Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:23 (Ref:852111)   #1
solja
Rookie

solja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speeding at last years Le Mans

Unfortunatly I was caught speeding on my journey back to Calais after last years 24 hr. I paid the fine and a friend drove the rest of the way and I thought nothing else of it. Until yesterday when on the door mat landed a letter from the "Juridiction De Proximite De Berney".
I can make out the jist of the letter, it details the offence, the fine and If I wish to contest it or not. However I am unsure if It is after more money or is just that the speeding ticket has made it through the usual legal procedings and I now have a penalty notice, which I have already paid.
My question is, is there someone out there who may of seen one of these before and has better French than me (not difficult I grant you) that wouldnt mind taking a look at it for me - If I scanned it in and PM it to you.

Thanks
Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:59 (Ref:852135)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Is this what they call a "french letter" !!!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:38 (Ref:852173)   #3
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try typing it into.... http://babel.altavista.com/ not perfect but will give you a good idea of it anyway.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:40 (Ref:852175)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Speeding at last years Le Mans

Quote:
Originally posted by solja
"Juridiction De Proximite De Berney".
That's BERNEY ECCLESTONE - you were so fast, he wants to hire you for F1.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:46 (Ref:852184)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: Speeding at last years Le Mans

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
That's BERNEY ECCLESTONE - you were so fast, he wants to hire you for F1.
Dont u mean "Bernie"
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:53 (Ref:852192)   #6
solja
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix1
Try typing it into.... http://babel.altavista.com/ not perfect but will give you a good idea of it anyway.
Unfortunatly Babel is blocked here at work.
I'm fairly sure I don't have anything to pay, but it would be nice to get it confirmed.
Thanks
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:55 (Ref:852193)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Try this. http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
Old 27 Jan 2004, 13:27 (Ref:852226)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
solja, I suggest you copy the contents by PM to Fab. I'm sure he wouldn't mind casting his eye over it for you.

Salutary lesson peeps - keep that speed under control.....
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:04 (Ref:852342)   #9
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Solja

Take a look at your PMs.

FG
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:06 (Ref:852344)   #10
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
solja, you could always try the CAB, too. But whatever you do, don't leave it too long. I believe the EC harmonised laws may mean that you can be hit as hard here at home as in France. It'd be a b*gger if you were being done twice and unable to contest it.

Keep us posted, this may be an extra to watch out for!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:25 (Ref:852369)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I think FG can cope qith it, but I volonteer to help if you wish, Solja : check your pm, I posted my adress.

Last edited by Fab; 27 Jan 2004 at 15:28.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:39 (Ref:852398)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Speeding at last years Le Mans

Quote:
Unfortunatly I was caught speeding on my journey back to Calais after last years 24 hr. I paid the fine and a friend drove the rest of the way and I thought nothing else of it. Until yesterday when on the door mat landed a letter from the "Juridiction De Proximite De Berney".
I can make out the jist of the letter, it details the offence, the fine and If I wish to contest it or not. However I am unsure if It is after more money or is just that the speeding ticket has made it through the usual legal procedings and I now have a penalty notice, which I have already paid.
My question is, is there someone out there who may of seen one of these before and has better French than me (not difficult I grant you) that wouldnt mind taking a look at it for me - If I scanned it in and PM it to you.

Thanks
Send it back and explain that the person in question no longer lives at the address and would they please stop sending you other peoples mail !!!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:43 (Ref:852405)   #13
solja
Rookie

Thanks for the help everyone, Fab is taking a look at it for me.

Thanks Fab!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 16:25 (Ref:852468)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thanks for the help everyone, Fab is taking a look at it for me.

Thanks Fab!
The page must be on its way, I'll check my mailbox regulary, but you may have the answer only tomorrow...
Old 28 Jan 2004, 06:25 (Ref:853200)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
OK, it's done : no damage, but a french driver could have suffer much more of this one !
Old 28 Jan 2004, 06:41 (Ref:853207)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
OK, it's done : no damage, but a french driver could have suffer much more of this one !
WoooHooo ..... your free ..... next round is on you , Bet ya wish it was a fine when you see the cost of the round mate !!!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 10:24 (Ref:853391)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
WoooHooo ..... your free ..... next round is on you , Bet ya wish it was a fine when you see the cost of the round mate !!!
When I was mentionning that a french driver could have suffer, I was meaning jail + licence confiscated + car confiscated...

And for the round, try me : I did last June, and I didn't count mate !
Old 28 Jan 2004, 10:52 (Ref:853423)   #18
Robin Webster
Rookie

Robin Webster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't worry about it! It is only the official letter about the offence tieing up the ends leagaly speaking at the French end.

I was done 5,000 Francs for a radar detector in 2000 and got a letter by registered post some time later. It is just the offical notice, you have to take no further action.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:13 (Ref:853648)   #19
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like they use the same admin/ post service as teh ACO!!