1 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2765469)   #26
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3. Some racing and passing, but with the exception of Hamilton on Webber it was all faster car vs. slower. Only reason Hamilton got a run on Webber anyways was because the Virgin ahead was blocking.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2765477)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa_Rob View Post
Surely the revenue gained from tourism and hospitality alone would be enough of a reason to have such an annual event in any city. Anyway would be sad to see it go if it happens, thanks for the heads up.
Apparently not, which is why they are reconsidering. I'm sure a lot of revenue is generated but it filters its way back into the coffers, it doesn't come back in a lump sum, meanwhile money has already been paid out in the form of Bernies fee.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2765479)   #28
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt see anywhere it said that they are reconsidering, it just says that they will evaluate the profitability of hosting a race. It would be ridiculous if they didnt evaulate that after a few years imo.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 13:10 (Ref:2765484)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I didnt see anywhere it said that they are reconsidering, it just says that they will evaluate the profitability of hosting a race. It would be ridiculous if they didnt evaulate that after a few years imo.
You're right but with losses in Melbourne and Austin up in the air, maybe I'm being over pessimistic.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2765498)   #30
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im thinking it is negotiating talk starting for the next contract, (fpr 2013>) given the current one expires after the 2012 race..... obviously a deal will be up for discussion well before 2012.

...Bernie was raving about Singapore being the bees knees and as far as he is concerned he wants them longterm, 20+ years.

If I heard Bernie say that he felt that strongly and positive from an F1 pov and we were about to negotiate the next phase, I would be thinking, Hmmmm if Bernie wants it that bad, and it is that good for the F1 image for a GP to be held in Singapore, perhaps we need to start talking discounted rates..... and a good way to start that is by saying we have to look at the benefits v high costs, and we have no Government decision yet as to whether Singapore will even want to renew the GP deal.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2765515)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Quite a boring race, with some liveliness on occasion.
Also, Heikki turning up the heat next to the pitlane was a warming touch.

So I gave it a 6, not too shabby.
Sometimes we can agree...

Most races this season are below 6, and yet we're having a great season.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2765524)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Sometimes we can agree...

Most races this season are below 6, and yet we're having a great season.
I wonder if it's something to do with the points spread. If Webber has a DNF next race and Lewis were to win he wouldbe ahead of Webber by just 5 points and if say Alonso came second, he'd be in the lead by 216. All very exciting stuff.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2765572)   #33
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's a '6'.

Yes, it's a great season because five drivers still have four races to go in which any one of them could become WDC. We also have four races to go in which any one of us could become mildly irritated with the dynamics of Formula One cars.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2765655)   #34
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I gave it a 7. Although it was a bit prossesional for a start the safety car periods made it better IMHO.
Being a Hammy fan it was a bit of a downer for me after the "incident" also because I was watching it on Spanish TV there was only one driver in the race according to the commentators
I'm going to be watching the Japanese Grand Prix in Spain, Gordon. I'm not looking forward to Lobato from what I've heard. Is he as awfully partisan as I've heard? I'm looking forward to the race if McLaren win though. Apparently the commentators there think Fernandito walks on water.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2765661)   #35
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Quote:
"We want to make sure the economic benefits are justifiable going forward," he told reporters on Sunday night. "I would say the decision to proceed will rest on a robust cost-benefit analysis, and clearly the terms on any deal we get going forward."
Take note, Bernie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa_Rob View Post
Surely the revenue gained from tourism and hospitality alone would be enough of a reason to have such an annual event in any city. Anyway would be sad to see it go if it happens, thanks for the heads up.
You underestimate the cost of hosting a Grand Prix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
Yesterday's race felt like it was going on until 2012...
I loved the length of the race. I'd like more races to go on for 2 hours.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2765663)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i gave it an 8.

if this was the beginning of the season i would have found it a tad processional although Kubica really spiced things up at the end.

the 5 WDC contenders all up front on the grid, great drive through the field for Webber after a odd pit call, his incident with Hamilton, the almost challange by Button at the end, Alonso vs a lurking Vettel...not much may have happened in the end but i was pretty riveted to the Tv.

great entertainment at a spectacular venue. just the number of posts and threads about it should indicate people got more enjoyment here than the scores would indicate imo.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2765683)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Missed the accident but some overtaking and that was more than we could have hoped for so gave it a 5
Old 27 Sep 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2765780)   #38
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8, seeing Michael get bounced and and Heikki's fire fighting skills made it all good.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 00:08 (Ref:2765822)   #39
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
We think there are four races to go, but if Korea doesn't happen, and even Bernie and the teams are getting edgy about that now, it will only be three, which makes a huge difference.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2765911)   #40
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I loved the length of the race. I'd like more races to go on for 2 hours.
A two hour race is fine if there are things happening on the track, but much of Sunday's race was just follow-the-leader. I felt like I had been watching it for days by the time it finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
We think there are four races to go, but if Korea doesn't happen, and even Bernie and the teams are getting edgy about that now, it will only be three, which makes a huge difference.
Bernie saying that Korea may not go ahead gives me every confidence that it will. This is the same man who claimed the British GP would either happen at Donington or not happen at all. Whatever he says, I assume the opposite is true.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Sep 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2766019)   #41
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm going to be watching the Japanese Grand Prix in Spain, Gordon. I'm not looking forward to Lobato from what I've heard. Is he as awfully partisan as I've heard? I'm looking forward to the race if McLaren win though. Apparently the commentators there think Fernandito walks on water.
I thought the Japanese GP was in Japan ?
Yes Alonso seems to be able to do anything, they were even talking about him when he wasn't being shown ! Half the program was taken up with an interview with Pedro de la Rosa, well what do you expect after the football World Cup !

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 28 Sep 2010 at 12:15.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Sep 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2766036)   #42
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I read a Q&A page today with this guy here: http://www.elpais.com/edigitales/ent...k=Manel_Serras

Most of his answers were reasonable, but the question about why De la Rosa was replaced seems to ignore saying "He wasn't good enough". Instead it says Heidfeld was a second away from Kobayashi (I'm not sure when this is meant to be- not in qualifying, maybe in the race, but if it is a fair analysis, that will be in clean air, and I have my doubts).

Still, If Hamilton wins, I'll love that. I will particularly savour their reactions.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2767211)   #43
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 for me, wasnt the most exciting race Id ever seen
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2767512)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
We also have four races to go in which any one of us could become mildly irritated with the dynamics of Formula One cars.
Mildly... that's a bad sign.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2767513)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
5 for me, wasnt the most exciting race Id ever seen
Yeah, to be "excited" is something we're not having much...
Old 1 Oct 2010, 06:16 (Ref:2767604)   #46
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I read a Q&A page today with this guy here: http://www.elpais.com/edigitales/ent...k=Manel_Serras

Most of his answers were reasonable, but the question about why De la Rosa was replaced seems to ignore saying "He wasn't good enough". Instead it says Heidfeld was a second away from Kobayashi (I'm not sure when this is meant to be- not in qualifying, maybe in the race, but if it is a fair analysis, that will be in clean air, and I have my doubts).
If you look at their racelap times, of the pair Heidfeld set the fastest race lap of the two Saubers, on lap 29, the lap before Kobie went out of the race.....

Nick HEIDFELD BMW Sauber 1'52''475 - +4.499 -L29 -162.372

Kamui KOBAYASHI BMW Sauber 1'53''957 - +5.981-L22 -160.260

So Nick set a race lap 1.5 seconds faster than Kobie managed.

Of course traffic considerations must have had some influence on those, but the facts show Heidfeld as recording faster race laps than Kobayashi.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2768085)   #47
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Thanks, E.B, so typical blind Spanish media then.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2768104)   #48
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I forgot to mention Lorenzo running away with the Moto GP as well !
Espana are on a charge this year
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Oct 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2768119)   #49
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I forgot to mention Lorenzo running away with the Moto GP as well !
Espana are on a charge this year
Helped a lot by the fact his main opposition have all suffered race missing injuries....

.... trying to think of the last Spanish MotoGP Champion.... Alex Criville in the late 90's? He was probably first and only Spanish (Senior Class) MotoGP champion to date. Of course the smaller classes are a different story, with more Spanish champions, with people like Nieto who has a huge number (well into double figures) of smaller class world championships, plus Pedrosa winning 125 and 250, not to mention Lorenzo himself was 250 champion on his way up.

oops going off topic a bit.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2769134)   #50
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Both Criville and Angel Nieto commentate on the Spanish coverage of the Moto GPs
Back to F1 !