   JU7U1500.1.jpg  

Old 14 Apr 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2672479)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
great photo's and colour Henk - you ARE the European John Turner!!
Old 14 Apr 2010, 07:06 (Ref:2672482)   #5
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
great photo's and colour Henk - you ARE the European John Turner!!
Thanks, and I suppose the second part of your remark can be seen as a compliment too (Although, being British, isn't John Turner European too???)
Old 14 Apr 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2672483)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
no he is British, hopefully English ;o)
Old 14 Apr 2010, 07:19 (Ref:2672485)   #7
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
no he is British, hopefully English ;o)
so he IS European.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2672540)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am English, British, European, but not, it would seem, very worldly. My photos are defintely not on a par with Pieter's so he would be within his rights to feel offended, Simon!
Old 14 Apr 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2672618)   #9
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
You have your moments John. I've got a picture somewhere of you telling Jeff Bloxham how to take pictures!
Old 14 Apr 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2672620)   #10
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
You have your moments John. I've got a picture somewhere of you telling Jeff Bloxham how to take pictures!
It is more important to be WHERE Bloxham takes pictures, because he attracts accidents.....
Old 14 Apr 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2672652)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeff has given me a lot of useful advice over the years, but he's not the only one, and I still can't get it right! And yes, Pieter, Jeff does have a knack of knowing where the action is; some say he actually acts as a magnet for it. Getting off topic here, I feel!
Old 14 Apr 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2672664)   #12
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Getting off topic here, I feel!
time to get back on it then...
First the ex-Luco 908/3 turbo, now owned by Jean Guikas.
Second: Mistral Boulevard, open top Corvette
Third: PLafarge in the winning Lola
Fourth: The colour is strange, but Ferrer ended quite high this time
Fifth: Stepak's A220
Sixth: One of several regular RS Porsches, this is the Brun car.
Attached Thumbnails
JU7U1174.1.jpg   JU7U1400.1.jpg   JU7U1561.1.jpg  

JU7U1631.1.jpg   JU7U1742.1.jpg   IMG_4001.1.jpg  

Old 15 Apr 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2673079)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Nice shots as ever, Pieter. I just hope they take that weather with them all year!
Old 21 Apr 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2677561)   #14
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another great race with the beautiful cars - I wish they were at all the LMS races this year as they were last year. Too bad about the 712 but what it does run, it's quite fast...just needs a bit more dependability but then that's not it real attribute per CanAm adventures. Our friend runs his 275 GTB4 - absolutely beautiful Ferrari, lots of history on this car too. . . Jan actually runs it the way it used to be.

Looking forward to the 65 entries at Spa. As with Spa last year, there's cars you only see at this race.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2677746)   #15
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I do hope so. It's one of the big attractions for me, at Spa this year!
Old 22 Apr 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2678115)   #16
Delbert
Racer

United Kingdom
Gatwick
Delbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pieter (& Wouter) You do a great job of recording the history of these modern races of historic racers - drivers and cars!

From the little i know about the re-build of the Duckhams Special I believe it is better than a box of bits and has a sound basis for its being. Either way it is another lovely addition to the grid.

See you at Spa
Old 26 Apr 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2679795)   #17
boesel
Rookie

boesel has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi all,
at this address you can find an article and 113 photos about the first round of Classic Endurance Racing
http://www.connectingrod.it/HistoricalEvents/ClassicEnduranceRacing/2010/PaulRicard/paulricard_eng.html
Old 26 Apr 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2679897)   #18
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
Pieter (& Wouter) You do a great job of recording the history of these modern races of historic racers - drivers and cars!

From the little i know about the re-build of the Duckhams Special I believe it is better than a box of bits and has a sound basis for its being. Either way it is another lovely addition to the grid.

See you at Spa
the sound basis for its being might be the chassis that crashed heavily twice during its life underneath a VW, but might still be same, I was told now.