Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3896762)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Good old Mobil wholesale fuels keeping their retail front end happy
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:32 (Ref:3896769)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3896773)   #28
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Even with the COG adjustment, they'll still be at the front of the field.

They claimed the FG-X was at a disadvantage last year, yet still won the championship soundly.

The amount of whinging from the Ford teams' fanbase is unsubstantiated.
I'm a Holden fan when it comes to v8 racing, but in every day stuff I like Fords and Mopar. I don't have a Holden tee shirt. You are right when it comes to crying, ford fan do it best. Lots of practice maybe.
The FG and the ZB I think were a very good match. look at the ZB side profile it's like a concrete block wall in the front.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3896777)   #29
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Last year's championship was decided at the final round.

Is that close racing by your definition, or does it constitute winning the championship soundly?
He lead the championship for the buk of the season. Reeled off pole positions with dominant frequency.

But nah, the car was a dud.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3896778)   #30
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Nick might need to double check his payslip this month.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3896784)   #31
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
He lead the championship for the buk of the season. Reeled off pole positions with dominant frequency.

But nah, the car was a dud.
Where did the other Ford's come in the championship, I think Scotty played a lone hand?
Old 11 Apr 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3896785)   #32
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Nick might need to double check his payslip this month.
I wonder if the team will have 457 working and 418 student visa holders on $0.49ph?
Old 11 Apr 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3896818)   #33
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lol. As the best driver by far, McLaughlin would have been further ahead had he an equal vehicle to the ZB Commodore... Just because a driver can win despite a handicap is hardly parity!

Quote:
the car was a dud.
It was, and they built a better car: the Mustang. Surely they should reap the rewards of their efforts and hard work! It's clear as day Ford Performance and DJR Team Penske are the best of the best. It's up to the others to step up and do a better job, as outlined below...

Clear guidelines have been established based on Mustang -- i.e., carbon fibre bodyworks kits are allowed all round. Therefore, it would be better to keep the agreed homologations (with no COG stipulation) in 2019 and for Holden and Nissan to homologate new bodywork using carbon fibre door jambs, pillars and sill panels in 2020; in the process they could address their perceived aero weaknesses too. Just stick with the VCAT equivalence which works fine -- it gives a number to work to (downforce & drag at 200kmhr with zero yaw), the designers can then chase performance at all other situations.

With full carbon-fibre reinforced plastic bodywork on all entrants (supposedly Mustang requires 120kg ballast [thanks to the hard work of Tickford & DJRTP designing a wonderful lightweight bodywork kit], so the car could easily have 100kg taken out -- the same would apply to the rivals once they homologate new bodywork kits based on full carbon-fibre), the weight of these lumbering "touring cars" could then be reduced by 100kg across the board which would be great! 650hp/1295kg is a damn sight better than 650hp/1395kg!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 11 Apr 2019 at 13:28.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 01:08 (Ref:3896916)   #34
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol at anyone wanting "close racing", seemingly only come up with the idea this season though?

Must have had laryngitis or something during 888 near decade of dominance. A lot of those championships were not close either
Old 12 Apr 2019, 02:11 (Ref:3896922)   #35
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given the hysteria lately about Holden's chequebook have all the Ford whiners forgotten 888 being untouchable in Fords too?

One team dominating for a period of time doesn't indicate a parity problem.

I agree with Ryan Walkinshaw though, it is clear there is now an arms race where the resources poured into creating have created a vehicle that lives outside the ability of the historical testing for the purposes of establishing parity. New methods should be sought but 2 rounds in I think is perhaps inappropriate.

On the flipside if we had 6 Mustangs heading most races except when they tread on their own feet, it's no good either.

Also important to say the Ford teams are as much of a part of the decision making process and have a vote in the sport like anybody else.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2019, 02:24 (Ref:3896923)   #36
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
2 championships in Falcons vs 7 in a Commodore...hmmmm...

Not to mention, one team dominating DOES indicate a parity problem. The whole point of parity racing is close, fair racing - it's not really important why their is disparity, only that it be addressed.

If everyone was in Commodores but T8 won every season, to me, that is a parity problem. Though not car related, the result is the same - boring races no one watched
Old 12 Apr 2019, 02:30 (Ref:3896924)   #37
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Given the hysteria lately about Holden's chequebook have all the Ford whiners forgotten 888 being untouchable in Fords too?

I agree with Ryan Walkinshaw though, it is clear there is now an arms race where the resources poured into creating have created a vehicle that lives outside the ability of the historical testing for the purposes of establishing parity. New methods should be sought but 2 rounds in I think is perhaps inappropriate.

On the flipside if we had 6 Mustangs heading most races except when they tread on their own feet, it's no good either.

Also important to say the Ford teams are as much of a part of the decision making process and have a vote in the sport like anybody else.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Lol at referencing Walkinshaw's whine to silence the 'whiners'.

And one team is currently dominating the very initial stages of the championship, so by your count there's not a parity problem. Good to know.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 05:46 (Ref:3896935)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

1-2-3-5-6-9

Old 12 Apr 2019, 05:50 (Ref:3896936)   #39
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ummm, anyone know who Rick Kelly was returning 'the bird' to at the entry of pitlane deep in that second session?
Old 12 Apr 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3896950)   #40
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe it was a Nissan rep?
Old 12 Apr 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3896955)   #41
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Maybe it was a Nissan rep?

Lol
Old 12 Apr 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3896960)   #42
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Ummm, anyone know who Rick Kelly was returning 'the bird' to at the entry of pitlane deep in that second session?
Maybe he was telling everyone what position he'd be in if it wasn't for the Mustangs?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3896961)   #43
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post

According to Twitter it was him and Dave Russell exchanging pleasantries
Old 12 Apr 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3896966)   #44
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

1-2-3-5-6-9

And yet Hazelwood in Whincups 888 Commodore from last season is ahead of both his factory team mates. So is it a parity problem because the bench mark team aren't dominating and get beaten by their old toy's?
Old 12 Apr 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3896971)   #45
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
According to Twitter it was him and Dave Russell exchanging pleasantries
How cute.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3896972)   #46
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
And yet Hazelwood in Whincups 888 Commodore from last season is ahead of both his factory team mates. So is it a parity problem because the bench mark team aren't dominating and get beaten by their old toy's?
The ex bench-mark team; rather.

Geeze - there seems to be a huge lack of acceptance in that DJRTP, and to a lesser extent TR, can do a better job than 888.

A cynic might even think some commentators earn some sort of commission from plugging the "parity" perspective here, there, and everywhere.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3896989)   #47
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
How cute.

According to Ricko it’s how you say gday in Mildura. Fair enough. If I was living in Mildura I’d be flipping off everyone too
Old 12 Apr 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3896991)   #48
Umai Naa
Veteran

It's not real good out there.

I could understand the resentment.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3896997)   #49
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
1-2-3-5-6-9

Mustangs in their rightful place, superb!

Quote:
It's hardly a problem. Especially when Nissan and Holden will be able to rehomologate their bodywork and aero packages in 2020 -- whereby they can achieve both lower weight and improved downforce all in one swoop!
Old 12 Apr 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3896999)   #50
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
it is clear there is now an arms race where the resources poured into creating have created a vehicle that lives outside the ability of the historical testing for the purposes of establishing parity
Not at all. The parity rule is match the downforce (and only the total at that, front and rear distribution is free) and drag at 200 km/hr in a straight line (zero yaw). That is ALL & everything that is meant by aerodynamic parity in Supercars -- there are NO other requirements.

The rule clearly implies that all the entrants are allowed to optimise downforce and drag everywhere else (they each get an annual homologation opportunity to do so), and why shouldn't they be able to?