Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the team of the season-opener for you?
Mercedes 6 12.00%
Ferrari 1 2.00%
Williams-Mercedes 0 0%
Red Bull-TAG Heuer 1 2.00%
Force India-Mercedes 0 0%
Toro Rosso-Ferrari 0 0%
Renault 1 2.00%
McLaren-Honda 0 0%
Sauber-Ferrari 0 0%
MRT-Mercedes 0 0%
Haas-Ferrari 41 82.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Mar 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3625063)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Australian Grand Prix 2016

Who is the team of the season-opener for you?
Old 20 Mar 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3625070)   #2
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haas
Old 20 Mar 2016, 08:10 (Ref:3625074)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haas. Impressive début from the team.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 09:26 (Ref:3625087)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Haas for me - impressive first up performance, looked they belonged and in the points at their first hit-out. Good stuff!
Old 20 Mar 2016, 10:13 (Ref:3625098)   #5
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Haas - great debut!

Sixth place - genuine points!
Old 20 Mar 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3625125)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Haas
Old 20 Mar 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3625159)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's got to be Haas. Early days but hope they can keep this up.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3625172)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can only be Haas

Richard
Old 20 Mar 2016, 16:04 (Ref:3625182)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yep Haas to be Haas.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3625201)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercedes.

Yes I thought about Haas, but it's "Team of the Grand Prix" not "Better than I thought they would be".
Old 20 Mar 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3625208)   #11
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haas. Best debut race for a new team since Sauber in 1993. In their first race, they scored more points than the 2010 newcomers in their whole time in F1.

Yes, they got lucky with the red flag, but if the car was off the pace, Grosjean couldn't have defended his position against a Williams and a Force India for almost forty laps.

Also keep in mind the minimal preparation they had, which hits a new team worst.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3625210)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Can I take the opposite view and vote for my NOT Team of the race: Ferrari?
I don't know what the Italian phrase is for "Tyre Change Strategy Operative" but I'm sure it will be appearing in a Job Centre near to Modena first thing tomorrow morning!
(What on earth were they thinking by deciding not to change tyres like everyone else did during the red flag?)
Old 20 Mar 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3625218)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Can I take the opposite view and vote for my NOT Team of the race: Ferrari?
I don't know what the Italian phrase is for "Tyre Change Strategy Operative" but I'm sure it will be appearing in a Job Centre near to Modena first thing tomorrow morning!
(What on earth were they thinking by deciding not to change tyres like everyone else did during the red flag?)
What makes you think they were thinking?
Old 20 Mar 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3625225)   #14
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haas to be Haas ;-)

For not just getting a car to the finish of their debut GP, but to get decent points as well. In one race they have three times the entire points haul of Marussia/Manor, Lotus/Caterham & HRT combined.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 18:15 (Ref:3625236)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haas, with a runaway!
Old 20 Mar 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3625248)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes, lets see how Haas does without a red flag.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3625289)   #17
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Mercedes.

Yes I thought about Haas, but it's "Team of the Grand Prix" not "Better than I thought they would be".
In a way it is. Otherwise you could always give this title to the team that wins.
Old 20 Mar 2016, 22:38 (Ref:3625307)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
In a way it is. Otherwise you could always give this title to the team that wins.
If one team scores a one-two and doesn't make any mistakes, yes. That does seem to fit the definition "Team of the Grand Prix".
Old 21 Mar 2016, 01:22 (Ref:3625364)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
Mercedes, lets see how Haas does without a red flag.
Mercedes benefited from the red flag too.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 02:38 (Ref:3625383)   #20
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
If one team scores a one-two and doesn't make any mistakes, yes. That does seem to fit the definition "Team of the Grand Prix".
And yet thankfully we are not forced to operate under that definition. I like the idea of having some flexibility to use broader criteria. Its quite boring to limit to what is really just effectively the most championship points scored as pure math will tell you that. Yes Mercedes did a great job, but given who they are, its not particularly unexpected. Is it a bit unfair to discount their level of hard work and preparation? Maybe, but again, they can enjoy the championship points as their reward.

So I pick Haas over Mercedes because what Haas did today was likely harder than what Mercedes did "given their respective situation prior to the race or start of season".

As I watched the tail end of the race and a sixth place looked real, I was worried that it would vanish because there was a train of cars behind Grosjean. I was thinking just a small bobble by him could cause him to easily drop out of the top ten. That the sixth place would be a pure fluke even if he was lucky enough to keep it together and prevent a pass. But then I noticed that Grosjean had the real pace to pull away from Hulkenberg and expand his gap and prevent DRS. Haas was for real (at least for this race) And it also wasn't because Hulkenberg was slowing to defend his own position. Yes, there was some of that, but Hulkenberg was able to maintain his gap (even if it was about a second or so) with Bottas. The real fun was behind Bottas with Renault and Toro Rosso.

Richard
Old 21 Mar 2016, 03:41 (Ref:3625389)   #21
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*Bandwagon jumping alert*

Haas.

Ok, I would have picked them anyway. Well done Grosjean for a mature and measured drive. Bravo Haas F1 for flying in the face of all the naysayers.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 03:54 (Ref:3625390)   #22
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Ferrari.....if it hadn't been for the tyre cock up and Kimi's car bursting into flames it would have been a prancing horse 1-2..
Old 21 Mar 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3625460)   #23
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Haas.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 12:57 (Ref:3625500)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
H
a
a
s

Of note was that the F1 race got at least two mentions in last night's live coverage of the NASCAR Auto Club 400. Not joking mentions, either. That's an impact I wasn't expecting!
Old 21 Mar 2016, 12:58 (Ref:3625501)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haas for a solid debut.