Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3348299)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chantilly Arts and Elegance Richard Mille

Chantilly Arts and Elegance Richard Mille
Old 2 Jan 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3349632)   #2
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille proposes an original and dynamic combination between Arts and Elegance, Past and Future, Automobile and Fashion, Culture and Entertainment … staged as an Elegant Sunday in the Countryside which offers to its participants coming from all around the world, as well as to its visitors, all kinds of interactive entertainment.

One Concours, three contests. Under the name of the Most Beautiful Cars in the World, a Concours d'Etat dedicated to the major classic cars collectors, nowadays called 'Concours d'Elegance'.

Then a proper Concours d'Elegance for the manufacturers' modern concept cars, each of them associated with a Couture Company. Then, the Grand Prix des Clubs, awarding one of the Great Clubs invited to the 'Lunch on the Grass' party for its presentation.

This praise to elegance in all its aspects, is inspired by the Concours d’Elégance of former times and intends to become one of the worldwide must dos as are the Tour Auto Optic 2ooo rally and the Le Mans Classic track event.

Indeed, it also aims to be a social, family and friendly event, entertaining all categories of public by a celebration of Luxury through a certain “Art de Vivre * la Française”.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3349950)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Another up market trailer queen event in Europe .

Cars are to be used! There are enough of these possing parties to keep the car snobs satisified in both Europe and US.

Not to do with Historic Competition or this forum?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3349958)   #4
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Another up market trailer queen event in Europe .

Cars are to be used! There are enough of these possing parties to keep the car snobs satisified in both Europe and US.

Not to do with Historic Competition or this forum?

hear, hear !!

I fully agree with You, John

Rudolf
Old 3 Jan 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3349964)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I take your point John, and, absolutely, cars are to be used; this sort of beauty parade is one of the reasons why so many cars are valued out of the reach of mere mortals. This would probably be better in our Classic Car Forum, but we know Louis is a historic racing enthusiast, so hope that we haven't offended him with our bluntness.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3350014)   #6
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well, I take your point John, and, absolutely, cars are to be used; this sort of beauty parade is one of the reasons why so many cars are valued out of the reach of mere mortals. This would probably be better in our Classic Car Forum, but we know Louis is a historic racing enthusiast, so hope that we haven't offended him with our bluntness.
You didn't offend me ! The thread was created by Peter so I just posted the basic details of the event. If it has to be moved, then please do so.

Jesus said : "Drive it like you stole it !"
Old 3 Jan 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3350107)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Louis,Your Ricard race got rave reports and LMC is the best historic meeting so the fact that we are having a go at you lot getting involved in another beauty parade shows the balance on this forum!

See you at Retromobile and hope that JT can come along as our designated diplomat
Old 3 Jan 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3350109)   #8
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
You didn't offend me ! The thread was created by Peter so I just posted the basic details of the event. If it has to be moved, then please do so.

Jesus said : "Drive it like you stole it !"

hats off, Louis
very cool answer

Rudolf
Old 4 Jan 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3350245)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We can move it if necessary. I thought it covered classics, racers and new cars and as it is (I think) part of the Peter Auto programme, I figured it was no different to AutoSport International.